Author Topic: SDCC@HOME general Chat, Virtual SD Comic-Con Programming?  (Read 20109 times)

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
Re: Virtual SD Comic-Con Programming?
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2020, 02:30:14 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
hey guys, i got a question i'd like folk's feedback on.

should we(the forum) do a breakout of the programing per day? iow, set up Thurs/fri/sat/sun threads so everyone cn chat during the set up and con?

I have not been following this so am wondering if we'll actually be able to get into the panels, logistics etc all. BUT i am very behind the curve on this con! LOL

I would like to see this. It probably isn’t necessary to break it down further by time period or anything, but per day would be useful.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2020, 05:00:32 PM »

Comic-Con at Home: The TV Lineup

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: SDCC@HOME general Chat, Virtual SD Comic-Con Programming?
« Reply #122 on: Today at 02:37:38 PM »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2020, 06:20:35 PM »
Ah...  The Hidden Gems :-* :-*

My best hidden gem was the Ryan Reynolds panel.  I was just looking for a place to eat so ducked into Hall H and got some nachos.  The panel at the time was unusual and I wondered why it was even in Hall H.  There weren't many people there.  Then they announced that the next panel was a panel for the blu-ray release of Deadpool 2.  I didn't know.  I don't look at schedules.  I don't think people thought that Reynolds would show up for a blu-ray release.  I don't think he was listed in the schedule.  If he was, I would have thought there would have been more people there.  The very last person they introduced was Ryan Reynolds.  Of course, it turned into the Ryan Reynolds panel.  The other panelists didn't get much time.

Offline schweik

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2020, 08:42:14 AM »
hey guys, i got a question i'd like folk's feedback on.

should we(the forum) do a breakout of the programing per day? iow, set up Thurs/fri/sat/sun threads so everyone cn chat during the set up and con?

I have not been following this so am wondering if we'll actually be able to get into the panels, logistics etc all. BUT i am very behind the curve on this con! LOL

I'd be in favor of this.  It looks like there is still a decent amount of programming this year, so even though participation might be less predictable this year, I think things could easily get pretty cluttered without breakout threads.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2020, 09:50:37 PM »
From: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

“We always had this [monetary] buffer, so if we had to cancel the show for some catastrophic reason, we’d have enough money to meet our obligations and a little bit of seed money the next year,” Glanzer says. “I don’t think we ever thought we’d have to cancel two shows. It was really, really frightening.”

Comic-Con brought in a reported $19 million in revenue in 2017, and according to the San Diego Convention Center Corp., the event generated an estimated $149 million for the region in 2019. But even if COVID-19 testing and treatments improve, it’s profoundly uncertain when, or whether, any fan conventions could reach those heights again.

“If this were to continue and we weren’t able to have a convention, I don’t know what the future would be,” Glanzer says with a deep sigh. “It’s possible that [Comic-Con@Home] is laying the groundwork for something that could exist in the future. We’re learning a great deal.”

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2020, 07:55:17 AM »
From You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Scener's Watch Platform is an all-new way to connect and build community around streaming entertainment, allowing Comic-Con@Home attendees to meet with friends and fellow fans to not only participate in official programming, but host their own watch parties with up to a million guests. Also announced today, Scener now supports seven major subscription video-on-demand services: Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, Prime Video, Funimation, and Vimeo.

“We’re excited to have Scener as part of the Comic-Con@Home initiative.” David Glanzer, spokesperson for the non-profit Comic-Con said in a statement. “One of the major reasons for launching the online version was to maintain the Comic-Con sense of community. Scener literally brings people together, so while we may not be able to meet in person this summer, Scener allows us to meet, and share our passions virtually.”

Comic-Con@Home's Virtual Screenings, supported by Scener, will feature two tracks that fans can participate in -- a film track and an anime track -- with a live community chat. Something that Joe Braidwood, Scener co-founder described for ComicBook.com as being like "your favorite movie meets Twitch."

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2020, 12:17:21 PM »
“If this were to continue and we weren’t able to have a convention, I don’t know what the future would be,” Glanzer says with a deep sigh. “It’s possible that [Comic-Con@Home] is laying the groundwork for something that could exist in the future. We’re learning a great deal.”

