Author Topic: NYCC: Autograph Raffle Sessions  (Read 9295 times)

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
NYCC: Autograph Raffle Sessions
« on: October 17, 2013, 07:03:21 AM »
What did everyone think?

I attended The Following and was a little disappointed by how things were handled. I know it was a long line and in the main autograph area but you barely had anytime to talk to them. By the time I was 1/2 down the table, the security (?) guy basically  just told me to take one of the signed posters and move along.

I know Teen Wolf was held in a room. I actually ended up giving that to a friend so she could get something signed by a friend who's a huge fan but has medical issues and actually had to leave the Con or something like that. I made her day though and that was worth it.

Offline zammap

• Exhibit Hall
    • www.zammap.com
  • Liked: 3
Re: NYCC: Autograph Raffle Sessions
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 07:58:28 AM »
I didn't feel rushed in the Robot chicken room. I got to take pictures of all four of them and they got to take pictures of me. the line was long but I made sure to get there early.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:05:10 AM »

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 07:59:26 AM »
I wonder how they decided which signings were held in rooms and which weren't? 

Offline Crow4ever

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 08:01:26 AM »
The Person of Interest was handled the same way.  I get that for the bigger shows and  higher profile casts they wouldn't want to have the signings done in a separate room - it would be a mob and too chaotic.  But the thing I really didn't get was getting shuffled through the line, watching them sign your mini poster, then handing you a pre-signed one to take from a stack at the end.  What was wrong with the one they were signing right in front of you?  The whole thing felt completely impersonal enough, and that little detail just made it all seem completely pointless. 

I didn't expect to be in a room with a cast and 100 other fans mingling and hanging out with the cast.  But I also didn't expect to feel like cattle being ushered through the gate and back out into the field.  Barely got one good pic off and it was only of 3 of the 6 cast members sitting there before I was barked at to put my camera away and move along.  Glad I have a poster with signatures of the cast but it barely feels any different than winning a pre-signed photo and having it sent to me in the mail.

I see the photos taken by people from the Robot Chicken and Venture Bros. signings and I'm jealous... which seems very backwards.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 08:07:18 AM »
I actually think putting higher profile signings in a room would be BETTER for everyone. The only people who would know about it would most likely be the people with the signing tickets. I know an issue I saw were people trying to come up the side aisle (the one we would go down after the signing) to take photos. I don't think it's a huge issue but when you start getting a few people standing there, then it's an issue. I saw someone arguing with a staff member how some people were being told it was OK to do and others were being told to move along.

Offline RTFirefly

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 35
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 08:14:47 AM »
I was in The Following line and it was definitely rushed.  I talked to a few people after the signing and some people did not have all of the signatures on their posters.

I was also lucky enough to get the Sleepy Hollow signing as well and that worked out much better (my girlfriend and I got down to the autographing hall at 2:30 and got in line though I did pop off to go to the Following).  Everyone was friendly and we got pictures and even got to chat a bit with the cast.   

The main issue that I had is that the staff in the autographing area really has no idea what is going on.  We asked about a Sleepy Hollow line and they told us that there was not a line yet to come back an hour before the start time.  I then asked the people on the line directly to my right what they were waiting for and they told me that it was for Sleepy Hollow.  I found that to be a bit annoying. 

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 08:18:55 AM »
Yeah, it seemed that no one really knew what was going, or what was allowed or not allowed.

Offline bettiebloodshed

• Gaming Lounge
    • My cosplay page!
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 08:38:52 AM »
I'm the friend that got Barb's Teen Woof ticket. :3 Which makes her like the best person ever (and she totally made my sick friend's life).

But I will say I was pretty early on in the line, and they let us get a picture with them if we wanted. However, I found out about 3 people after me, they were starting to tell people that there would be NO pictures with them. The line was just moving too slow. While the rooms are great and all, I can see how frustrating it could be. I didn't get into my Robot Chicken signing because the line was *insane*, and I had to be somewhere at a certain time. It was just the way it washed out. I just wish that I had known the time earlier than that day, because I could have provided the ticket to someone else.
Owner of When Nerds Attack .com

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 10:19:14 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm the friend that got Barb's Teen Woof ticket. :3 Which makes her like the best person ever (and she totally made my sick friend's life).

Glad you got it betty, ask Barb where she originally got the teen wolf from!! hint hint
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 10:34:07 AM »
Yup! From him! Which I still really appreciate! Con Karma FTW!

Offline bettiebloodshed

• Gaming Lounge
    • My cosplay page!
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 11:27:16 AM »
Glad you got it betty, ask Barb where she originally got the teen wolf from!! hint hint

It's a giant game of pass it forward! And for the record, my friend also says thank you, as well! (I do too haha)
Owner of When Nerds Attack .com

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 01:33:47 PM »
makes me all tear-y just reading the last few posts

8)  :) 8)

'course i was just cutting onions too but still
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline DragonJuls

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 06:41:35 AM »

But I will say I was pretty early on in the line, and they let us get a picture with them if we wanted. However, I found out about 3 people after me, they were starting to tell people that there would be NO pictures with them. The line was just moving too slow. While the rooms are great and all, I can see how frustrating it could be. I didn't get into my Robot Chicken signing because the line was *insane*, and I had to be somewhere at a certain time. It was just the way it washed out. I just wish that I had known the time earlier than that day, because I could have provided the ticket to someone else.

I wasn't that far after you for Teen Wolf. The line was SLOW and they had to stop the pictures with them. I'm surprised they were allowing that in the first place. The cast wanted to know your name and were very nice and they personalized the posters. It took me 50 minutes to get my poster signed and I wasn't that far back (I did bypass part of the line when I preordered season 3). The lady with her daughters that couldn't take a picture with them was so mad but the line still had 50 people in it when I left. I had to rush to Hercules line.

The Hercules signing line was horrible. We couldn't even take a picture of them as we were getting our poster.  My son was with me and the stars were talking to him. Kellan Lutz asked him what he was playing on his 3DS. I was having a good conversation with Kellan about Bulgaria and the volunteer just kept pulling me away. Kellan asked if I was the one who sent him a picture of Bulgarian site. It was cool that he saw the picture I sent him over twitter. He said he's not on it that often. We talked about Peace Corps. I basically ignored Renny Harlin since Kellan and I were talking.

Chucky: the cast was late but they were great. Apparently Jennifer Tilly wasn't feeling well but she was very nice. She was personalizing the posters. Autograph floor.

TMNT: signing went well and it was in the room.

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 12:22:36 PM »
The Robot Chicken signing was great. Very friendly and pretty fast. Took single and group pics.

The Sleepy Hollow signing was a disaster.  They capped the line at 190 just 5 minutes before the signing. NYCC staffer stated that was on the studio.

The "crew" gave people wrong directions as to which table to go to so some were on line for hours on the wrong line. It was at Table 7 not Table 6. And when I tried to address it at the Q&A all was said was "I wasn't there, so I don't know." Well I'm telling you what happened you don't really need to be there to know what happened. You can't make this S*it up with them.

There lack of security and communication will makes the organization extremely bad compared to SDCC.

Offline DragonJuls

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 01:00:37 PM »
How did autograph ticket pickup go for everyone?  I had tickets transferred to my name but they were still in the other person's name although I got a confirmation email. It worked out once I gave them the original person's info.

On Saturday, there was a guy in front of me causing trouble. He had printouts that he had won tickets but didn't have a clue. He tried to pick up a session that was Sunday and when they told him. He had to pick that up on Sunday, he asked he could have another session on Saturday to replace it. One girl told him no but the other girl seemed to give in.