Author Topic: Confirmed Artists Appearing at SDCC 2013  (Read 20843 times)

Offline Baron

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
Confirmed Artists Appearing at SDCC 2013
« on: June 17, 2013, 02:19:03 PM »
Apart from the artists below listed on the CCI website, anyone have a head's up on artists that are confirmed for CC? Always bummed that Artist's Alley/Exhibitor lists aren't posted until just a couple weeks before the event.

Would like as much time ahead as possible to line up my batch of comics and save up $$ for sketches!

• Sergio Aragonés
  • Tom Batiuk
  • Jon Bogdanove
  • Frank Brunner
  • Denys B.Cowan
  • Jeromy Cox
  • Jose Delbo
  • Gary Frank
  • Russ Heath
  • Adam Hughes
  • Georges Jeanty
  • Dan Jurgens
  • Sam Kieth
  • Jim Lee
  • Val Mayerik
  • Dave McKean
  • Terry Moore
  • Mike Norton
  • Jerry Ordway
  • Dan Parent
  • George Pérez
  • Fred Perry
  • Wendy and Richard Pini
  • John Romita Jr.
  • Chris Samnee
  • Scott Shaw
  • Jeff Smith
  • Romeo Tanghal Sr.
  • Bruce Timm
  • J. H. Williams III
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 10:06:31 AM by Baron »

Offline CptMyCpt24

• Hall H
  • myth of the chupacabra is just that - utter crap
  • Liked: 115
Re: Confirmed Artists Appearing at SDCC 2013
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 03:41:32 PM »
Amy Mebberson Tweeted about taking commissions for SDCC.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 04:39:32 PM by CptMyCpt24 »
SDCC: 2011-2014, 2016-2019, 2022-| ECCC: 2015-2018, 2021 | WonderCon: ? | DragonCon: ? | NYCC: ?

Zim: Ummm, is it supposed to be stupid?
Tallest Purple: It's not stupid; [sarcastically] it's advanced!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:34:06 PM »

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 03:59:48 PM »
Joel Gomez @J0ELG
Otis Frampton @otisframpton

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 04:37:08 PM »
Are we focusing only on AA? Or any artist who will be there?  If its the former, I'm pretty sure they list out the AA earlier than a couple of weeks before the con.  If its the latter, there will be hundreds of names to parse through, but we can try to keep them all organized.  So here goes my attempts.

Besides Mebberson, Andy Price, Katie Cook and Tony Fleecs (All MLP comic artists) have stated they will be there.

James Silvani (Darkwing Duck) is also taking commissions.

When I get home, I will provide links to their confirmations (I recommend going forward that be done so if anyone is interested, they can contact artists to do pre-convention sketch orders).  There are also dozens of artists I can think of the top of my head who will likely be there, although I have no proof (most big named DC and Marvel artists usually show up as well as perennials like Stan Sakai (Usagi Yojimbo), Greg Evans (Luann), etc).

Edit:  Here's Andy Price: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Katie Price: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  (Has Comic Con listed as one of her upcoming cons)
Tony Fleecs: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
James Silvani: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:38:23 PM by Vapors »

Offline Bert Su

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 12:32:48 AM »
I have no doubt Livio Ramodelli will show up.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to my YouTube channel for Transformers reviews

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 04:44:56 AM »
i believe Rob Liefeld will be there too
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 08:00:30 AM »
>Sigh!<  Chris Bachalo never seems to do convention appearances.  Kenneth Rocafort would be cool to see as well.

Offline Baron

• Freebie Table
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 10:10:03 AM »
Adding confirmed artists at AA and also they're taking commissions prior to SDCC as well.

• Mike Choi
  • Eric Canete
  • Dave Johnson
  • Matteo Scalera
  • Andrew Robinson
  • Marjorie Liu

Feel free to add in artists in AA as well as the small press booths. I know that I missed out on some awesome artists since they were listed under their Studio's name which I have no clue about.

Also some artists/writers sign at specific booths as guests so they're not announced on the SDCC lists at all. Writer Marjorie Liu announced she'll be at SDCC signing at one of her publisher's booths.

Offline theresamather

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 34
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 12:24:56 PM »
I'm moving from AA to a dealer table across the hall this year, table c-05 at the back of hall A. I can see the list for AA, small press and exhibit areas in the password protected exhibitor portal but I can't repost  since it's not officially public yet. But if you want to ask me if a specific artist will be there according to the current lists I could check for you.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 12:29:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm moving from AA to a dealer table across the hall this year, table c-05 at the back of hall A. I can see the list for AA, small press and exhibit areas in the password protected exhibitor portal but I can't repost  since it's not officially public yet. But if you want to ask me if a specific artist will be there according to the current lists I could check for you.

I didn't realize you were an artist! Are you just taking commissions or will you be selling anything specific at your booth?

Offline theresamather

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 12:38:11 PM »
My schedule is too tight to do commission work right now, unfortunately. If I try to draw at the con I start blabbing with people and don't get anything done. You can see my stuff at rockfeatherscissors.com  I'll have a bunch of prints and originals at my table and the art show, also Offworld Designs carries some T shirts by me, they have 2 booths usually.  Oddly, you can also see my work down the street from the con on the antique carousel at Seaport Village, I did all the paintings around the middle, it was my first big professional job. ;)

This is my newest Offworld shirt: More cartoony than normal for me, but it's a very personal piece that comes from the heart, hehehe.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:41:32 PM by theresamather »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 12:50:54 PM »
My schedule is too tight to do commission work right now, unfortunately. If I try to draw at the con I start blabbing with people and don't get anything done. You can see my stuff at rockfeatherscissors.com  I'll have a bunch of prints and originals at my table and the art show, also Offworld Designs carries some T shirts by me, they have 2 booths usually.  Oddly, you can also see my work down the street from the con on the antique carousel at Seaport Village, I did all the paintings around the middle, it was my first big professional job. ;)

This is my newest Offworld shirt: More cartoony than normal for me, but it's a very personal piece that comes from the heart, hehehe.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

LOL, I love that shirt! I will be sure to check out your booth during the Con!

And how cool that you painted the carousel! That must have been very fulfilling, knowing that so many people would enjoy your work, for years to come.

Offline theresamather

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 01:06:47 PM »
Thanks! :)

The carousel work was rewarding but there's only so much of it that needed doing, I did the paintings around the top and middle of the one at Santa Barbara's Chase Palm Park and a few others as well.

Mostly I show my work at con art shows, plus a few ren faires and an art fair or two.

Yzrfan

Confirmed Artists Appearing at SDCC 2013
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 08:14:34 PM »
Just saw Noah will be at booth 1419. He's the new artist for Disney.

Offline Baron

• Freebie Table
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2013, 03:20:16 PM »

Do you know if Phil Noto is listed?