Author Topic: Anime Expo in Los Angeles - July 2-5, 2015  (Read 1362 times)

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
Anime Expo in Los Angeles - July 2-5, 2015
« on: March 01, 2015, 08:42:39 PM »
My daughter has convinced me to go to AX before SDCC.  We are going for Saturday and Sunday, and then down to SD. 

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or is also planning to attend.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: Anime Expo in Los Angeles - July 2-5, 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 09:37:17 PM »
I think Zero will be there....
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:28:13 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 12:27:21 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think Zero will be there....

I have no idea what you're talking about!  Hahahahahahaha.

Yes, it is true.  I'll be there. ;p  When I say I'm kind of worried about AX being two days before Comic-Con, I really mean I'm really worried that it's two days before Comic-Con.  Yikes, no recovery time between conventions!  >__<  Total understatement, ha ha.

My daughter has convinced me to go to AX before SDCC.  We are going for Saturday and Sunday, and then down to SD. 

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or is also planning to attend.

Truthfully, many of the tips mentioned for Comic-Con can also be applied to any convention, including Anime Expo.  Stay hydrated, bring sunblock, bring snacks, wear comfortable shoes, etc. are some examples of this.

I do recommend, if you can, purchasing your badges as soon as you can.  For anime conventions, most of the time, they have increasing badge prices the closer it gets to the convention (it's not like Comic-Con where badges sell out in an hour, so the prices are set for that one time).  If you can comfortably afford it now, it's a good idea to think about budgeting for the badges right now.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 09:52:21 AM »
Thanks Zero!  We will look into purchasing the tickets.  We booked a hotel room but I understand there will be a hotel sale so I'll watch for that, too.  I'm looking forward to a beach day between cons.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 10:24:13 AM »
Right now they are selling four day badges for $65.  Does anyone know what Saturday and Sunday single day passes have cost in the past? 

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 06:28:43 PM »
Thanks Zero!  We will look into purchasing the tickets.  We booked a hotel room but I understand there will be a hotel sale so I'll watch for that, too.  I'm looking forward to a beach day between cons.

Just note that AX doesn't have a hotel sale like the way Comic-Con does.  It has a hotel block, which offers discounted room rates for specific hotels in that block.  The website will usually announce that the hotel rooms are available for reservations.

Right now they are selling four day badges for $65.  Does anyone know what Saturday and Sunday single day passes have cost in the past? 

Last year, if I recall correctly, the single day ("1-day") badge was $45 at AX 2014.  The prices may or may not be the same this year though.

Hope that helps!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 06:45:52 PM »
Thanks Zero!!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 06:52:42 PM »
Thanks Zero!!

Depending on what the final prices (in other words, the "at-con" prices) will be this year, it may actually be cheaper to purchase 4-day badges instead of two 1-day badges (for each person).

For AX 2014, the 1-day badges were $45, so if you buy one for Saturday and one for Sunday, the total came out to be $90.  The 4-day badge was $80 (by the time the 1-day badges were available for purchase on the website), so the 4-day was actually cheaper than two 1-day badges.  Again, there's no guarantee the prices will be the same for this year, but that's another thing to consider if you're planning to attend AX.

Oh, by the way, the JW Marriott (the hotel that is across the street and behind the Los Angeles Convention Center, or "LACC" for short) is available for reservations on the AX website: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:03:09 PM by Zero »

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 10:08:35 AM »
Zero, yes, we are going to go ahead and buy 4 day passes now.  I booked the Sheraton LA Downtown for $304/night through Expedia a couple weeks ago so I'm set there.  Not the best rate but we went ahead and took it.

Thanks again for all your help!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 10:44:41 AM »
Zero, yes, we are going to go ahead and buy 4 day passes now.  I booked the Sheraton LA Downtown for $304/night through Expedia a couple weeks ago so I'm set there.  Not the best rate but we went ahead and took it.

Thanks again for all your help!

You're welcome!  Glad that I could help.  ^__^d