Author Topic: NYCC Exclusives, Limited Editions & other Vendors  (Read 96019 times)

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
NYCC Exclusives, Limited Editions & other Vendors
« on: June 19, 2013, 06:33:22 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is the link to the NYCC Store Exclusives

The Exhibitor Exclusives link will be updated when available

Post Here as exclusives get announced and feel free to discuss them  ;D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 06:28:51 AM by alyssa »
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: Exclusives and Limited Editions
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 06:35:27 PM »
if i don't score the hallmark ornaments @SDCC i may pester someone to pick me up the USS Kelvin--- it's on my short list of 'must haves'
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: NYCC Exclusives, Limited Editions & other Vendors
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:57:11 AM »

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 06:41:31 PM »
that should be doable. I don't think hallmark sold out of their allotment of ornaments last year, though I do recall them selling out the year before. But if someone wee gunning for them for you it is obtainable

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 07:15:44 PM »
I personally want NYCC Pong kit. Mainly for the bag   O:-)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 07:54:08 PM »
just as a matter of record;

Three ornament designs will be sold in limited quantities at Comic-Con International, to be held July 18-21 in San Diego, Calif., and at New York Comic Con, set for October 10-13 in New York City:

Wrath of the Rancorâ„¢ — Created especially for event sales, this ornament captures Luke Skywalker’s struggle with the savage creature dwelling below Jabba the Hutt’s palace as seen in Star Wars: Return of the Jediâ„¢.

Man of Steel — Inspired by this summer’s big-screen adventure of the same name, Superman is the subject of this event-exclusive Keepsake Ornament. Details and images of this ornament will be announced later this year.

U.S.S. Kelvinâ„¢ — As featured in the 2009 Star Trek movie, this Federation starship exclusive is a “battle-scarred” variant of the same Keepsake Ornament available starting in July in Hallmark Gold Crown® stores.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
Re: NYCC Exclusives and Limited Editions
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 06:26:42 AM »
this came across my alerts today, not an exclusive but might be of interest to folks

Six years ago, Phil Barbato sewed a small, plush "whiskerbear" stuffed animal and put it behind him when taking a photograph during a beard-growing event.
Each participant -- Barbato said most of them were photographers and graphic designers -- was posting a photo online every day. Several of them liked Barbato's whiskerbear.
So he sewed another one, and the next day, there were two bears in his photo.
"Each day I would build a new one and put them in funny costumes or situations for my photo," Barbato said. "People in the beard group started asking to buy customized ones for their own photos."
At the time, Barbato had just returned from his honeymoon. During that trip he and his new wife, Meghan, had talked about Phil cutting back on his corporate job and trying to make a living doing something creative.
"As a creative you have to pick one medium and get really good at it," Phil said. "So I put all my eggs into the plush basket."
Now the business is growing as the Barbatos prepare for an October return to New York Comic Con, a massive trade show devoted to science fiction and fantasy movies, television and books. Meghan said craft shows and conventions have become the leading spot for sales of Phil's growing collection of stuffed bears, yaks and octopi.
Last week the business became one of the first in Richmond to receive a crowdfunded loan through Kiva, a non-profit that recently launched a local operation and helps connect businesses with small lenders.
The Barbatos asked for an interest-free loan of $5,000, posting their request on Monday. They had the full amount by Friday and are using the funds to build inventory and hire some temporary help in the run-up to Comic Con. The loan was funded by 75 donors whose funds were matched by Capital One.
The couple does all of the cutting, sewing, stuffing and shipping out of a spare room in their north Richmond home.
"I design and sew, while Meghan traces, cuts and stuffs them and does all of the business side of things," Phil said.
Though they have two years to repay the loan, Phil said they hope sales at Comic Con will be strong enough that they can repay the entire loan this winter and then take out their second loan through Kiva, which could be up to $10,000.
"That next level might allow us to do a short run of mass production," Phil said.
Meghan said the business will eventually need to change how it operates if it wants to keep growing.
"There's a limit on how many dolls Phil can produce by hand and how many people will pay a handmade price," she said.

Offline MissyC

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 07:06:23 AM »
Love the Star Wars one!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 06:38:09 PM »
Lego;
I gotta think the for sale item will be the same as they sold at sdcc

since there were 4 mini figs at sdcc & 4 days of con.
only 3 days of nycc- so maybe different figures?

they also had different figures at nycc then at sdcc.
Question is will they print 200 (like at sdcc) or 1000 like prior runs(green lantern, batman etc)

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 06:45:01 PM »
I think there will be different Lego sets assuming Lego is again at NYCC. Last year they had a different Tin at SDCC (Darth Maul) and at NYCC (Luke) also if they were shared I would assume it would be like Hallmark that actually says on the packaging it will be a shared exclusive. The back of the Legos Just say Congrats on snagging the SDCC exclusive.

As to the minifigs. I think there will be 4 also. First I don't think Thursday is billed as preview day any longer. Last year it was but this year they dropped that moniker everywhere and began selling Thursday only tickets. I think they may eventually want to expand and make Wed the preview night, but that is just my opinion. But back to the topic at hand. Other years there were 4 minfigs so I think you'll get 4 minifgs at NYCC. Again all assuming Lego shows up. Also technically there were 5 lego minifigs, and Azog was his name O

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 04:45:37 AM »
just putting it out there, if anyone gets a mini fig & is interested in selling it - i'm interested in buying it....<grin>

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 12:53:24 AM »

"Dr. Evil Coffin Box

New York, N.Y. (August 15, 2013) —Captain Action Enterprises announces a New York Comic Con exclusive: Dr. Evil in retro style “coffin box”.   Harkening back to the sixties, these so-called coffin boxes were the standard form of packaging in an age before blister packs.   Additionally, this retro-style packaging shows the insidious costume sets for Dr. Evil; Thor’s evil-half brother Loki and the upcoming costume sets as well The Joker, The Red Skull and Brainiac.

The Dr. Evil NYCC Exclusive comes complete with figure, costume, additional face mask , alien ray gun, hypno medallion and three interchangeable brains. Also included will be three collectible trading cards featuring characters from the Captain Action universe."

Offline BigJoe

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 04:49:12 PM »
And it begins...  Starts with Dr. Evil and shall end with an avalanche of goodies  ;D   Also Last year they did Legos all 4 days. Krang day 1 and turtles day 2-4.  It was done with lottery tickets handed out and they posted the winning numbers.  Could change with the RFID chips, but I doubt it this year since names are not automatically attached. 

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 05:49:19 PM »
I thought they gave Krang away at the lego store if you showed up in tmnt costume

Offline BigJoe

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2013, 04:03:18 PM »
They  have done that as well.  I know on Thursday they gave some out to the raffle winners.  Really hoping they use the same lottery this year for the giveaway.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 08:30:36 AM »

Mezco Presents Deluxe Breaking Bad Walter White In Green Hazmat Suit

New York- Mezco presents Breaking Bad Walter White Green Hazmat Suit Edition, this much anticipated figure features Walter in his green suit as seen in the episode A No Rough Stuff Type Deal.

He comes complete with a fifty-five gallon chemical drum (not shown) and a trio of lab bottles.
The whole set is discreetly packaged in a collector-friendly window box package. This Mezco Summer Exclusive is a Limited Edition of 500 pieces and is available online at

as well as at New York Comic Con, October 10-13.

Supplies are limited, so tread lightly!