Author Topic: NYCC 2016 Tickets  (Read 65128 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: NYCC 2016 Tickets
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2016, 10:11:20 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That's part of it. It's also just something about the whole experience being different at SDCC vs NYCC. The line at SDCC feels like it's part of the whole experience, the line at NYCC feels like it's just waiting on a long line. I can't really put it in words what the difference is but for me there is a difference.

oh no, there is a difference aside from the physical- the closest thing i've been able to ascribe it to is the people themselves- having grown up for a bit in nyc & lived in New england all my life- there's a big difference between the people in general.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
    • FoCC Blog Articles - mlgagne
  • Liked: 882
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2016, 10:17:25 AM »
oh no, there is a difference aside from the physical- the closest thing i've been able to ascribe it to is the people themselves- having grown up for a bit in nyc & lived in New england all my life- there's a big difference between the people in general.

^This. Times 1,000. TBH, I would feel 100% safe camping out overnight at SDCC all by myself if I had to. At NYCC, I...would not, haha.
SDCC: 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
WonderCon: 2017 | 2018 | 2019
NYCC: 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Walker Stalker Con: 2015 (San Diego) | 2017 (Atlanta)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #152 on: Today at 05:45:22 AM »

Offline conventiongeek

• Hall H
  • Liked: 270
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2016, 10:18:17 AM »
Well, it's unfortunate, but I still plan to go. Really looking forward to catching up with a long time friend that i haven't seen in years. However, being a Floridian (lived here over 13 years now) my blood is thin and I would not want to camp out on the cold sidewalks of NYC in October.

Damn all those complainers... I bet they feel bad about it now.

I do like the membership idea, although 2 points on that...

1. They are giving people about 6 weeks to sign up. It takes people years to sign up for a SDCC membership... I can only imaging the problems and complaints on that now. Will people even know about it before it's too late? I bet it takes a lot longer for tickets to sell out (if at all).
2. I'm a little confused over the you are only allowed to buy 1 ticket per day thing. Are they being literal, meaning 1 Thursday, 1 Friday, 1 Saturday, 1 Sunday or do they mean I can buy 1 (of my 4 per person) per day until i reach said 4? I assume that we will have to put member id's into the system when we are buying the badges.

Oh, one last thing... I bet all those people on STUB HUB are running for the hills now... oops.

Offline smurph1125

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2016, 10:21:29 AM »

2. I'm a little confused over the you are only allowed to buy 1 ticket per day thing. Are they being literal, meaning 1 Thursday, 1 Friday, 1 Saturday, 1 Sunday or do they mean I can buy 1 (of my 4 per person) per day until i reach said 4? I assume that we will have to put member id's into the system when we are buying the badges.

They're being literal. 

"Each Fan has the opportunity to purchase a maximum of four (4) Tickets per type and twelve (12) Tickets in total. Remember: Each Ticket must be tied to a person who filled out a Fan Verification profile and there is a limit of one Ticket per person per day."
NYCC: 2014, 2015, WW Philly 2015, ACBC 2015, Great Philadelphia CC 2015

Offline sirjinx

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2016, 10:25:22 AM »
Well, it's unfortunate, but I still plan to go. Really looking forward to catching up with a long time friend that i haven't seen in years. However, being a Floridian (lived here over 13 years now) my blood is thin and I would not want to camp out on the cold sidewalks of NYC in October.

Damn all those complainers... I bet they feel bad about it now.

I do like the membership idea, although 2 points on that...

1. They are giving people about 6 weeks to sign up. It takes people years to sign up for a SDCC membership... I can only imaging the problems and complaints on that now. Will people even know about it before it's too late? I bet it takes a lot longer for tickets to sell out (if at all).

Oh, one last thing... I bet all those people on STUB HUB are running for the hills now... oops.

You make a good point. The casual comic con attendee will 100% miss the June 20th deadline to sign up. And correct me if I am wrong, if you don't sign up you can't buy a ticket after the deadline. This will definitely effect the speed tickets sell out and like you said, if they even do at all.

