Con Suite > Cosplay

Where to suit up?

<< < (3/3)

dcuodust:
I cosplayed two days last year, and being that is was during a heat wave I took a change of clothes with me both days and changed in and out multiple times using restrooms. And just like George Costanza ranked restrooms I can say that the cleanest best one to change in is the restroom in the Hard Rock Hotel main lobby.

Mel:
Now that I am thinking about it, I feel like I have heard someone mention that there is a cosplay repair room. Maybe I am getting it confused with another Con, but maybe google for that and see what you find. They might be fine with changing in there.

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

foxbatkllr:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI agree. Groups like the 501st probably just make sure that someone in their group has a room at either the Bayfront or the MMM for the convenience.

SDCC does not have a space set aside in the convention center for changing into/out of costume.

--- End quote ---

501st member here and long time costumer.

Before I ever got a hotel room (which wasn't until around 2011 or 2012 I think) I would get ready in the parking garage.  Its pretty common practice to suit up at your car for 501st members.  Most of the costumes allow you to wear the soft parts from home (or wherever you are commuting from) and just put the armor on in the parking garage.  Sure, it may raise a few eyebrows but you get over it.

Now I try to get a hotel room and change in the room.  I've also borrowed another person's room to get ready before.  This year I'm at the Solamar, so I'm going to try to make the walk from that hotel in costume.  The walk isn't actually the hard part, I'm more worried about the heat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version