Author Topic: TOUCAN TIP OF THE DAY! #22: Hall H and Plaza Park Lines +Toucan Tracker Wristban  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

TOUCAN TIP OF THE DAY!
#22: Hall H and Plaza Park Lines +Toucan Tracker Wristbands!

We know you want to be the first in line for a lot of Comic-Con events, especially Hall H, but there are certain guidelines to always keep in mind.

While Comic-Con discourages any line-ups in advance in Plaza Park adjacent to Hall H, if you do find yourself in line for an extended period of time, please adhere to these rules:

For safety issues we cannot allow anyone to line up in Plaza Park until ALL tents, canopies, stanchions, and work are completed at the Park. This also includes areas adjacent to the Park. Please, no waiting nearby for work to be completed. We anticipate that all work will be finished sometime on Tuesday, July 18, however this is not a guarantee. Because this is a safety issue, we have been told that anyone waiting in the area before all work is completed will be asked to leave regardless of time of arrival or length of time they have been waiting.

In an effort to accommodate as many people as possible with the least amount of impact for all, please follow the rules below:

Camping is not allowed.

No tents, canopies, inflatables, cots, beds, furniture, large coolers, heaters, large fans, large umbrellas, chaise lounges, open flames, or anything of similar size of any kind as determined by the San Diego Convention Center.

You are allowed to have one chair per person of relatively normal size. You may use a sleeping bag or blanket as well, provided it is only taking up the space of one person.

You cannot leave unattended personal items (chairs, sleeping bags, clothing, etc.) as a placeholder in line. Someone must be present at all times. You can hold space for up to 5 people.

No facilities or services will be available in Plaza Park, so plan accordingly.

Restroom access will be available in Lobby G of the Convention Center from 9:00 PM to 7:00 AM each night starting Tuesday, July 18. No other access to facilities will be available.

Please respect the grounds and dispose of trash in trash receptacles. Please do not leave any trash or waste behind.
Toucan Tracker Wristbands for Hall H

Hate waiting in line? We do too! To help you manage your valuable time at Comic-Con and to discourage line cutting, the Toucan Tracker wristbands will be returning to Hall H for 2017!

Toucan Tracker wristbands give attendees flexibility based upon their priorities at Comic-Con. If you wish to get a front section seat in Hall H, you are welcome to wait in line overnight once you receive your wristband. If seat placement is not a priority to you, wristbands allow you to reserve general seating in Hall H and come back in the morning. Toucan Trackers are essentially a way for you to know that you have a seat in Hall H, whether you are physically in line or not!
So How Do They Work?

Toucan Tracker wristbands will be given out the night before each Hall H panel. For example, Saturday wristbands will be given out on Friday night. Once you receive your wristband, you have three options:

1. You may immediately line up for the following day’s first panel in Hall H.

2. You may leave someone to hold your place in line, and return before 7:30 AM to meet them. You will be allowed to join them in line as long as you have your matching wristband. Please keep in mind that line is grouped in color “zones.” If your group wishes to enter together, all members of your group will need to get wristbands at the same time, so plan accordingly.

3. You may leave, get a good night’s rest, and return to the end of the wristbanded line before 7:30 AM. Please keep in mind that you must be there before 7:30 AM.

If you decide to leave the line at any point, you may return to the end of the wristbanded line prior to 7:30 AM and still gain entry to the first panel of the day in Hall H. You do not need to wait overnight! If you return after 7:30 AM, you will have to go to the end of the Hall H line and may not receive first seating.
And Where Do You Get These Fabulous Wristbands?

Toucan Tracker wristbands will be distributed at the front of the Next Day Line for Hall H. Distribution times vary by day. Please see the map below for the location of the Next Day Line.
Comic-Con International 2017 Hall H Next Day Line Map

Click on the map for a larger view!

You will need your Comic-Con 2017 badge or your barcode confirmation to receive a wristband. Please note that IDs will be checked, and the name on your photo ID must match the barcode confirmation.
Distribution Dates and Times

Wednesday, July 19: Wristband distribution for Thursday panels in Hall H will begin at 9:00 PM in the general Hall H line in Plaza Park.
    Thursday, July 20: Wristband distribution for Friday panels in Hall H will begin at 7:30 PM at the front of the Next Day Line.
    Friday, July 21: Wristband distribution for Saturday panels in Hall H will begin at 8:30 PM at the front of the Next Day Line.
    Saturday, July 22: Wristband distribution for Sunday panels in Hall H will begin at 7:30 PM at the front of the Next Day Line.

Please Note: Wristband distribution will continue throughout the night until all wristbands are distributed or until 7:30 AM the following day.

Remember, you do not need to wait in line overnight to receive first seating. Your wristband ensures first seating for the first panel of the day in Hall H. You are welcome to have someone hold your place in line or simply return to the end of the wristbanded line prior to 7:30 AM.

Wristbands will only be used for the first panel of the day in Hall H. Once the wristband line has been let into the hall, individuals without wristbands will be allowed to enter.
The Fine Print:

Wristbands are issued such that the wristband holder will have first seating for Hall H (barring any unforeseen circumstances). We anticipate that all holders of wristbands will be able to get seating for Hall H if you follow the guidelines above. Comic-Con reserves the right to refuse entry to any person for any reason.