Offline smurph1125

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2016, 10:27:11 AM »
Think they'll jack up the price of the passes now?
NYCC: 2014, 2015, WW Philly 2015, ACBC 2015, Great Philadelphia CC 2015

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2016, 10:31:27 AM »

Fan Verification will open on May 20 at 12:00 PM EDT and close on June 13 at 11:59 PM EDT.

i'm counting abt 3ish weeks--- but i've been known to have problems with Dates.... LOL.... do not rely on me

given teh 13 is a monday and they've promised 48 hrs notice, and they traditionally do sales during the week we can assume the earliest we're looking at for the actual sale is Wed the 15th
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2016, 10:31:47 AM »
Think they'll jack up the price of the passes now?

I think so. They need to get the money from somewhere and if there is no VIP then they need to raise the regular [passes to cover it.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2016, 10:32:56 AM »
I think so. They need to get the money from somewhere and if there is no VIP then they need to raise the regular [passes to cover it.

i'm guessing betwee $125-$150 for a 4 day

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2016, 10:34:12 AM »
I am looking at this as a sincere effort by ReedPop for a unique setting such as NYC. I do think that many fans will not hear of this and they will be too late.  I look at the SDCC Facebook page where there are still people who did not know about their Member ID process, which has been in place for years now.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2016, 10:36:47 AM »

i'm counting abt 3ish weeks--- but i've been known to have problems with Dates.... LOL.... do not rely on me

given teh 13 is a monday and they've promised 48 hrs notice, and they traditionally do sales during the week we can assume the earliest we're looking at for the actual sale is Wed the 15th

I'm thinking it will be the week after, once they shut it down then verify no duplicates.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2016, 10:38:34 AM »
You make a good point. The casual comic con attendee will 100% miss the June 20th deadline to sign up. And correct me if I am wrong, if you don't sign up you can't buy a ticket after the deadline. This will definitely effect the speed tickets sell out and like you said, if they even do at all.

i'm not sure this will be the case-  while i'm sure there will be some who don't create a profile, I'm actually thinking this will up the 'frantic-ness' by the other attendee's.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2016, 10:39:51 AM »

image from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login added for emphasis

NYCC Fans,

Each year when we take over the Javits Center in October, we have one priority in mind: you, the NYCC Fans. We don’t run NYCC year after year because we love hanging out by the Hudson or we need to reach our step goal in October, we do this because we want to provide the experience of a lifetime to everyone who attends NYCC each year.

With that in mind, we want the Ticket buying experience to be as smooth and fair as possible. And while supply and demand still means that some Fans who want to attend New York Comic Con might not get Tickets or might not get the Ticket type that they want, it’s our mission to eliminate (let’s be honest — the goal is to completely annihilate) the amount of scalpers and resellers who end up with Tickets. So this year NYCC will be changing the way Tickets are sold and requiring Fan Verification.

What does Fan Verification mean? It means we are requiring anyone interested in attending NYCC to fill out a profile between May 20 and June 13. We recognize that this is an extra step before buying your Tickets and requires more commitment from you, but we also know that as true Fans of the Show, you won’t mind making it tough for the supervillains out there. It means you guys have to do a bit more work to get your Ticket, but it will help make sure NYCC Tickets get into the hands of Fans. We truly thank you for your maximum effort (as our favorite merc with the mouth would say).

This is being done with you in mind and the hope that more of you will get the opportunity to experience NYCC. Below you will find full details of the changes that are being made to the NYCC Ticketing process along with other important NYCC Show news.

