Author Topic: Geek & Sundry Is Back  (Read 3099 times)

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
Geek & Sundry Is Back
« on: July 01, 2014, 10:57:57 AM »
FELICIA DAY’S GEEK & SUNDRY LOUNGE RETURNS TO 2014 COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO WITH A STELLAR LINE-UP OF BRAND PARTNERSHIPS, GAMING EXCLUSIVES AND DEDICATED FAN ACTIVITIES

Leading Digital Entertainment Network Reveals Sneak Peek Of Its Wildly Popular Event Curated With Gaming At The Heart of The Experience

Felicia Day’s Geek & Sundry, most recognized for bringing the best in award-winning internet television content that features leading voices in geek culture and lifestyle, today announced its plans to host a packed two-day event at 2014 Comic-Con International: San Diego (SDCC). This is the third consecutive year that Geek & Sundry will host a fan-dedicated event, which will be open starting at 10am on Thursday July 24th and Friday July 25th 2014 and will be located at Jolt n Joe’s on 4th and J Street in the Gaslamp Quarter, a block away from the convention center. Fans can expect to meet their favorite stars including Felicia, TableTop’s Wil Wheaton and other surprise guests from the network as well as check out new game first-look previews and geek experiences, not available anywhere else.

Since launching in 2012, Geek & Sundry continues to grow as the go-to destination for all new indie geek content online, at events and within the community. With over 1.4 million subscribers across its network, its popularity has attracted a number of brand and content partnerships for the Lounge this year including Microsoft Surface, Wizards of The Coast, Logitech G, AMD (Dragon Ageâ„¢: Inquisition), Japanime Games, CD PROJEKT RED (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt), Black Magic Design, Loot Crate, Espionage Cosmetics, and more. Each partner has collaborated with Geek & Sundry to bring fans an exciting demo experience that will surely delight audiences.

At this year’s event, the network will also shine a spotlight on some of the new shows in development, including the return of the award-winning TableTop, Spellslingers hosted by Sean “Day[9]” Plott, intergalactic action show Space Janitors, Morganville: The Series based on the best-selling young adult vampire franchise, and the recently released paranormal comedy series, Spooked. Cast panels, signings, cosplay, evening VIP parties and two official SDCC panels will round out the schedule, as more will be revealed closer to SDCC.

“Geek & Sundry is thrilled to be back at Comic-Con with our popular Geek & Sundry Lounge which has grown year on year. Our fans are always at the heart of our events and we’ve continued to curate and develop our programming with them in mind,” said Sheri Bryant, Co-Founder of Geek & Sundry. “We will be premiering many tabletop, video game and digital entertainment exclusives this year, and are grateful to continue to have such a tremendous brand partnership response at Comic-Con and beyond.”

GEEK & SUNDRY LOUNGE JULY 24-25th @ Jolt N’ Joes, 379 4th Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101 (J Street)

Geek & Sundry plans to announce more details closer to 2014 Comic-Con International: San Diego. For more information please follow twitter.com/geekandsundry and visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Geek & Sundry Is Back
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 11:19:14 AM »
Very strange that it is only for 2 days this year...

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:37:39 PM »

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:20:51 AM »
I wonder if prices are just getting too high for some of these companies/off-site events. During Leonards video chat, Jennifer who does the Zombie Walk said places were quoting $90K just for a night for a party.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 11:22:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I wonder if prices are just getting too high for some of these companies/off-site events. During Leonards video chat, Jennifer who does the Zombie Walk said places were quoting $90K just for a night for a party.

I actually have no basis for determining whether or not that is a reasonable sum for a corporate entity, but I agree, it does shut out fan groups!

Offline SandiGabi

• Room 6BCF
  • Hyaaah!
  • Liked: 24
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 11:32:39 AM »
Either way I'm glad it'll be happening. I didn't manage to make it last year and hope to this year! Thanks for the info.

Comic-Con month here at long, long last! :D

Offline Nancy

• Gaming Lounge
    • Quiet Superstitions
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 01:07:14 PM »

Really glad it's on a Thursday/Friday this year! Completely missed out last year because there was so much other stuff going on. Should definitely be able to get down there on Thursday.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Offline Rosalie

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 07:36:17 PM »
I was unable to make it last year to Geek and Sundry.
I definately want to get there this year :)

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 08:07:20 AM »
I'm pretty disappointed it's only going to be 2 days. We spent the majority of our time there last year!

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 08:08:06 AM »

For $90k that better include an open bar.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 08:11:36 AM »
I don't think it was open bar, but I could be wrong.

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 08:44:02 AM »
It was not open bar. 

Offline Nancy

• Gaming Lounge
    • Quiet Superstitions
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 02:46:13 PM »
I'm pretty disappointed it's only going to be 2 days. We spent the majority of our time there last year!

Do you remember which days they were set up last year? Was it all four?

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 03:40:09 PM »
Do you remember which days they were set up last year? Was it all four?

Yes, I believe it was all 4.

Offline pinniped

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 04:27:16 PM »
Sounds awesome but...is it mega crowded, esp. since it's open to the public? Are there long lines to do everything (e.g. play game demos)? What's the likelihood of actually getting to meet Felicia Day?

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 05:28:43 PM »
Sounds awesome but...is it mega crowded, esp. since it's open to the public? Are there long lines to do everything (e.g. play game demos)? What's the likelihood of actually getting to meet Felicia Day?

Last year it was crowded during high profile events, but you could get in. Autograph lines were long, but you were able to see Felicia and Wil from much closer than in a panel room.

When Wil and Felicia weren't around, it was easy to get in and grab some swag.