Author Topic: Fan Panels  (Read 6283 times)

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
Fan Panels
« on: May 11, 2022, 11:20:59 AM »
Fan Panels

I have seen some wonderful posts about fan panel submissions for this year.  I have submitted for a couple and thought it might be cool to have a place to talk about fan panels.  We could announce them and chat about them. 

I have dropped in on a few that have become faves.  One is the Fans of Little Lulu.  I went to it because it was just before a Stargate panel I was hosting, and as it turned out, I had a fab time.

This time around, I submitted 2 fan panel proposals:

Manifest  - a celebration of the fan effort that helped bring the show back for a final season!

Geeks in Heaven - a place where we can celebrate loved ones surrounded by the support of our SDCC family and friends. This came about from my personal experience getting tremendous support upon the passing of my son just before SDCC would have happened in 2020.

Love to hear about others!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 12:41:26 PM by marcia29 »
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline dville

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 66
Re: Fan Panels
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 11:47:01 AM »
I would love to see a tribute to the shows that were cancelled during covid that probably would have been at Comic Con.  The ones we didn't get to say goodbye to.
If stupidity got us in this mess, then why can't it get us out?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:06:42 AM »

Offline JKingoftheNerds

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 145
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 12:22:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I would love to see a tribute to the shows that were cancelled during covid that probably would have been at Comic Con.  The ones we didn't get to say goodbye to.

Did someone say Y: The Last Man? Y/y?

Seriously though, I was devastated to learn that we’d never get any resolution for the end of season 1.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 12:37:36 PM »
Did someone say Y: The Last Man? Y/y?

Seriously though, I was devastated to learn that we’d never get any resolution for the end of season 1.

Agreed! We need a season 2 or even a wrap up movie!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline JKingoftheNerds

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 145
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2022, 12:41:47 PM »
Agreed! We need a season 2 or even a wrap up movie!

100%. I’d even settle for a web series at this point lol. Just give me something 🙏

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 179
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 03:16:47 PM »
Great panel submissions You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - I think either would bring a lot of good content/value to the convention  :)

I applied for Podcasting 101, Game of Thrones/House of The Dragon fan panel, and The Orville fan panel.
I think the first two have the best chance as I have done them before at SDCC and SDCC based on my experience is very careful with what it accepts so that will help - it may be easier to renew something I think than to get something new approved the first time.

However, given the timing of The Orville season 3 and other content that has been at SDCC before and the growing fan base, I am really hoping The Orville panel will be approved as I think it will be a lot of fun. I use the same kind of style for my panels too, including using PowerPoint and trivia questions for the audience that mix with the ongoing discussion of the panelists, so I will be working on preparing some Orville trivia questions if the panel gets approved.

I applied for two other panels that are more longshots and niche ideas, but I will share here if they are approved (once I am allowed to share).

Just a note to be very careful about the rules when it comes to revealing your panel if it is approved. If your panel is approved there will be an email that explains exactly what you can reveal publicly at that time and what can be revealed later. Usually you can reveal the panel name but have to wait on the location, time, and day. Just make sure to follow the rules articulated in the email as you would not want to violate that via a post here or elsewhere.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 03:19:01 PM by darqamin »

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2022, 03:27:09 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Thank you so much for your experience, encouragement, and advice! Love your panel ideas and the ones you have already done. I look forward to attending in person! I am usually terrible at trivia, yet I do have fun with it. 

I am hoping all get greenlit. You will be a busy person at con.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2022, 05:20:43 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login I am really hoping for your Orville panel! Just saw the first episode of season 3. Yay! We have so much to talk about!

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2022, 05:53:30 AM »
I am super excited to be confirmed  to host a panel at SDCC this July!  Info not to be disclosed yet...but...stay tuned! Woohoo!  :D

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2022, 08:01:41 PM »
I am super excited to be confirmed  to host a panel at SDCC this July!  Info not to be disclosed yet...but...stay tuned! Woohoo!  :D

Congrats!

I believe you can announce what it is, just not the location, time, or date. That's why it says in my info guide which matches the wording in past years but if you want to wait a few days to be safe that's OK.

I got approved for Podcasting 101 and a Game of Thrones/House of the Dragon fan panel  :) I can't complain getting 2 panels but I look forward to them, but I still feel it would have been ideal for SDCC if they approved The Orville fan panel given the timing of season 3 and fan interest in the series.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2022, 07:40:04 AM »
Congrats!

I believe you can announce what it is, just not the location, time, or date. That's why it says in my info guide which matches the wording in past years but if you want to wait a few days to be safe that's OK.

I got approved for Podcasting 101 and a Game of Thrones/House of the Dragon fan panel  :) I can't complain getting 2 panels but I look forward to them, but I still feel it would have been ideal for SDCC if they approved The Orville fan panel given the timing of season 3 and fan interest in the series.

Thank you!  Congratulations to you on 2 panels!!   Wow.  I sure was looking for the Orville fan panel, too.  Darn.  The show has such a growing fandom. 

My panel is the Manifest Fan Panel.  Reading through all the materials.  Very exciting.  Reckon I will gear up to announce.

Offline ThePuffyTaco

• Freebie Table
  • Victor Lopez thanks you!
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2022, 09:28:45 AM »
Congrats everyone on your panels and I hope to be able to check most out this year!

In another thread I mentioned that a dream would be to do a Star Trek Radio Theatre at Comic Con for a panel. I discussed with the team over the weekend and they showed great enthusiasm. So we will submit for next year - are there any guides or places for advice to best prep for such a submission?

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2022, 05:51:25 PM »
Congrats everyone on your panels and I hope to be able to check most out this year!

In another thread I mentioned that a dream would be to do a Star Trek Radio Theatre at Comic Con for a panel. I discussed with the team over the weekend and they showed great enthusiasm. So we will submit for next year - are there any guides or places for advice to best prep for such a submission?

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

I have been to several radio theatre productions at cons and I love them!  I encourage you to submit for next year, for sure.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2022, 11:51:58 AM »
I made this announcement graphic for my Manifest fan panel.  Very excited!

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2022, 07:07:55 AM »
How did your panel go You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ?

We had a good experience with both panels. Mark Rosewater actually attending our Podcasting 101 panel for any Magic TG fans out there and he asked some good questions. We had good audience participation for both panels and a decent turnout for being so far away from the main convention centre (at the SD library). The room itself (Neil Morgan Auditorium) is always world class with an excellent screen and space.