Fan Verification is required for every individual who would like to attend NYCC 2016. Read more
All NYCC Ticket types will go on sale at the same time. Read more
NYCC will no longer be selling VIP Tickets. Read more
NYCC 2016 Tickets will only be sold online through the NYCC Ticket website. Tickets will not be on sale at retailers or any events leading up to NYCC 2016. Read more
All Verified Fans will be notified via email 48 hours prior to NYCC Tickets going on sale. This email will include a unique link where you will be able to purchase Tickets (first-come, first-served) when they go on sale. Read more
NYCC Tickets will still be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Fan Verification does not guarantee NYCC Tickets or the type of Ticket you want. Read more
Take your time and fill out your Fan Verification profile completely. Don’t rush through it. When you fill out your profile has no effect on when you can purchase NYCC Tickets. Read more
Each NYCC Ticket must be individually assigned to someone who created a Fan Verification profile. You can buy more than one Ticket, but there is a limit of one Ticket per person per day. If your friend or family member did not fill out a Fan Verification profile, you will not be able to purchase their Ticket. Read more
We will be rolling New York Super Week into our new series NYCC Presents, continuing our tradition of expanding New York Comic Con content into the City. Read more
Whew! We know that’s a lot to take in, but we hope this clarifies the new NYCC Ticket buying process and updates surrounding the Show. Our goal is that Fan Verification will smash scalpers and resellers (Hulk style) while providing you with the smoothest Ticket buying experience possible. We truly want to make this year better than the last and we are confident that these new changes are steps in the right direction.

Thank you for your commitment and passion for the Show and willingness to take these extra steps to help us get more Tickets into your hands. We’re looking forward to giving you even more amazing content to experience with us and can’t wait to reveal more of what we’ve been working on for you. NYCC 2016 is going to be our best Show yet and it’s all going to start with Fan Verification improving the Ticket buying process for you.

We hope to see you in October so we can reach our step goals together (kidding… sort of). If you have any questions please reach out to our team via email.

Stay nerdy,
Lance Fensterman

Lance Fensterman

add text from FAQS

Frequently Asked Questions

Fan Verification

Why is NYCC changing the Ticket buying process?

Our mission is to eliminate the amount of scalpers and resellers who end up with NYCC Tickets and get those Tickets directly into the hands of our Fans. We believe required Fan Verification will help accomplish this goal.

What is Fan Verification?

Fan Verification is a new mandatory process for any Fan interested in attending NYCC 2016, whether you plan to buy your Ticket yourself or someone plans to buy your Ticket for you. When Fan Verification opens, you will fill out a profile and the name and email you use in your profile is what will give you the opportunity to purchase NYCC 2016 Tickets when they go on sale. Keep reading these FAQs for further details!

Through this Fan Verification process, any known scalpers and resellers as well as anyone who shows signs of supervillain activity (creating false emails, creating multiple profiles, etc.) will not be verified and will be unable to purchase NYCC Tickets. You can only fill out one Fan Verification profile per email address and each Fan can only have one profile.

Who needs to fill out a Fan Verification profile for NYCC 2016 Tickets?

All Fans (13 years of age at the time of NYCC and older) who hope to attend NYCC 2016 must fill out a Fan Verification profile. You will not be able to purchase a Ticket or have one purchased for you if you have not created a Fan Verification profile.

If you do not fill out a Fan Verification profile, you will not have the opportunity to buy NYCC Tickets and you will not be able to have someone who has been Fan Verified to buy Tickets for you.

Make sure to gather your friends, family, neighbors, dogs and cats (just kidding on those last two) and make sure everyone fills out a profile during the Fan Verification timeframe.

The only Fans who do not need to be Fan Verified are kids who will be ages 6-12 at the time of NYCC 2016 and will be using a NYCC 2016 Adult Ticket or a Sunday Kids Ticket. Kids Tickets will be available for purchase during the Ticket on-sale time. Kids 5 and under will be admitted for free to NYCC and no Ticket is required. Please read the full process about the NYCC Tickets for Kids.

Does filling out the Fan Verification profile mean I’m automatically Fan Verified?

For the most part, yes. Once you complete your Fan Verification profile, you’ll receive a confirmation email and you’re all set!

You’ll hear from us if your account has been cancelled or if we have questions about your profile.

