Author Topic: New Person  (Read 2876 times)

Offline blasianFMA

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
New Person
« on: April 16, 2014, 11:03:18 AM »
Hi everyone,

My name is Johnathan, but you can call me blasianFMA (Or Johnathan if you insist). I am currently in the planning phase for a panel that I would like to pitch for New York Comic Con 2014 however, this is the only forum that I can find about Cons in general. Mind you, I did notice that while other Cons are being promoted/ on the calendar/ have a countdown, NYCC is not. I don't know what the deal is there, but the fact that cons other than just SDCC are being discussed, lead me to believe that this would be the right place to talk about some things NYCC related. If not, could someone please direct me in the right way. I'm doing a lot of research on the interest level of my proposed panel, and am asking around various places, reddit included.

Thanks for your time.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Re: New Person
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 11:10:52 AM »
We have 2 areas for NYCC specifically:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Enjoy!  :)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:57:36 PM »

Offline blasianFMA

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 11:28:44 AM »
Thank you very much  ;D

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 11:36:09 AM »
You're welcome.  Here is the official introductions thread:

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 12:53:01 PM »
Hi everyone,

My name is Johnathan, but you can call me blasianFMA (Or Johnathan if you insist). I am currently in the planning phase for a panel that I would like to pitch for New York Comic Con 2014 however, this is the only forum that I can find about Cons in general. Mind you, I did notice that while other Cons are being promoted/ on the calendar/ have a countdown, NYCC is not. I don't know what the deal is there, but the fact that cons other than just SDCC are being discussed, lead me to believe that this would be the right place to talk about some things NYCC related. If not, could someone please direct me in the right way. I'm doing a lot of research on the interest level of my proposed panel, and am asking around various places, reddit included.

Thanks for your time.

first welcome!

second love to hear your pitch to nycc after you meet/chat/etc with them of course  we always love to hear about what forum members are doing!

third, i've only got room for 5 countdowns. NYCC is absolutely going to get a count down. I think i'll put it in when i take c2e2 down.  that'll give me a couple of other slots to play with for other con's.  I'm thinking of adding Hero's con and open to suggestions for the third open slot. see this thread to make a suggestion . You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

i see chris got you the nycc links... we've got a pretty active group heading to nycc.  all of us are anxiously awaiting the vip tix sale-- just a warning tho.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline blasianFMA

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 01:04:29 PM »
Thanks Alyssa. I just wasn't sure if there was some unsaid rivalry between SD and NY. I even tried a search for NYCC. Apparently I'm bad at searching >_< I posted the pitch in the appropriate forum which Chris directed me to.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 01:14:45 PM »
absolutely no rivalry as a mater of fact i'm trying to entices a few of my left coast con buddies in to visiting us on the right coast  ;)
I've already got my condo booked across the river with a deposit and everything! Very much looking forward to nycc.

BrianS frequently posts on the forum, to which i am very grateful.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 01:17:46 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5