Author Topic: Random Chat  (Read 117445 times)

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
Re: Random Chat
« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2017, 07:34:55 AM »
Monopoly TNG ;) reboot, from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

PAWTUCKET, R.I.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Today, Hasbro Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is gearing up to celebrate World MONOPOLY Day on March 19 by announcing the winning tokens from the MONOPOLY Token Madness Vote. Fans across the globe have spoken, and the eight tokens set to "pass GO" in the next generation of the MONOPOLY game are the Scottie dog, top hat, car, battleship, cat, T-rex, rubber ducky, and penguin tokens.

During the MONOPOLY Token Madness vote, January 10 - 31, fans across more than 100 countries selected the eight tokens they hoped to see in the next generation of the game from a list of 64 contenders. This monumental MONOPOLY campaign drew more than 4.3 million votes, empowering fans to make their mark on this iconic game. The new, fan-picked lineup of MONOPOLY Tokens includes:

- Scottie Dog Token: The best friend of Mr. MONOPOLY since the 1950s, the Scottie Dog token proved its popularity by receiving the most votes - making it the overall first place winner.
- T-Rex Token: The mighty T-Rex token stomped its way into the new game, garnering the second most overall votes and making history as the first dinosaur token of Mr. MONOPOLY.
- Top Hat Token: Coming in third place in overall votes, the Top Hat token - a staple in the game since 1935 - will keep Mr. MONOPOLY looking dapper well into the future.
- Car Token: This 1930s roadster will continue fueling adrenaline rushes for Mr. MONOPOLY in the next generation of the game; coming in fourth place in overall votes.
- Rubber Ducky Token: Coming in fifth in overall votes, the new Rubber Ducky token is truly all its "quacked" up to be.
- Cat Token: Fans voted the Cat token into the game in 2013, and she clawed her way back in as one of the eight winning tokens, coming in sixth place in overall votes.
- Penguin Token: Waddling into the game in seventh place in overall votes, the Penguin token is the new style muse for Mr. MONOPOLY.
- Battleship Token: The beloved Battleship token represents the first round-the-world trip for Mr. MONOPOLY; securing the eighth spot in overall votes, this token's legacy will cruise into the next generation of the game.

"The MONOPOLY Token Madness Vote was our biggest fan-powered program to date and the global MONOPOLY community has spoken!" said Jonathan Berkowitz, senior vice president of marketing for Hasbro Gaming. "The next generation of tokens clearly represents the interests of our fans around the world and we're proud to have our iconic game impacted by the people that feel most passionate about playing it."

Some of the success of the tokens making their way into, or keeping their spot in the MONOPOLY game can be attributed to many brands and organizations campaigning for select tokens. Car sharing service, Zipcar campaigned to keep the Car Token in the game by tweeting playful and often hilarious memes to their fans asking them to #SaveTheCar. The New England Aquarium rallied fans of their adorable Penguin population to #VotePenguin, and hosted MR. MONOPOLY to meet the penguins on the day the vote kicked off, which was broadcasted via Facebook live to the MONOPOLY brand's nearly 11 million Facebook fans.

While the Scottie dog, top hat, car, cat, and battleship tokens can breathe a sigh of relief, the iconic thimble, boot, and wheelbarrow tokens didn't make the cut. Instead, they're planning to take some time off and will not be part of the next generation of the MONOPOLY game.

- "Sew" long, Thimble: The lucky Thimble token is down on its luck. With just over 81,000 votes, this token will be left out of the next generation of the game after more than 80 years.
- The Boot gets booted: Mr. MONOPOLY needs a new pair of kicks, because the once popular boot token - modeled after the working shoe of the 1930s - received just over 83,000 votes, and was ultimately booted from the game.
- Bye, bye Wheelbarrow: The wheelbarrow token, a staple in the game since the 1950s, will wheel no more. With just over 60,000 votes, this historic token was voted out of the next generation of the game.

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2017, 02:11:06 PM »
Speaking of Star Trek, am I the only one that thinks that the Amazon Echo looks like the Whale Probe from Star Trek IV? It has the shape! Lol
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #182 on: Today at 01:03:19 AM »

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #182 on: March 18, 2017, 06:18:41 AM »
Can you imagine if they made a Monopoly: San Diego Comic-Con edition?  'Go' turns into 'Hall H', all the tokens turn into items from pop culture, throw in a cosplayer or two, 'Free Parking' into, well, parking...

Hmmm...I kinda like this thought....
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #183 on: March 18, 2017, 08:27:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Can you imagine if they made a Monopoly: San Diego Comic-Con edition?  'Go' turns into 'Hall H', all the tokens turn into items from pop culture, throw in a cosplayer or two, 'Free Parking' into, well, parking...

Hmmm...I kinda like this thought....
In the UK they did individual cities Monopoly and each square was something to do with that city.
I have my Nottingham Monopoly unopened.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #184 on: March 18, 2017, 12:22:58 PM »
Speaking of Star Trek, am I the only one that thinks that the Amazon Echo looks like the Whale Probe from Star Trek IV? It has the shape! Lol

I tried! this is what I got when I asked for a whale song

In the UK they did individual cities Monopoly and each square was something to do with that city.
I have my Nottingham Monopoly unopened.

