Author Topic: Introductions/Welcome Thread  (Read 197036 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Introductions/Welcome Thread
« Reply #810 on: February 16, 2015, 02:02:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi Everyone

I'm Kristina from CA. I attended SDCC last year for the first time with my sisters and absolutely loved it! I want more than anything to be able to go again this year so I'll be looking to join a badge buying group so help up my chances! I realize I'm a little late to the party but hopefully some of the forum community veterans can help me out with getting myself and my sisters to the SDCC!

PS: it took me way too long to figure out the registration questions D: I guess I'm not as big of a nerd as I'd like to think since I couldn't finish a few names.....

Welcome to the forums, Kristina!  Glad that you could join us in our online community!

I wish you and your sister the best of luck for Comic-Con badges this upcoming weekend.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Blubutterfly505

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 247
« Reply #811 on: February 17, 2015, 04:41:28 PM »
My name is Melissa and I've been attending SDCC  yearly with my family since 2006.  We started attending as a reward for our middle son.  He was having a difficult time learning how to read and a friend of ours gave him a huge box of reader comics and it worked like a charm.  (To this day he tests in the 98% of reading state wide) He was the one to tell us about the Con of all cons.

Well, needless to say the family fell in love with the SDCC and we plan to attend every year so long as the Comic Con Gods see fit. I only found out about this forum last year and through it, I was able to secure a hotel downtown, so thank you.  We'd been attending SDCC for awhile and as I was reading through the different forums I never realized how much stuff we were missing out on. Like cosplay, we've never done it before and are hoping to start that tradition this year.  I love all of your helpful insights and I'm hoping to make it to some of your meet and greets. 

Thanks to all of those who make this forum possible :)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #812 on: Today at 07:41:41 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #812 on: February 17, 2015, 04:51:27 PM »
Great to see you here, Melissa! I agree, there are so many different aspects to Comic Con, including many things I had never heard of/thought of before I saw them here. And then there are all of the new things that happen every year! I always look forward to coming here each day and seeing the latest news!

We are a family who enjoys cosplaying. Like SDCC, once you try it, I'm sure you'll find it addictive! Now if I'm at a con and not cosplaying, I feel like I'm not really *part* of things. I've grown that addicted to it/dependent on it!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #813 on: February 17, 2015, 05:17:18 PM »
My name is Melissa and I've been attending SDCC  yearly with my family since 2006.  We started attending as a reward for our middle son.  He was having a difficult time learning how to read and a friend of ours gave him a huge box of reader comics and it worked like a charm.  (To this day he tests in the 98% of reading state wide) He was the one to tell us about the Con of all cons.

Well, needless to say the family fell in love with the SDCC and we plan to attend every year so long as the Comic Con Gods see fit. I only found out about this forum last year and through it, I was able to secure a hotel downtown, so thank you.  We'd been attending SDCC for awhile and as I was reading through the different forums I never realized how much stuff we were missing out on. Like cosplay, we've never done it before and are hoping to start that tradition this year.  I love all of your helpful insights and I'm hoping to make it to some of your meet and greets. 

Thanks to all of those who make this forum possible :)

Welcome to the forums (officially, ha ha), Melissa!  Glad to have you as part of our forum community.  That's a great story about your son! <3  Comic books: changing the world one person at a time.  ^__~

Definitely keep a look-out for the meet-up threads.  They're bound to pop up soon, ha ha.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Sarahharas

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #814 on: February 18, 2015, 09:03:34 AM »
Hi, My name's Sarah and I live in Belgium. Last february a friend and I decided to go to SDCC so we booked a flight. Then we tried to find a hotel and were surprised there were almost none available. We ended up in one on Shelter Island. (Luckily there were shuttle busses). We had no idea getting badges was so difficult and of course we didn't get any. We still went and had a great time at NerdHQ, the offsite stuff and just visiting San Diego. (And then we went to New York as well)

This year I've decided I'll only go if I get a badge. I've joined a group so hopefully that will help my luck. There's a big chance I'll be traveling alone so I'm still looking for people to travel with and/or share a hotel with (and do more touristy stuff in San Diego. As awesome as it is I don't want to go all that way and spend it all in a convention center)

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #815 on: February 18, 2015, 09:26:23 AM »
Welcome, Sarah! It certainly sounds like you have the adventuresome spirit necessary to travel around the world to Comic Con! Good luck in the badge sale this weekend!

And presuming you get a badge, note that there will likely be FoCCI meetups again this year, where you can get to know people from this forum!

Offline Sarahharas

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #816 on: February 18, 2015, 09:41:29 AM »
That does sound like fun. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is traveling alone or having to stay in a hotel alone. And after the forum meetup maybe a forum Zoo visit? :)

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #817 on: February 18, 2015, 10:04:04 AM »
That does sound like fun. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is traveling alone or having to stay in a hotel alone. And after the forum meetup maybe a forum Zoo visit? :)

The forum meetups are quite the zoo, in and of themselves! ;)

Traveling alone I can't help with, but you might be able to find someone to stay with in the Room Share thread.