When does Fan Verification open and how long is it open for?

Fan Verification will open on May 20 at 12:00 PM EDT and close on June 13 at 11:59 PM EDT.

Does Fan Verification guarantee NYCC 2016 Tickets?

No, it does not guarantee NYCC Tickets or that you will get the NYCC Ticket type that you want, but it does give the opportunity to buy Tickets as long as you fill out a Fan Verification profile by June 13. NYCC Tickets will still be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

If I fill out a Fan Verification profile immediately, do I have a better chance at buying NYCC Tickets?

No. We strongly recommend taking your time as you fill out your Fan Verification profile. If your profile is not complete, it will be cancelled. You have almost a full month to fill it out completely and correctly. Trying to fill out your Fan Verification profile like The Flash will not increase your chances of purchasing NYCC 2016 Tickets.

Should I create more than one Fan Verification profile?

Absolutely not. You can only fill out one Fan Verification profile per email address and each Fan can only have one profile.

Anyone who is identified as having multiple Fan Verification profiles or as a known reseller will have their Fan Verification voided and will not have the opportunity to purchase NYCC Tickets.

What if I want to buy a Ticket for my friend and they haven’t filled out a Fan Verification profile?

You can’t. That’s why it’s so important to make sure all your friends and family who want to go to the Show fill out their Fan Verification profile before the deadline!

I anticipate needing Medical Assistance onsite. Does my companion need a NYCC Badge and a Fan Verification profile?

Yes, please make sure anyone assisting you onsite fills out a Fan Verification profile. They must have a NYCC Badge in order to attend the Show with you and they can only get one through Fan Verification.

NYCC Tickets On-Sale

When are NYCC Tickets going on sale and how do I buy them?

If you filled out a Fan Verification profile, you will receive a unique link to purchase NYCC Tickets in your inbox approximately 48 hours before NYCC Tickets go on sale. Tickets will still be sold on a first-come, first-served basis at the on-sale time.

We will not be announcing the on-sale date prior to 48 hours before Tickets sales are live.

Once Fan Verification closes, continue to follow the NYCC channels for updates and be sure to check your inbox for more details.

What NYCC Ticket types are being sold this year?

4-Day, 3-Day, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Sunday Kids Tickets will be available this year.

NYCC will no longer sell VIP Tickets. In the spirit of having a more equitable experience for all Fans, we have removed NYCC VIP Tickets. All Fans will now have the same level of access to NYCC.

Are all NYCC 2016 Ticket types going on sale at the same time?

Yes! This is similar to last year.

How many NYCC Tickets can I buy?

Each Fan has the opportunity to purchase a maximum of four (4) Tickets per type and twelve (12) Tickets in total. Remember: Each Ticket must be tied to a person who filled out a Fan Verification profile and there is a limit of one Ticket per person per day.

Will NYCC Tickets be sold at retailers?

No, NYCC 2016 Tickets will only be sold online. NYCC Tickets will not be on sale at retailers or any events leading up to NYCC 2016. Fan Verification and purchasing Tickets online through the NYCC Ticket website is the only opportunity to buy NYCC Tickets.

Can I share my unique link with my friends who also want to buy Tickets?

Do not share your link with your friends — even if they’re your besties. There is a one transaction limit per link. Once the transaction using that link is complete, the link will expire.

Assigning NYCC Tickets to an Individual

How do I individually assign my friends and family to each Ticket I buy?

You must include the email address used in Fan Verification to assign each individual Ticket. Each person must be Fan Verified and there is a limit of one Ticket per person per day. If your friend or family member did not fill out a Fan Verification profile, you will not be able to purchase their Ticket.

For example, if Pierce is buying 3-Day Tickets for himself and Sophia, plus a Friday and Saturday Ticket for Drake, he must add the email that Sophia and Drake used when they filled out their Fan Verification profile and assign himself and Sophia to the 3-Day Tickets and Drake to the Friday and Saturday Tickets.

