Author Topic: Introductions/Welcome Thread  (Read 196840 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Introductions/Welcome Thread
« Reply #930 on: July 21, 2015, 12:40:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
: Hey there guys. Been real busy lately sorting out a portfolio of my best comic based art.I would love some help or advice on how to get myself seen. I also am selling alot of one off pieces. Check out my instagram for more. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I love to draw cosplayers and I'm a long time die hard comic geek.
I would to share my art with you guys and hopefully get a table at a conference.
Lemmi

Hi there, Gloombird!  Welcome to the Friends of Comic-Con forum community!  Glad that you could join us.

Just wanted to let you know that personal sales and advertising on the forums isn't allowed, mostly as a precaution to protect our forum members from spammers and scammers.  (As of right now, the only exception for that is if a convention's registration policy allows people to resell their badges and if the person resells the badge at-cost, with no bribes, fees, or extras.) 

With that said, for an aspiring artist like yourself, my advice is to try to attend some local conventions and join their artist alleys to make your name and artwork known.  It might take some time and money, so definitely take great consideration in which ones you choose to attend.  Use facebook and make a fan page to show your artwork as well.  Get a deviantart page if you don't already have one and images of your artwork on it.  Social media can be a big factor in getting your name known, and subscribers to your account can share cool artwork and the like to get help you started and market your personal brand. 

Click on the spoiler tag:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hope that helps, and I wish you the best of luck!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:56:17 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Gloombird

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #931 on: July 21, 2015, 02:38:29 PM »
Sorry I didn't mean to advertise or sell. I really just have a passion for the comic world.  I have done since I was small. I'm 29 now so it's a while.
How would I find local cons and getting on artists alley?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #932 on: Today at 12:31:08 PM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #932 on: July 21, 2015, 02:55:18 PM »
Sorry I didn't mean to advertise or sell. I really just have a passion for the comic world.  I have done since I was small. I'm 29 now so it's a while.
How would I find local cons and getting on artists alley?

No worries!  Just a friendly tip (and reminder to anyone who stumbles upon this thread).  ^__~  It's great to have aspiring artists on the forum!

Check out this website here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Or, this one here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   [This has information for both comic conventions and anime/manga (Japanese cartoon/comic) conventions, if you're interested in attending both types of conventions.  Change the filter in the Calendar settings to focus your search.]

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:57:50 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline JoAngel20

• Freebie Table
  • Nothing lasts forever...
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #933 on: July 24, 2015, 07:34:00 PM »
Hi, I'm Holly.
I've lived in San Diego my entire life, and I'm currently in Hillcrest/Mission Hills.
This is my 15th Comic-Con, and I've been going since I was three years old. 
I'm a big fan of comics, graphic novels, film, and fashion.
For the first time, I'll be alone for part of the con, so I'm looking forward to exploring on my own, and meeting new people. ^-^

15th con! Woah lucky you! I'm hoping to go to my first this year  :)
"Thank you for your cooperation"

Offline sassafrass

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 19
Officially on
« Reply #934 on: August 01, 2015, 12:15:26 PM »
Glad to be on here it feels like its been forever since I've talked to everyone, I mean we did go to different high schools together

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Offline sassafrass

• Freebie Table
« Reply #935 on: August 01, 2015, 12:37:05 PM »
Hi im jopari's roommate and friend , I've been going to sdcc for the last 10 years , glad to be part of the forum , if there is anything I can help with let me know

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
Re: Officially on
« Reply #936 on: August 01, 2015, 01:18:23 PM »
Glad to be on here it feels like its been forever since I've talked to everyone, I mean we did go to different high schools together

Hi im jopari's roommate and friend , I've been going to sdcc for the last 10 years , glad to be part of the forum , if there is anything I can help with let me know

Hello there, sassafrass!  Welcome to the forums.  Glad that you could join us in our community.  (Does this mean you're implying that this is like a college campus?  ;p)

What are some of your favorite TV shows, comics, movies, etc.? 

Ten years is a long time!  Congratulations on being a ten-year Comic-Con veteran!  There are quite a few forum members who are also veterans of the convention.  What are some things you can tell us about the convention ten years ago?  I bet there are some interesting stories here and there.

--------------------------------------
Forum Housekeeping:
Merged new thread (called "Officially on")  into the "Introductions/Welcome" thread, so that it will be housed in the proper location and other forum members can more easily welcome you to the forums.

^__~
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 01:22:26 PM by Zero »

Offline sassafrass

• Freebie Table
« Reply #937 on: August 01, 2015, 01:24:38 PM »
No its just I wierd statement thats not supposed to make sense lol as far as movies and shows that's a tough one  you'd have to pick a category movies or shows obvious ones Game of Thrones walking dead daredevil on Netflix  movies would be a lot of the Marvel stuff sarcastic comedies, action basically name a movie and I've probably saw it and most likely like it

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #938 on: August 01, 2015, 03:43:44 PM »
Daredevil on Netflix= near & dear
so glad they got the early 'go ahead' for a season 2, really looking forward to Electra

welcome btw ;)
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #939 on: August 01, 2015, 04:20:04 PM »
No its just I wierd statement thats not supposed to make sense lol as far as movies and shows that's a tough one  you'd have to pick a category movies or shows obvious ones Game of Thrones walking dead daredevil on Netflix  movies would be a lot of the Marvel stuff sarcastic comedies, action basically name a movie and I've probably saw it and most likely like it

Hahahahaha, okay, cool.

Hm... when I think of "Marvel" and "sarcastic," my mind immediately goes to Robert Downey, Jr. in Iron Man or Iron Man 2.  Ha ha.  I love the moments where Tony is designing and tinkering with the suits, making commentary on how to fix or improve them.  Good times.  (I also just recently re-watched those again, ha ha.)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #940 on: August 03, 2015, 02:26:11 AM »
Great to see you here Sassafrass! Any friend of Jopari's is a friend of ours!

Offline highgiant

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 83
« Reply #941 on: November 05, 2015, 04:20:27 PM »
Hi, I'm the new guy!

I'm Darren,

30 M from Ireland. I'm visiting America July 2016 for 3 and a half weeks the main reason being to see a friend who now lives in America (In Atlanta) but I'm taking in a few states while over so as part of the trip I've booked flights to / b&b accommodation in San Diego from the 18th July to the 25th so hoping I can get lucky and get a Comic Con Ticket as its pretty much a once in a life time trip.

I'm particularly interested in talking to any one who would be interested in joining up together in the open registration to improve our chances of getting tickets.

I'm happy to talk to people around the fourms / facebook / skype etc... to prove I'm real and genuine so see you all around the forum :)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #942 on: November 05, 2015, 04:24:13 PM »
Welcome, Highgiant!

There are a number of Brits on this board (not sure we have anyone from Ireland, though, other than you) who come to SDCC, so you are not alone!

We run buying groups on this site to help each other get badges. If you are interested in participating, we will be setting up those buying groups early in the new year. You are certainly welcome to participate!

Offline highgiant

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 83
« Reply #943 on: November 05, 2015, 04:26:33 PM »
That's great, yeah I would definitely be interested in that alright and good to see a quick response on the forums as well :)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #944 on: November 05, 2015, 05:49:23 PM »
are you on facebook Darren?

you may want to watch an ep of the hangout i do with Ukdeejay.  He runs a fb group for britts who go to sdcc....
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5