Author Topic: 2018 SDCC Hasbro Exclusives  (Read 26543 times)

Offline dcol

• Gaming Lounge
  • Be kind to others in line
    • Tink the Pug
  • Liked: 67
Re: 2018 SDCC Hasbro Exclusives
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2018, 08:03:24 AM »
Most important question never came up.
Will the convention exclusives be limited?

I expect Hasbro, like any other corporation will keep producing until the demand wears off. Not really exclusive anymore, is it?

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2018, 08:38:55 AM »
the Hasbro exclusives are exclusive but not SDCC exclusive, so they will be sold at conventions and hasbrotoyshop but there is a specific limit on them. The exclusive versions usually feature nicer packaging, more accessories, different paint variants.   

That said there are usually retail versions of what they sell but minus the bells and whistles.

For example the Luke/Rey two pack last year was a double pack in a nicer package and you got them early, but the figures were eventually released in the regular black series.

That said the celebration x-wing Luke I think may have been a more exclusive piece
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #77 on: Today at 02:04:17 AM »

Offline dcol

• Gaming Lounge
  • Be kind to others in line
    • Tink the Pug
  • Liked: 67
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2018, 08:58:49 AM »
I agree, but the huge toymakers don't really limit their items.

As an example, last year Funko had a lot of exclusives that I wanted but they sold out quickly. On the way home I stopped at a mall for dinner and low and behold Hot Topic had all the convention exclusives on a huge table in front of the store with no lines. They were $5 more, but there they were.

Personally I only consider an exclusive if it is ONLY available at one place and has a known limited production run. Hasbro, Funko, Mattel, Lego have few, if any, 'true' SDCC exclusives. But on the other hand, there are many other vendors that do, like Gentle Giant, Icon Heroes, Cryptozoic, Diamond and many more.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 09:34:47 AM by dcol »

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2018, 09:30:38 AM »
actually thats nto 100% true the Lego has a SDCC sticker and you can't find those sets elsewhere. It really depends who wants to buy the rights to slap the SDCC logo on the exclusive; Hasbro has opted not to but it is still a convention exclusive.

Many companies are opting for the 'convention' exclusive it seems
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2018, 05:40:40 PM »
No GI Joe HTS exclusive for SDCC 2018?

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2018, 06:42:04 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am in there now.  Will try to capture some of the Ts&Cs. Lots of details and different vendors have different rules. Funko and Hasbro say "Rules: Can be selected one slot per show"

Hasbro details, there are for a time window.

Submit interest in this exclusive merchandise time slot if you are available to visit the Hasbro booth #3329 anytime between 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 (Preview Night)

Hasbro Toy Shop Booth 3329
Exhibitors are not allowed to purchase on Preview Night
Submitting interest in this time slot does not guarantee that you will be selected to participate

By submitting interest, you also agree to the general Comic-Con 2018 Exclusive Portal Terms & Conditions

Hasbro Portal slots as mentioned by [member=4270]mark[/member] in

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 07:18:51 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline GusGus23462

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 108
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2018, 07:07:26 PM »
Are they doing tickets on Saturday and Sunday? There were no open slots for those days!

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2018, 07:08:59 PM »
Are they doing tickets on Saturday and Sunday? There were no open slots for those days!

No Portal slots listed. They didn't do vouchers for Saturday for the last two years.  Sunday had been walk up as well.

Offline GusGus23462

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 108
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2018, 07:10:12 PM »
Nice. Good to know that we still have a chance even if I fail the lotto!!

THANKS!!

Offline TopDawgz

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2018, 07:24:30 PM »
Is no portal for Saturday Hasbro confirmed? Weird that Hasbro is doing Preview night, which there was never a line and not on Saturday?

Offline LuthienDragon

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2018, 07:34:11 PM »
Anyone has the complete list of all this year's Hasbro Exclusives?

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2018, 08:45:27 PM »
Anyone has the complete list of all this year's Hasbro Exclusives?

Definitely could stand some more news on that front!

Check upthread, here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline cire_raeb

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
2018 SDCC Hasbro Exclusives
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2018, 09:43:21 PM »
actually thats nto 100% true the Lego has a SDCC sticker and you can't find those sets elsewhere. It really depends who wants to buy the rights to slap the SDCC logo on the exclusive; Hasbro has opted not to but it is still a convention exclusive.

