Author Topic: NYCC Autograph Ticket Online Giveaway Round 2 - Friday 10/4/13  (Read 27768 times)

Offline NYRider

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 185
Re: NYCC Autograph Ticket Online Giveaway Round 2 - Friday 10/4/13
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2013, 06:08:24 PM »
Sleepy Hollow Cast for signing free on Sunday between 4pm and 5pm, at Autograph table 7 in the Autograph Area:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline DeeKaye2013

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2013, 08:23:52 PM »
Glad to see the Sleepy Hollow news. I'm really liking the show so far, and it'll be cool to see their Q&A and maybe meet the cast. :)

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2013, 10:22:29 PM »
Sleepy Hollow Cast for signing free on Sunday between 4pm and 5pm, at Autograph table 7 in the Autograph Area:

Of course this is happening at the exact same time as the x-files panel. I only have 2 must see panels the whole con and x-files is one of them. Oh well that's my bad luck.

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2013, 08:08:51 AM »
Regardless we won't be using this system going forward. It actually did work well for lots of people but we can improve it. We will have a different process next time as we have already learned a lot from this experiment.

Actually Brian I liked this system, felt it was very fair and saved a ton of time and stress. It's random and you know within moments if you got a ticket or not. That way if you didn't, you can go about and plan other fun events. Way better than sitting in a huge line for even an hour, hoping and praying you'd make the cut, then if you didn't, then you've wasted a ton of time and stress. This system took all that out and for me, worth it.

Remember, the loudest voices you'll hear through this are the ones that didn't win or are unsatisfied. How many others are cool with it but those aren't the post you'll hear about. Plus, put this feedback into perspective of what SDCC gets for their ticket sales and I'd say this is pretty mild.

However I understand we are always looking to improve and if you are able to find a more fair and easier system with all these same benefits, I'm all for it but do please keep the 2 real strengths of this one ... random/fair and time saver (no camp outs).

Thanks for taking time to give us such personal attention on here!
"Wax On, Wax Off"

Offline Crow4ever

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2013, 08:45:28 AM »
Question about redeeming your autograph ticket.  One of the things they tell you to respond to the email with is the following:  Your NYCC User ID or NYCC Ticket Registration Confirmation number (found on the confirmation email you received when you ordered your NYCC Ticket).

Don't have my confirmation number - I ordered tickets 5 months ago and tossed the email.  So what is my User ID?  The number on my badge?

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2013, 09:21:03 AM »
Question about redeeming your autograph ticket.  One of the things they tell you to respond to the email with is the following:  Your NYCC User ID or NYCC Ticket Registration Confirmation number (found on the confirmation email you received when you ordered your NYCC Ticket).

Don't have my confirmation number - I ordered tickets 5 months ago and tossed the email.  So what is my User ID?  The number on my badge?

you can likely go to showclix.com and get the confirmation number by logging into my tickets
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline DeeKaye2013

• Freebie Table
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2013, 09:25:54 AM »
Of course this is happening at the exact same time as the x-files panel. I only have 2 must see panels the whole con and x-files is one of them. Oh well that's my bad luck.

ARRGH. I missed that fact. Yeah, I wanted to see the X-Files panel as well.  :P Now I'm going to have to choose... grrrr.

Offline Crow4ever

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2013, 09:29:09 AM »
you can likely go to showclix.com and get the confirmation number by logging into my tickets

Brilliant!  Thank you.

Offline steveyaces

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2013, 10:54:23 AM »
Hey so I bought tickets from Midtown comics (aka not online) and I won a signing and got the email to send them my user-id or confirmation number. Since I don't have a confirmation number, what is the User-Id number? Is that the number on the back of my pass?

Offline steveyaces

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2013, 12:12:10 PM »
Nvm, I found the answer on facebook:

New York Comic Con: Your Confirmation number is on the receipt of your online order. the NYCC-ID (or User ID) is located on the back of your badge

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
NYCC Autograph Ticket Online Giveaway Round 2 - Friday 10/4/13
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2013, 08:32:51 PM »

Actually Brian I liked this system, felt it was very fair and saved a ton of time and stress. It's random and you know within moments if you got a ticket or not. That way if you didn't, you can go about and plan other fun events. Way better than sitting in a huge line for even an hour, hoping and praying you'd make the cut, then if you didn't, then you've wasted a ton of time and stress. This system took all that out and for me, worth it.

Remember, the loudest voices you'll hear through this are the ones that didn't win or are unsatisfied. How many others are cool with it but those aren't the post you'll hear about. Plus, put this feedback into perspective of what SDCC gets for their ticket sales and I'd say this is pretty mild.

However I understand we are always looking to improve and if you are able to find a more fair and easier system with all these same benefits, I'm all for it but do please keep the 2 real strengths of this one ... random/fair and time saver (no camp outs).

Thanks for taking time to give us such personal attention on here!
I have mixed feelings about the process. I did think it was a good idea but after several unsuccessful attempts at various shows I was a bit disappointed. The sting was heightened with the social media tie-in to give me better odds of scoring a ticket.  Why should I communicate to all of my FB contacts what  I am trying o get tickets to? Frankly, I do not understand the correlation on how my chances would be increased. I saw it simply as a means to increase click-throughs and other stats. I put it into another context: I am standing on line for a draw  and I get a second, third, or fourth chance because I sent out a tweet. The people behind me would not be so happy if they did not send out a tweet or as many tweets as me.

I had much better results standing in line at SDCC. Granted I did not get everything I wanted but I came home with some nice momentos. 
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline DragonJuls

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2013, 09:37:35 PM »
Does anybody want TMNT? 

Offline 2k11patriot

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2013, 09:38:58 PM »
I'll take the TMNT! PM for details. Anybody have the following or PoI? I tried from 11:59 to 12:05 and they were instantly gone. I didn't even have a chance to enter.

Nic

Offline DragonJuls

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2013, 10:34:48 PM »
I'll take the TMNT! PM for details. Anybody have the following or PoI? I tried from 11:59 to 12:05 and they were instantly gone. I didn't even have a chance to enter.

Nic

I responded.

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2013, 11:42:12 PM »
Does anybody want TMNT?
If you haven't completed a deal and still have it. I'd love it. I can trade a Hercules for it!
"Wax On, Wax Off"