Since kids 6-12 don’t need to fill out a Fan Verification profile, how do I assign a kid to their Ticket(s)?

As you are filling out your Fan Verification profile, you will be asked if you would like the opportunity to buy Tickets for kids 6-12, whether you’re purchasing an Adult Ticket any days of NYCC or a Sunday Kids Ticket. (Kids Tickets for kids 6-12 are only available on Sunday. All other days of NYCC require a regular priced Adult Ticket for kids ages 6-12). When you have the opportunity to purchase Tickets at the on-sale time, it will be noted in your profile that you may be purchasing one or more of those Tickets for a kid ages 6-12. You will then be able to assign a kid to that Ticket by clicking the checkbox under the email field.

Any NYCC Tickets assigned to kids will only be valid for kids ages 6-12 at the time of NYCC. This will be noted in their NYCC Badge RFID chip as the kid taps in and out of NYCC. If a NYCC Badge assigned to a kid is used for anyone over the age of 12 at the time of NYCC, the wearer will be removed from NYCC without a refund and the wearer and buyer will be unable to purchase Tickets to any future NYCC or ReedPOP events. Be prepared to show proof of age onsite.

Kids ages 5 years old and younger do not need a Ticket and get into NYCC for free.

How long do I have to assign my friends and family to the Tickets I buy for them?

You have 14 days (14 actual days, not business days) to assign your friends and family to their Ticket.

What if there’s a typo in the name or email address I use when I assign my friends and family to their Ticket?

If during the check-out process there was a typo in the email address or name entered, you have 14 days (14 actual days, not business days) to correct the error after purchase.

Can I transfer my Ticket to someone else after I buy it and assign it to myself or a friend/family member?

No. NYCC Tickets are non-transferrable. They are also non-upgradeable, non-refundable and non-resellable. They are yours to have and to hold until the Show is over.

NYCC Presents and NYCC Badge Access

Does my NYCC Badge get me into Panels at the Hammerstein Ballroom again this year?

Yes! Your NYCC Badge gets you into all day time Panels at both the Hammerstein Ballroom and our new venue Hudson Mercantile during the day on a first-come, first-served basis. You must have a NYCC Badge valid for the day of the events. This does not include nighttime NYCC Presents events where a separate Ticket is required.

What’s NYCC Presents?

Moving into 2016, we will be rolling New York Super Week into our new series NYCC Presents, continuing our tradition of expanding New York Comic Con content throughout the City. NYCC Presents will include tons of great evening events at multiple venues throughout the City and Brooklyn. These events will require a separate Ticket.

Does my NYCC Badge get me into NYCC Presents events?

No, each NYCC Presents event requires a separately purchased Ticket.

Other Useful Info

Why haven’t I received any emails from NYCC?

If you are not receiving emails from NYCC, it’s because you may be on our opt-out list for NYCC or one of our other ReedPOP Shows. To add yourself back onto our email list, please email [email protected].

I have questions that weren’t answered here. Who do I contact?

For any other questions, please email [email protected].

perhaps we need an NYCC Posts and Announcements thread?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:58:34 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
    • FoCC Blog Articles - mlgagne
  • Liked: 882
« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2016, 10:42:29 AM »

I'm thinking it will be the week after, once they shut it down then verify no duplicates.

I've counted 4 weeks and 3 days for the verification process  ;D

But yeah, I'm thinking that 6/15 is the earliest sale date, but we're more likely looking at a late June sale date for the week of 6/20. SDCC generally needs time to process all of the member IDs beforehand, so it'll probably be a similar system here (especially considering the fact that this is totally new for NYCC).
SDCC: 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
WonderCon: 2017 | 2018 | 2019
NYCC: 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Walker Stalker Con: 2015 (San Diego) | 2017 (Atlanta)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2016, 10:43:31 AM »
thx for posting the text for cross ref'ing if changes are made [member=1732]SamTurtledove[/member]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:48:45 AM by alyssa »