I hope in the future they do something in VR.  Just something as simple and low effort as using Bigscreen to stream out the panels in VR panel rooms would add a lot.  There is definitely a feeling of presence when you are in the same space as other people in VR.  If for no other reason that you can see their reactions.  Figiting because of boredom or excitement when it's good.  Doing this is so simple.  People host shared movie viewings all the time with their friends.  Studios show movies in VR movie theaters.  If CCI wanted to get fancy, they could team with Bigscreen to build virtual copies of the SD Convention Center panel rooms.  Those 3D models already exist.

VR has really taken off in the last few months.  Anyone who's tried to buy a VR headset will know what I mean.  Demand has far outstripped supply.  Whenever a store gets any stock, it's gone.  Used prices have skyrocketed.  Headsets can sell for 2-3 times what they did when they were new in stores.  People beg in forums for others to sell their spare headsets.  The audience is there.

Since E3 was canceled this year.  There was no epic Devolver presence.  Instead, they did a VR version.  It's either a game with a lot of product placement or a commercial with a lot of game play.  Either way, it's a hit.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 12:20:16 PM by chocolateshake »

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2020, 01:16:05 PM »
Where do we watch the panels that aren't listed with a YouTube link?

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2020, 09:31:31 PM »

Comic-Con@Home on IGN Live: Full Schedule Announced

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2020, 11:54:29 AM »
What ever happened with the downloadable @home badges?

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2020, 02:17:33 PM »
What ever happened with the downloadable @home badges?

Print-at-Home Badges

It just wouldn't feel like Comic-Con without a badge to wear while accessing everything it has to offer! This year all you have to do is download the appropriate badge below, sponsored by Amazon Prime Video, and don't forget to visit Amazon Virtual-Con during your @Home experience. Amazon Virtual-Con will include curated events and experiences that amplify the spirit of Comic-Con@Home.

Download your preferred badge type below (PDF), print at 100% scale, and write your name in the box to the right of our logo (printer settings may vary). PRO TIP: If you still have a badge holder from a previous year, you can slip your printed Comic-Con@Home badge right in. Be sure not to leave your pets out, we have a badge for them too!

Attendee

Professional

Exhibitor

Volunteer

Child

NEW! Pets

« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 02:29:06 PM by AzT »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2020, 02:53:31 PM »
to let everyone know what's happening here for SDCC@HOME

in a day or so we'll be opening up threads for each of the 4 days.  I may add Wednesday to that list- I have a feeling that day will be taken up by Exclusives tho.
A shout out to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for creating the listings. These are NOT meant to supersede CCI's listing but to give a easy place to review the information. As such, please go to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for the most current and accurate information

I am hopeful those threads will be used for previewing, chatting about and discussing the overall vibe of the day.

All the panels are pre-recorded. The Q&A's have been pre-solisited by the panel. There may be giveaway's but folks will have to be watching ;)

#ComicConAtHome is the twitter hashtag. We encourage folks to tag @Friendsofcci in any sdcc posts ;)

in closing we are looking forward to SDCC@Home & chatting with everyone about the panels!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2020, 05:42:55 PM »
SDCC won't be the same this year but that doesn't mean there won't be some amazing content for fans to consume.

Join us, as we welcome Kerry from the @sdccblog to discuss some of the many great panels that will be happening this week at Comic-Con@Home 2020.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2020, 01:33:35 PM »

FX Unveils Full Digital Experience: FX UNLOCKED For Comic-Con@Home 2020 Extending the Comic-Con Experience to Online Audiences for the First Time

Fans will enjoy captivating experiences focused on FX's top programs, including American Horror Story, What We Do in the Shadows, DAVE and Cake and have the chance to win prizes

:-* :'( :-*

« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 02:41:27 PM by AzT »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2020, 06:44:34 PM »
It's a nice video... but it just makes me sad for everything we have lost. When people talk about the 'new normal' I am sometimes afraid that we will never have it again. This video brought on that depressing feeling.

I hope that the video is right and that we will be back in San Diego next year. I miss all of you!