Author Topic: New & Returning TV show Chat  (Read 50078 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: New & Returning TV show Chat
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2017, 11:29:03 AM »
everyone else thrilled with Legion?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2017, 11:42:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I don't have the words, so I'll let Ed Hochuli call it

IT'S GOOD!!!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #107 on: Today at 09:41:52 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2017, 12:27:11 PM »
I also kinda liked 24:legacy  ;) despite my misgivings

there's also a pbs series on the infrastructure for the airline industry that is interesting
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2017, 12:59:24 PM »
DH and I are definitely thrilled with it!
Ang

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2017, 01:00:29 PM »
I also kinda liked 24:legacy  ;) despite my misgivings

there's also a pbs series on the infrastructure for the airline industry that is interesting

Was originally planning to watch 24 after the superbowl, but decided I couldn't handle any more drama. Figure I'll let it build a while and then binge if the reviews are still good.

Have watched episode 1 of Legion like 4 times. Especially love the escape sequence at the end. My wife watched it once and liked it, even though she rarely goes for the comics/scifi/etc series. She was a big Downton Abbey fan and halfway through the episode she recognized Dan Stevens, sat up and, as if he was there in the room, said "Matthew? "Matthew!"

Can't believe I have to wait 2 more days for episode 2  ::)

There were a few details about the upcoming Castlevania series in Warren Ellis's newsletter:

"Inspired by the classic video game series, Castlevania is a dark medieval fantasy following the last surviving member of the disgraced Belmont clan, trying to save Eastern Europe from extinction at the hand of Vlad Dracula Tepes himself. The animated series is from Frederator Studios, a Wow! Unlimited Media company, written by best-selling author and comic book icon Warren Ellis and executive produced by Warren Ellis, Kevin Kolde, Fred Seibert and Adi Shankar.

That is the official Netflix press release. it is incomplete, but that's all there is for now, and I've been asked not to say more. So I can't say more about structure, tone, or the amazing voice cast we somehow managed to gather.

But my co-producer and diamond geezer Adi Shankar has said some more about it at this link here, giving additional details.
"

Here's the link he mentions You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login basically, the show will follow Castlevania III Dracula's Curse and be a hard R. Ellis is already working on season 2.

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2017, 01:49:24 PM »
If Castlevania is anything like the computer games then season two will never be beaten and will leave fans frustrated beyond belief. ;)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2017, 12:23:49 PM »
LEGION

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2017, 04:15:45 PM »
LEGION

I watched Ep 1 while Ep 2 taped, and then watched Ep 2.  I need to go back and watch them both again.  Really enjoying it so far!!  The 2nd episode was so different from the first.  And I didn't even recognize Syd as the girl from the recent season of Fargo, excellent acting.

I'm almost up to date on The Expanse, too.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2017, 03:09:45 PM »
Busy guy gets... busier:

‘Talking Dead’ Spinoff With Chris Hardwick Set at AMC

AMC is expanding “The Walking Dead” aftershow “Talking Dead” into a year-round talk franchise. The cable channel announced Wednesday “Talking With Chris Hardwick,” a new hour-long talk show that will air at 11 p.m. on Sunday nights - specifically Sunday nights when new episodes of “The Walking Dead” or “Fear the Walking Dead” are not airing. On evenings when they are, Hardwick’s long-running aftershow “Talking Dead” will air instead.

Each hour-long episode of “Talking” will feature Hardwick interviewing a single guest or cast. Unlike “Talking Dead,” which focuses on the “Walking Dead” universe, “Talking” will feature guests from across pop culture.

“Chris Hardwick is just the ultimate fan guide, advocate and conversationalist. He took our desire to serve the fans of ‘The Walking Dead’ with an hour of discussion and analysis following each new episode and turned it into the #1 talk show on television, and a model that has been widely emulated but never quite duplicated, because Chris is the key,” said Joel Stillerman, president of original programming and development for AMC and SundanceTV. “Between ‘Talking Dead,’ his podcast and panel moderation at events like Comic-Con, there is just no one better at drawing out guests’ humanity, celebrating content and serving fans. We are looking forward to expanding our relationship with Chris through this new version of ‘Talking’ that will allow him to do what he does best — give our viewers a front row seat to some of the biggest topics in pop culture today and a host who has an incomparable affinity for the content they love.”

Hardwick also hosts the late-night game show “@midnight” weeknights on Comedy Central.

“‘Talking’ will have the skin of ‘Talking Dead,’ the soul of the Nerdist podcast and the guts of a Comic Con panel,” said Hardwick. “I have loved learning how to do a talk show these last six years on ‘Talking Dead,’ but am eager to expand the format into other areas of pop culture.”

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2017, 09:16:40 PM »
Awesome! Looking forward to that!

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2017, 07:27:06 AM »
Legion!!!  Need to watch Ep 4 again today.

Big Little Lies, too.  I didn't read the book so can't compare the two. 

Really excited about both these shows!

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2017, 09:23:11 AM »
I feel that way about every episode! Watch and then re-watch. So good!
Ang

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2017, 09:43:43 AM »

Big Little Lies, too.  I didn't read the book so can't compare the two. 

Really excited about both these shows!

Haven't seen ep 4 yet, stuck at a conference for work. (Which is obviously not that interesting right now since I'm posting away in the forum instead of listening to the talks. Don't think I can get away with streaming Legion unfortunately.)

Didn't realize Big Little Lies was a book, probably good not to have read it given the way the story is structured. I know there was something on Australian TV, is that the same version or a different one?

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2017, 08:46:59 PM »
Didn't realize Big Little Lies was a book, probably good not to have read it given the way the story is structured. I know there was something on Australian TV, is that the same version or a different one?

The author of the book is Australian, and the HBO show is airing there now.  I think it is on the same schedule as the airings in the U.S. 

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2017, 09:49:13 PM »
Saw some of the first pics for the DC Music Meister crossover  :) 

Seen a lot of criticism about this season of the CW shows but am still enjoying them, watched the last episode of Flash after a rough day at work and sure, a lot of things didn't make much sense, but we got a Luke Starkiller name drop and Grodd and an army of gorillas attacking Central City. Works for me.