Con Suite > Cosplay

Shoe paint/dye

(1/1)

batman_maybe:
Hey guys! Can anyone recommend a good paint for the rubber portion of shoes--not the sole, but the lip that wraps around. I've seen some mention of oil-based paint pens for tires. Wondering if anyone has any experience with that or can recommend something else that won't crack/chip from walking around. Just looking to go from white to black.

Transmute Jun:
Would this be a job for Meltonian Color Spray? I have used this on vinyl and fake leather boots and it has worked well.

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

batman_maybe:
I'll check it out--thanks!

edwinfabian:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginHey guys! Can anyone recommend a good paint for the rubber portion of shoes--not the sole, but the lip that wraps around. I've seen some mention of oil-based paint pens for tires. Wondering if anyone has any experience with that or can recommend something else that won't crack/chip from walking around. Just looking to go from white to black.

--- End quote ---

Whenever dealing with shoes, I use Angelus shoe paint/dye. Technically it's supposed to be for leather, but I've used it for the sole and rubber parts you're talking about and as long as you have a few good layers along with some finisher you should be good. 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version