Offline Sarahharas

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #818 on: February 18, 2015, 11:28:58 AM »
The forum meetups are quite the zoo, in and of themselves! ;)

Traveling alone I can't help with, but you might be able to find someone to stay with in the Room Share thread.

I'll check that thread once I know more on saturday. Thanks! :)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #819 on: February 18, 2015, 09:18:03 PM »
Hi, My name's Sarah and I live in Belgium. Last february a friend and I decided to go to SDCC so we booked a flight. Then we tried to find a hotel and were surprised there were almost none available. We ended up in one on Shelter Island. (Luckily there were shuttle busses). We had no idea getting badges was so difficult and of course we didn't get any. We still went and had a great time at NerdHQ, the offsite stuff and just visiting San Diego. (And then we went to New York as well)

This year I've decided I'll only go if I get a badge. I've joined a group so hopefully that will help my luck. There's a big chance I'll be traveling alone so I'm still looking for people to travel with and/or share a hotel with (and do more touristy stuff in San Diego. As awesome as it is I don't want to go all that way and spend it all in a convention center)

Welcome to the forums, Sarah! ^__^/  Glad that you could join us in our online community!

Working together in a badge-buying group will help more than attacking the badge registration system alone, and as Transmute suggested, check out the CCI 2015 Room Sharing Thread (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).

Disclaimer:
Please note that the administrators and moderators are not responsible for anything that occurs between potential roommates and/or hotel sharing transactions.  We simply provide a thread--a venue--to allow interested people to contact each other, but it is always good for both sides to proceed with a bit of caution and common sense.  ^__~

(Yes, I do have to mention that every so often. ^__^  Ha ha.)

Offline Matcine

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #820 on: February 19, 2015, 12:44:37 AM »
Hi everyone!

My name is Mathieu (Mat, I know it's easier for English-speaking people that have troubles with the "ieu" part  ;D), I'm from Paris, France.
I attended SDCC for the first time last year, I was lucky enough to get a 4-day badge + PN. For this year, I got the 4-day badge during pre-reg and hopefully I can get the PN on Saturday!

I had been on the forum before, without registering, and since the community looks so nice and helpful, I thought it was time to join!

Hope I can meet some of you in San Diego  :)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #821 on: February 19, 2015, 12:59:52 AM »
Hi everyone!

My name is Mathieu (Mat, I know it's easier for English-speaking people that have troubles with the "ieu" part  ;D), I'm from Paris, France.
I attended SDCC for the first time last year, I was lucky enough to get a 4-day badge + PN. For this year, I got the 4-day badge during pre-reg and hopefully I can get the PN on Saturday!

I had been on the forum before, without registering, and since the community looks so nice and helpful, I thought it was time to join!

Hope I can meet some of you in San Diego  :)

Welcome to the forums, Mathieu!  It's great to see that you decided to join the dark side, I mean, the forum community!  ^__~

I wish you the best of luck for Preview Night.  (>__< We all know it's guaranteed to sell out fast.)

Keep an eye out for the forum meet-up threads in the next upcoming months.  They're definitely good ways to meet a few line buddies, and some people may even turn out to be life-long friends.

(@Chris C: See!  Slowly converting forum lurker to forum member one at a time! Ha ha.)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 01:02:04 AM by Zero »

Offline Sarahharas

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #822 on: February 19, 2015, 05:25:31 AM »
Welcome to the forums, Sarah! ^__^/  Glad that you could join us in our online community!

Working together in a badge-buying group will help more than attacking the badge registration system alone, and as Transmute suggested, check out the CCI 2015 Room Sharing Thread (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).

Disclaimer:
Please note that the administrators and moderators are not responsible for anything that occurs between potential roommates and/or hotel sharing transactions.  We simply provide a thread--a venue--to allow interested people to contact each other, but it is always good for both sides to proceed with a bit of caution and common sense.  ^__~

(Yes, I do have to mention that every so often. ^__^  Ha ha.)

Thanks! I've bookmarked the thread and I'll wait till saturday to see if I get badges. Maybe more people are waiting till saturday and there'll be more posts then?

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #823 on: February 19, 2015, 06:01:36 AM »
Thanks! I've bookmarked the thread and I'll wait till saturday to see if I get badges. Maybe more people are waiting till saturday and there'll be more posts then?

That's certainly possible.  I'm sure a lot of people will be waiting until Saturday as well.  ^__^d

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #824 on: February 19, 2015, 06:05:35 AM »
Hi Mathieu! I took enough French that I *think* I'm mentally pronouncing your name correctly. ;) Great to see you here! As Zero said, we will be organizing forum meetups at the con again this year, so be sure to attend one or two (or a few) and meet up with some of us!