They used to do that in the states for fundraisers. I feel sorry for families that get the GoTG Monopoly, there's a baby Groot token that's going to be the source of some drama.

What would jail be in SDCC monopoly? The Starbucks line?

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #185 on: March 18, 2017, 12:23:55 PM »

Clearly it's the Epic Waiting Room.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #186 on: March 18, 2017, 12:54:13 PM »
I tried! this is what I got when I asked for a whale song

They used to do that in the states for fundraisers. I feel sorry for families that get the GoTG Monopoly, there's a baby Groot token that's going to be the source of some drama.

Levels of jail: the WSOD from pre-Epic / Expo days, a Leapfrog logo, an [F5] key...  >:D

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #187 on: March 18, 2017, 02:05:52 PM »
Clearly it's the Epic Waiting Room.

And there definitely would not be any FREE PARKING!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #188 on: March 18, 2017, 02:23:41 PM »
And there definitely would not be any FREE PARKING!

Speaking of parking, imagine CityLift handling that Con task:

CityLift reduces the square footage needed per car up to 80% by eliminating ramps,slabs and aisles altogether.

(where's that briefcase -? )

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2017, 03:21:21 PM »
instead of free parking (which, you can park for free, you just down the street under the bridge down where the hobos live), it should be free swag!

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2017, 03:24:21 PM »
instead of free parking (which, you can park for free, you just down the street under the bridge down where the hobos live), it should be free swag!
Free swag! That's a winner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #191 on: March 20, 2017, 08:54:30 PM »

Big Trouble In little China Prints Coming soon from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  #bigtroubleinlittlechina

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #192 on: March 20, 2017, 09:35:27 PM »
Just did a joker cut if The Dark Knight.   :)

Offline Callie524

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #193 on: March 21, 2017, 09:56:35 AM »
I totally get a SDCC Monopoly game!
Find me on Twitter @CallieMartinez

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #194 on: March 22, 2017, 11:52:27 AM »
Open House San Diego is this weekend 8):

With 47 curated sites throughout Downtown, Bankers Hill and Barrio Logan, we invite you to celebrate our beautiful city’s built environment on March 25 & 26. Every building has a story. Want to learn how amazing buildings are designed? More than a dozen architecture studios will share their design process. Are you a fan of historic architecture? Some of San Diego’s most iconic buildings will reveal their rich histories. Interested in the newest buildings on the San Diego skyline? We have tours of recently completed projects and hard-hat tours. Want to experience an Orchid winner in person? Visit during Open House and learn why these sites won SDAF’s coveted award.

The details.

The participating sites are located in Downtown San Diego, Barrio Logan and new for 2017 — Bankers Hill. Most sites are open from 10am — 4pm, but some have limited hours. Most sites offer open access or self-guided tours. Some offer regularly scheduled guided tours on a first come, first served basis. Others require advance reservations. All are FREE! Review the 47 sites along with their descriptions, images, addresses and opening hours. A souvenir printed event guide with a map and site descriptions is available at city library branches and at various other locations around town. The event guide is also available for pdf download. Sites requiring advance reservations are accepted NOW!

Take your camera for a walk!

Submit your best photos taken at any OH! San Diego site during the weekend of the event for a chance to win prizes! Prizes will be awarded in three categories — Interior, Exterior and Detail. Cash prizes for 1st and 2nd place in each category will be awarded. Submissions must be taken on March 25 & 26, 2017 and feature a participating site. The deadline to submit photos is Sunday, April 2 at 11:59pm. More details to come.

Thanks to:
Photo competition organizer: David Harrison Photography
Prize sponsor and judge: Gerald Shonkwiler Photography
Judges: Ron Miriello and Lloyd Russell, AIA

OH! Talks.
Broaden your OH! San Diego experience by attending talks given by architects, designers, planners and other experts during the weekend. No reservations required.
When | Saturday March 25 Where | The Auditorium at San Diego Central Library | 330 Park Blvd.

10:30 AM        VICTORIA THORNTON | Open House Worldwide Founder
11:00 AM        JAN HORN | Executive Director, Architectural Division, Pacific Sotheby’s International Realty San Diego Residential Architecture, Then and Now.
11:30 AM        DIANE KANE, PhD | Architectural Historian and Preservation Planner A Reduced History of San Diego in 10 Iconic Buildings.
1:30 PM          JIM DAWE | Chair of Californians for Literacy and Community Libraries
1:45 PM          ROB WELLINGTON QUIGLEY, FAIA | Architect of San Diego Central Library How the Design of the Library Represents San Diego’s Past, Present and Future.
2:30 PM          HOWARD BLACKSON | Urban Designer Cultivating a San Diego Vernacular.

When | Saturday March 25 ONLY & Sunday March 26 (CANCELLED)
Where | Carrier Johnson + CULTURE | 1301 Third Ave.

12:30 PM        CASEY MAHON | Designer The Impacts of Technology on Architecture.