Author Topic: Mattel  (Read 35685 times)

Offline s3rndpt

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 73
Mattel
« on: February 01, 2016, 10:31:30 AM »
So I've never been a HeMan fan, and there was just no way I was going to spend as much money as they wanted for HeMan figures just to get early access to CCI stuff. But now there's Thundercats! And the whole thing is only $125! I'm totally on board with that. And it gets the same pre-access as the HeMan stuff (it looks like, at least). Just wanted to give anyone else who might be interested a heads up. For me, it's a win win. Figures I'd actually want anyway + pre-access to CCI items = happy me.

Here's the link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:55:12 PM by AzT »

Offline wolfgirl1272

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 64
Re: MattyCollector / Mattel
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 10:46:43 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. I'll check with the BF and see if he is interested.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Mattel
« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:25:00 AM »

Offline conventiongeek

• Hall H
  • Liked: 270
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 08:47:29 PM »
Sorry to burst your bubble... but the fine print on early access for this subscription does not go into effect until Sept of 2016. Sorry.... no CCI early access. I think that boat has sailed... if you dont have a subscription you may be out of luck.

Offline s3rndpt

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 10:04:23 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sorry to burst your bubble... but the fine print on early access for this subscription does not go into effect until Sept of 2016. Sorry.... no CCI early access. I think that boat has sailed... if you dont have a subscription you may be out of luck.

And you are 100% right--my fault for not reading more closely. But that should mean you get early access next year, which is still something!

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 08:27:13 PM »
So I've never been a HeMan fan, and there was just no way I was going to spend as much money as they wanted for HeMan figures just to get early access to CCI stuff. But now there's Thundercats! And the whole thing is only $125! I'm totally on board with that. And it gets the same pre-access as the HeMan stuff (it looks like, at least). Just wanted to give anyone else who might be interested a heads up. For me, it's a win win. Figures I'd actually want anyway + pre-access to CCI items = happy me.

Here's the link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Scheduled releases include*:

-Lion—Oâ„¢ (09/16)
-Jackalmanâ„¢ (10/16)
-Pumyraâ„¢ (11/16)
 Mumm—Raâ„¢ (Subscription-only figure, 11/16)
-Panthroâ„¢ (12/16)

I do like that Matty has decided on smaller sub models 4-6 figures + subscriber figure, keeping them at around $200 after tax and shipping.  I think early access for all subs will end in December 2016.

Looks like a beautiful sub and the only way to get Mumm-Ra!  Hopefully they share the packaging during Toy Fair next week.

Offline Ghost6

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 12:50:39 AM »
Here is the interesting thing about that...

Last year, the motuc 200X sub also stated that the early access would be valid AFTER SDCC...and yet, it completely allowed my friend to purchase all of the sdcc exclusives BEFORE the con. 

Maybe it was a glitch, but he absolutely got in on the early sales. 

Offline NoOtherOptions!

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 144
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 11:37:12 AM »
Not looking to get rich, but if you resold these would they come in close to retail?  Really just hoping for a gamble at the early CCI access don't even want to really make anything.  Too many toys sitting around still from last year.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 08:58:00 PM »

"Matty Collectors and ThunderCats fans!

Our ThunderCats ‪#‎ClubThirdEarth‬ subscription period is now OVER! We're thrilled about all the positivie feedback we've received about the figures and are excited to start shipping them out in the following months.

Keep your eyes peeled for future releases! "

Offline Ghost6

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 11:50:59 PM »
Mattel has already hinted there will be a sdcc Thundercats exclusive...my guess is the Ghost Jaga cast in translucent plastic.

Offline s3rndpt

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 11:15:52 AM »
I'll test the pre-order thing this week. If it lets me in on Thursday morning for the presale for Friday, I'm guessing it'll let me in early for Comic Con too.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 11:35:07 AM »
I'll test the pre-order thing this week. If it lets me in on Thursday morning for the presale for Friday, I'm guessing it'll let me in early for Comic Con too.
@s3rndpt If you got the April 8 EA email, you can login now under Subscriptions, you should see the offerings for Thursday as "coming soon."  Please check, I'm curious about if you can see the Anti-He Man Chase figure!  If you see EA now, likely you have the other access.

Makes sense if you have a Thundercats sub, to have access to the presale with the SDCC Thundercats exclusive.  Not that Matty thinks that way!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 11:50:55 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline s3rndpt

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 01:44:07 PM »
[member=1227]s3rndpt[/member] If you got the April 8 EA email, you can login now under Subscriptions, you should see the offerings for Thursday as "coming soon."  Please check, I'm curious about if you can see the Anti-He Man Chase figure!  If you see EA now, likely you have the other access.

Makes sense if you have a Thundercats sub, to have access to the presale with the SDCC Thundercats exclusive.  Not that Matty thinks that way!

It's saying "Coming Soon" on them, but god only knows what will happen on Thursday. I'll keep you updated.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 04:43:13 PM »
If you can log in to EA

I think you have your answer! (i.e. you're part of a group that waits patiently for Matty to confirm an EA con presale!)

Enjoy the frenzy over that Anti-Eternia He-Man® Figure!

Also @Mattycollector tweeted this morning "AND we have a little something extra to announce" which may be another hard-to-get past figure up for that sale!

edit: We could be one month away from Matty's SDCC reveals!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 12:50:27 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline s3rndpt

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 08:50:04 AM »
If you can log in to EA

I think you have your answer! (i.e. you're part of a group that waits patiently for Matty to confirm an EA con presale!)

Enjoy the frenzy over that Anti-Eternia He-Man® Figure!

Also @Mattycollector tweeted this morning "AND we have a little something extra to announce" which may be another hard-to-get past figure up for that sale!

edit: We could be one month away from Matty's SDCC reveals!

Well, today, it's not letting me log in. I can look up my Thundercats order, but that's it. Mattycollector is a bit ridiculous.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 02:56:29 PM »
Well, today, it's not letting me log in. I can look up my Thundercats order, but that's it. Mattycollector is a bit ridiculous.

Sometimes it's just a cookie thing. On mobile, I had to adjust settings to accept the password.

The log in should read "Early Access Log In, This area is reserved for current subscribers only. Please log in with the email/password you entered when you signed up for your subscription. "

If it says "My Account Log In," log out and go back to main page/subscriptions/early access or the link in the email.