Author Topic: The Amazon Prime Video Experience (2019)  (Read 9509 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Re: The Amazon Prime Video Experience (2019)
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2019, 10:21:28 AM »
Either it's capped or no one wants in.  I'm in line for the Expanse right next to the entrance and no one is coming in.  Not a single person.

Offline Madmax

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2019, 12:50:16 AM »
How long was the wait for the amazon prime experience? When should i line up in am?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 03:57:49 PM »

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2019, 05:10:05 AM »
We don’t discuss line times here. I got in line before it opened yesterday though and went in when it opened though. Wait depends on when you go. If the place hits capacity, you have to wait until people leave to go in.

Offline Scubajim311

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2019, 06:59:02 PM »
Did anyone ever find out what the golden coin was for? Some people i asked said it was a collectible, others said it might be used for a special giveaway. My family and i enjoyed the offsite, we only did the expanse, i thought it was cool. Finding the hidden room and the password was exciting and all the food was pretty good!

Offline darlenealderson

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2019, 07:28:53 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Did anyone ever find out what the golden coin was for? Some people i asked said it was a collectible, others said it might be used for a special giveaway. My family and i enjoyed the offsite, we only did the expanse, i thought it was cool. Finding the hidden room and the password was exciting and all the food was pretty good!

I got a gold coin and couldn't figure out what to do with it.

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2019, 07:44:17 PM »
I didn’t get one but I thought you were supposed to redeem it with one of the staff for something special. It was in the pamphlet they handed out. 

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2019, 07:58:11 PM »
I asked sunday and they said it was a collectible dispite what the pamphlet said. Another staff said it originally lead to the clue to call the number on the garage, which is whay they told me to do when i asked about the coin.

That was pretty cool. The voice message leads you to the newspaper box that had a comic book. Inside the book had a picture of the cars license (crossed out) plate that crashed into the boys activation. I took a picture of the license plate and showed it to the staff members standing between the boys activation and the restrooms. They gave me a card with a time on it and asked me to keep what i found a secret and to wait around for my time.

Turned out to be a small comic book store! You plated darts a d depending what you hit you were given anthologies or other prises. They had shirts, posters, and you could choose one comic book from unmarked bins and unlimited from the red bins.

Needless to say it made me like the amazon offsite even more

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 08:04:40 PM by jopari »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2019, 09:01:12 PM »
We got one of the golden coins on Thursday morning and asked around. Apparently, during the press event on PN, it could be traded for a special swag box, but once the exhibit opened to the public, it just became a ‘collectible’ that wasn’t good for anything... you couldn’t even trade it for the food items, meaning it was actually more worthless than the silver coins.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2019, 09:43:19 PM »
We got one of the golden coins on Thursday morning and asked around. Apparently, during the press event on PN, it could be traded for a special swag box, but once the exhibit opened to the public, it just became a ‘collectible’ that wasn’t good for anything... you couldn’t even trade it for the food items, meaning it was actually more worthless than the silver coins.

I talked to some Amazon staff.  They told me that there was meant to be some staff members running around dressed in gold.  If you gave them that gold coin then you got the swag box.  They said that as close as a day before it opened that was the plan but then it got scraped at the last minute.

On Sunday, Amazon gave out silver coins to anyone as they walked by.  So people going in could have stocked up on coins before going in to have more to spend.  Some were picky about giving out the coins.  Others simply left them in a pile and yelled "collectible coins" and then people went into a feeding frenzy to get them.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2019, 09:45:11 PM »
That was pretty cool. The voice message leads you to the newspaper box that had a comic book. Inside the book had a picture of the cars license (crossed out) plate that crashed into the boys activation. I took a picture of the license plate and showed it to the staff members standing between the boys activation and the restrooms. They gave me a card with a time on it and asked me to keep what i found a secret and to wait around for my time.

Turned out to be a small comic book store! You plated darts a d depending what you hit you were given anthologies or other prises. They had shirts, posters, and you could choose one comic book from unmarked bins and unlimited from the red bins.

Needless to say it made me like the amazon offsite even more

That's awesome.  It's like the Mr. Robot offsite from a couple of years ago.  I wish I had picked up on that.  It did explain something I saw.  Someone was trying to get into the newspaper machine on the left side of the car, not the right.  He tried coins and everything.  I just thought he thought he could actually get a copy of the newspaper as a collectible.  Clearly, he was trying to do as you did.

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 118
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2019, 09:01:56 AM »
That's awesome.  It's like the Mr. Robot offsite from a couple of years ago.  I wish I had picked up on that.  It did explain something I saw.  Someone was trying to get into the newspaper machine on the left side of the car, not the right.  He tried coins and everything.  I just thought he thought he could actually get a copy of the newspaper as a collectible.  Clearly, he was trying to do as you did.

Yeah, we tried the newspaper thing on the left, and tried to put a coin in too! It didn't fit. Somehow didn't notice the one on the right. Sigh. Oh well.

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2019, 09:07:47 AM »
I wish I had known that the secret room at The Boys was not actually something I had to wait in that 3 hour line for. We did Carnival Row first thing Sunday morning when we came out the other two lines were capped or around 2-3 hour waits. So I left to be one of the first for the walking dead offsite instead.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2019, 09:25:25 AM »
Yeah, we tried the newspaper thing on the left, and tried to put a coin in too! It didn't fit. Somehow didn't notice the one on the right. Sigh. Oh well.

Aha!  So that was you. ;)

Offline Scubajim311

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2019, 10:36:33 AM »
That’s funny, I had no idea about the newspaper. I knew there was a secret room so I asked around and most of the staff said they didn’t know, but one said it might have something to do with the phone number on the side of the boys building. I called it and it said something about a comic but I couldn’t find any so I was talking to someone else about the secret room and they said they found a comic in the chest near the food, I went over there and one comic said “the password is” and then I found another chest and it a comic with a picture the license blacked out. So I was able to figure it out that way.

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2019, 12:06:07 PM »
I wish I had known that the secret room at The Boys was not actually something I had to wait in that 3 hour line for. We did Carnival Row first thing Sunday morning when we came out the other two lines were capped or around 2-3 hour waits. So I left to be one of the first for the walking dead offsite instead.

When I went, they gave out a time and told you to come back in 2 to 3 hours for it. I didn’t want to wait.