Not sure if you are correct about Legos as the Brickheadz and Minifigs for the couple of years had the SDCC logo printed on the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2018, 03:49:35 PM »
I agree, but the huge toymakers don't really limit their items.

As an example, last year Funko had a lot of exclusives that I wanted but they sold out quickly. On the way home I stopped at a mall for dinner and low and behold Hot Topic had all the convention exclusives on a huge table in front of the store with no lines. They were $5 more, but there they were.

Personally I only consider an exclusive if it is ONLY available at one place and has a known limited production run. Hasbro, Funko, Mattel, Lego have few, if any, 'true' SDCC exclusives. But on the other hand, there are many other vendors that do, like Gentle Giant, Icon Heroes, Cryptozoic, Diamond and many more.

HasbroToyShop has gotten better in increasing inventory for their shows the last few years.  Playmates toys at the Nick booth, now that I've not seen outside of SDCC!

Not sure if you are correct about Legos as the Brickheadz and Minifigs for the couple of years had the SDCC logo printed on the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read that as SDCC-stickered Lego sets and minifigures aren't sold officially via Lego stores.  You have to be at Comic-Con's Lego booth. Though, would minifigures and sets  be considered exclusives if given away in social media contests?

Also, I'm on the idea that the Lego part from the OP involved the actual products inside the box being exclusive?

1. Hasbro has a set of TFA centerpieces, with the added accessory limited to purchase of the set (show or online) but the product itself is sold alone, like the Rey Centerpiece (part of convention set):

2. Lego set packaging may be exclusive to SDCC, but not the innards this year.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2018, 07:12:37 AM »

It’s hard to lament Comic-Con’s lack of focus on actual comic books when the convention also brings us some of the best and exclusive collectible toys of the year. In addition to new figures of Star Wars’ latest heroes, Hasbro will be tapping Transformers fans’ wallets with a new Bumblebee set featuring a retro gold Camaro and a pair of rare dinosaur cassette bots.

The ‘80s-inspired “Bumblebee Vol. 1 Retro Rock Garage” set includes a classic 1977 Camaro version of Bee with a retro paint job that will undoubtedly match the character’s design in the upcoming Transformers prequel. But with 25 steps needed to transform the toy from car to robot mode, this version of Bumblebee doesn’t share much else with the comparatively simple Transformers toys of the ‘80s.

The set’s packaging looks like an oversized cassette tape, while the ‘rock’ theme is carried on through the other two included Transformers figures. As a kid, Soundwave’s tiny cassette bots were my favorite Transformers toys (they were so easy to smuggle in your pocket) and in this set Bumblebee is joined by Dairu and Uruaz, a pair of dino-cassettes that were originally only available in Japan back in the ‘80s.

If you’ll be at San Diego Comic-Con this year, you’ll be able to get the “Bumblebee Vol. 1 Retro Rock Garage” set at Hasbro’s con store for $60. But if you can’t make it out west, some will also be made available on the HabroToyShop website after Comic-Con is over, but in limited numbers.

See Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Daredevil ride the subway.

Marvel’s Defenders will be one of the shining stars of Hasbro’s San Diego Comic-Con exclusives. The characters — including Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Daredevil, Iron Fist and Colleen Wing — are featured in the Marvel Legends Series Defenders Rail Authority 5-Pack.

The six-inch figures come with multiple points of articulation and have detailed stylings. The pack also comes with five accessories. Like all Hasbro convention exclusives, the original packaging is a key part of the appeal and this one is a fun one: underground New York City public transit.

Exclusive toys are one of the hallmarks of San Diego Comic-Con, which runs July 19 to July 22. Fans line up by the thousands for these exclusive offerings from plaything giants Hasbro, Mattel and Lego. The toys don’t hit Amazon or Target and are only be available at this convention (or a few others sometimes) or online for a limited time. Because once they’re gone, they’re gone.

Members of The Defenders are currently in the spotlight due to the Marvel's popular Netflix shows, now in various seasons. The Defenders Rail Authority pack will be on sale for $124.99.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 10:18:39 PM by AzT »