Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 210460 times)

TravT77

Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #450 on: March 24, 2019, 02:49:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My boss never likes me during this time.
Right?! What gives??? Who doesn’t understand the importance of having time off to set up a 5 laptop command center in your living room in an effort to score tickets to a four day costume party and geek festival on the other side of the country???? I mean, what do they expect? Geesh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #451 on: March 24, 2019, 03:53:42 PM »
Right?! What gives??? Who doesn’t understand the importance of having time off to set up a 5 laptop command center in your living room in an effort to score tickets to a four day costume party and geek festival on the other side of the country???? I mean, what do they expect? Geesh

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #452 on: Today at 08:38:08 PM »

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #452 on: March 24, 2019, 04:15:48 PM »

you guys are HYSTERICAL!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9690
« Reply #453 on: March 24, 2019, 07:31:48 PM »

Surely you should be able to take a day of paid leave for such an important endeavor!

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #454 on: March 24, 2019, 08:53:56 PM »
Worried about hotelapocolypse.  For the past three years we haven’t even gotten a hotel thru the lottery and then have to watch everyday hoping something will open up.  My boss never likes me during this time.

I had just started a new job last year. I swear that any time someone walked by my cube I had just previously gotten an alert from FoCC and was updating the hotels page on my phone. Somehow still held the job despite appearing like I was on my phone 24/7 (I don’t use work PC’s for personal biz).

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #455 on: March 24, 2019, 11:56:36 PM »
I’ve already warned my boss I’m going to be late for work that day.  With the timezones, it’ll likely be around 6am my time. I usually leave for work around 6:15-6:30.  So I’m just bumping it back a bit. My supervisor had approved it and said to just let her know when the date is announced. Everyone in the office is aware of how important the con is to me so they’re use to odd requests like that that they don’t understand but know are important to me lol

Offline chirigami

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 74
« Reply #456 on: March 25, 2019, 12:19:42 AM »
I'm wondering what kind of natural disaster is going to happen on hotelapocolypse.  Both days for badge registration this time around the power magically went out at my house - thank god for friends.  If it happens that day too, I'm going to laugh because of course! (and cry a little).

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #457 on: March 25, 2019, 08:06:03 AM »
The power went out for me on badge day too. It was temporary thank goodness. We had random heavy winds that day.

Offline karli2067

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 52
« Reply #458 on: March 25, 2019, 08:40:25 AM »
question regarding the hotel lottery--has anyone used their phone to fill out the form?  is it compatible?  (I have an iphone 6s).  And second question--has anyone had any experience with renting a hot spot?  that has to be a thing right?  i'll be at work and ive already informed all my coworkers that I am commandeering their computers but I wanted to bring my laptop in and we do not have wifi.  Last year I had a hotspot on my phone but since leaving Verizon I don't have that anymore

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #459 on: March 25, 2019, 08:43:03 AM »
question regarding the hotel lottery--has anyone used their phone to fill out the form?  is it compatible?  (I have an iphone 6s). 

I have not but I know people on this forum have used their phones in the past.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #460 on: March 25, 2019, 08:58:11 AM »
Last year I had a hotspot on my phone but since leaving Verizon I don't have that anymore

[member=5621]karli2067[/member]

I'm confused...

Is Verizon the only carrier that offers the option of using your phone as a hot spot?

Who is you current carrier?
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline karli2067

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 52
« Reply #461 on: March 25, 2019, 09:44:26 AM »
[member=5681]sessionka[/member] I have straight talk now and everything I read so far says it will not support use as a hot spot. (and where I used to be able to turn on the hotspot it is just a never ending loading circle)  its so much cheaper so I cant complain too much I guess

TravT77

« Reply #462 on: March 25, 2019, 09:45:02 AM »
I have an IPhone 6S and had no trouble filling out the form. Also, have ATT and Hotspot works well for me.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4553
« Reply #463 on: March 25, 2019, 11:52:12 AM »
I’ve already warned my boss I’m going to be late for work that day.  With the timezones, it’ll likely be around 6am my time. I usually leave for work around 6:15-6:30.  So I’m just bumping it back a bit. My supervisor had approved it and said to just let her know when the date is announced. Everyone in the office is aware of how important the con is to me so they’re use to odd requests like that that they don’t understand but know are important to me lol

You luck out on the time!  It's 10am here (I leave for work at 6:30 am) and I can tell you my boss won't understand.  She has already told me I don't get SDCC off in 2020.  So I am just going to have an emergency that day vs asking and getting told no. 

Already looking for a new job, the silly boss thinks that I will stick around after she told me no SDCC IN 2020. 
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9690
« Reply #464 on: March 25, 2019, 12:07:20 PM »
You luck out on the time!  It's 10am here (I leave for work at 6:30 am) and I can tell you my boss won't understand.  She has already told me I don't get SDCC off in 2020.  So I am just going to have an emergency that day vs asking and getting told no. 

Already looking for a new job, the silly boss thinks that I will stick around after she told me no SDCC IN 2020.

Aren't you scheduled for emergency pneumonia on that dates of SDCC 2020? And very contagious, so no one could visit you in the hospital...