Wristbands cannot be traded or sold. By receiving a wristband, you agree not to sell, trade, transfer or share your wristband. In the event that San Diego Comic Convention/Comic-Con International (SDCC) determines that you have violated this policy, SDCC has the right to cancel your badge(s) and keep any money paid by you.
Frequently Asked Questions

What is the wristband for?

Wristbands give you first seating and ensure that people are not cutting in line. Previously, you could be number 100 in line when you went to bed that evening, and find yourself number 500 in line due to people in front of you holding spots for their friends. They also allow you to skip the overnight wait if seat placement is not a priority.

What does it do?

It shows our Line Management team-and you-that you are one of the people who will be admitted to Hall H for the first panel of the day. They also have the awesome benefit of showing Comic-Con where to place signs marking each quarter of the line. These signs will help you by giving you a visual marker of just how much of Hall H needs to empty in order for you gain entry! In other words, if you're waiting in line for a panel later in the day and you see a sign that says 75% of the room would need to leave, you will be able to judge whether or not waiting in line is worth it to you, or if you should spend your valuable time elsewhere!

What about the disabled seating line?

We're glad you asked! The disabled seating line will also have wristbands. All the same directions and procedures for Hall H will apply to the disabled seating line. The Next Day Line for disabled seating will form behind the current day’s line for disabled seating. Disabled seating wristbands will only be distributed to attendees with a disabled seating sticker and their attendant with a hangtag.

Can I leave the line and come back? Does it hold my place in line?

Wristbands do not hold your place in line. If you leave the line, make sure someone in your group remains to hold your spot or you will lose it. You must return to your group prior to 7:30 AM or you will be sent to the back of the entire Hall H line, even if you have a wristband.

My daughter is not able to wait with me before the wristbands are distributed, can I save a spot for her in line?

While we do not recommend saving space in line, those in line for wristbands may save space for no more than 5 people. Any additional people beyond those 5 will be asked to leave and may rejoin the end of the Next Day Line.

If I have a wristband, decide not to wait overnight, and do not have a friend hold my spot, will I still get into the first panel?

Yes! As long as you return prior to 7:30 AM you will receive first seating. You will however, be at the end of the wristbanded line.

What about my children?

Your child must be with you when you receive your wristband. Once they have a wristband, they may leave and you can save them a spot in line, but they must be present when you get your wristband.

If all wristbands are distributed, what does that mean for me?

If you don't have a wristband, you probably won’t get into the first panel of the day. That doesn't mean it's impossible, though! The great thing about wristbands is you can see exactly how far you are from the last attendee with a wristband and decide if you want to wait or not.

Am I guaranteed a seat in Hall H if I have a wristband?

Wristbands are issued such that the wristband holder will have first seating for Hall H. We anticipate that all holders of wristbands will be able to get seating for Hall H if you follow the guidelines above. Comic-Con reserves the right to refuse entry to any person for any reason.

Can I give my wristband to someone else if I change my mind about going into the panel?

No. While we appreciate your willingness to share, we ask that you do not give away your wristbands to allow those who have spent the time waiting in line the chance to enter.

My friend is coming later to stand in line with me. Can I get an additional wristband?

To keep things as fair as possible, wristbands will only be given to those people present in line, while supplies last. Anyone who comes later will have to go to the back of the line. One wristband per person.

How does saving a spot in line work?

The Next Day Line will be grouped into “color zones,” and corresponding color wristbands are passed out for each zone. If your group is not together at the time of distribution, you may not receive the same color wristband, and will not be allowed to enter together as a group. For example, if you are nearer the front of the line and receive a red wristband, but your other friends farther back get blue wristbands, they will only be allowed to line up in the blue section and may not join you in the red section. Simply put, if you want your group to enter the hall together, make sure you all get your wristbands at the same time.

We have our wristbands, how many people can we hold space for?

You may hold a place for no more than 5 wristband holders in line overnight, and they may return to meet you in the same spot before 7:30 AM as long as they have the correct color wristband for your section. Additional people beyond those 5 will be asked to rejoin at the end of the wristbanded line.

Can I get into the first panel of the day in Hall H without a wristband?

We want as many people to enjoy the panels as possible, so if everyone with wristbands has entered Hall H and there are still seats remaining we'll let you in!

I have more questions, what should I do?

We're always happy to answer any questions that may arise! If you have additional questions before the event, feel free to send an email to [email protected]. Otherwise, just ask any of the Hall H Line staff in the light green shirts/vests.
Comic-Con reserves the right to change any time or procedure for distributing any wristbands for any reason. Safety concerns, and requests from the Convention Center, the Fire Marshal, Police, City, or Port may require we change these published plans.

Check back for another Toucan Tip tomorrow here on Toucan, the only OFFICIAL SDCC blog! Bookmark Toucan and the Comic-Con Front Page for the latest updates for Comic-Con International 2017!