Author Topic: SDCC 2018 Meet-up Summary Thread  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
SDCC 2018 Meet-up Summary Thread
« on: April 11, 2018, 11:09:22 PM »
Here are the 2018 meet-ups so far:

2018 Pre-Con Meetup - Tuesday, July 17th, 2018, 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm (or later)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

2018 Broken Yolk PN Breakfast Meetup - Wednesday, July 18th, 2018, 7:30 am to 10:30 am

2018 FoCC Dinner and SWAG Trade - Sunday, July 22nd, 2018, 6:00 pm to TBD

For other folks who are interesting in planning or setting up a meet-up before, during, or after Comic-Con 2018, here are some basic rules and guidelines:

Rules:
  • Pick a place or location that is safe for all.  (Remember that you'll all be meeting strangers for the first time.)
  • If alcohol is involved, no drinking and driving.  Catch a taxi or arrange for a ride-sharing service like Uber, Lyft, etc.
  • Put in place any other safety precautions you think will be helpful.  Use your best judgement to create a safe but fun environment.
Guidelines:
  • Pick a place that is kid-friendly as some forum members may wish to bring their children/family along with them.
  • If you pick a place where you will be tying up a waiter/waitress' station for a while with a lot of people, make sure you advertise to tip well.
  • The list goes on, but please be mindful of those who wish to join your meet-up as well as those who are serving you during the meet-up.
The responsibilities of the organizers are to:
  • Set a time and place.
  • Communicate clearly with those who are interested in joining your meet-up.
  • Be there early or on-time to get it going.
  • Do some recruiting to get people to come to your meet-up.
  • A good rule of thumb is that the more time you put into it, the more successful it will be.
There will be individual threads for meet-ups as they form, but you are welcome to post in this thread if you want to volunteer to organize a meet-up or brainstorm some ideas with others on the forum community.  You won't know if anyone would be interested in joining you if you don't take the initiative to ask.  ^__~

If you would like your meet-up thread to be included on the list in this post, please tag me ([member=317]Zero[/member]), [member=283]Devorah[/member], and/or [member=3]Chris[/member] in this thread.  Please provide your meet-up thread link/URL address as well as the meet-up date and time for us to quickly and easily add your meet-up info here.[/i]

Good luck, and most importantly have fun at those meet-ups!

With thanks and appreciation to [member=3]Chris[/member] for originally starting these forum meet-up summary threads to help us keep things organized.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 03:24:11 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline tt7777

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 20
Re: SDCC 2018 Meet-up Summary Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 09:14:02 PM »
Could I please be added to the waitlist to all the ones that have a wait list, please? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:22:02 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 09:23:41 PM »
Could I please be added to the waitlist to all the ones that have a wait list, please? Thank you.

[member=2331]tt7777[/member]: You have to go to the individual threads and request to be added on their waitlists.  This is just an index summary thread for the meet-ups taking place for Comic-Con 2018.

The different threads are already listed neatly in the first post, so please go and check those out.  :]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline tt7777

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 09:28:57 PM »
🤦‍♀️

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 03:47:46 PM »
Our meet ups kick off the con for me not PN.  I absolutely look forward to seeing everyone!

Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster