Author Topic: Introductions/Welcome Thread  (Read 197028 times)

Offline gabriel1013

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 17
Re: Introductions/Welcome Thread
« Reply #1095 on: August 01, 2016, 04:24:28 PM »
My name is Gabriel. I've been going to various cons for a few years now. This was my first where I met a lot of forum members. I'm glad too (everyone was super nice and easy to talk to). I can't wait to see some of them again either in NY or hopefully next year in SD.

My favorite superhero show right now is The Flash. I really only watch Arrow because of the crossovers. Same with Supergirl. Legends is pretty good, but Arrow is still my number 1....as far as DC. I think Marvel is doing it right with all their shows. I can't wait until Luke Cage comes out.
And I'm also a recent Marvel pin collector. Thanks Comicon.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #1096 on: August 01, 2016, 05:53:21 PM »
I'm glad you were able to meet up with some forum members during the con, Gabriel. But that doesn't have to be all! If you hang out with us here on the site, you'll have company all year long as you plan your cons. ;)

Welcome to the site!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #1097 on: Today at 06:57:01 AM »

Offline gabriel1013

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #1097 on: August 01, 2016, 07:51:38 PM »
Oh I plan on it

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #1098 on: August 01, 2016, 08:46:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My name is Gabriel. I've been going to various cons for a few years now. This was my first where I met a lot of forum members. I'm glad too (everyone was super nice and easy to talk to). I can't wait to see some of them again either in NY or hopefully next year in SD.

My favorite superhero show right now is The Flash. I really only watch Arrow because of the crossovers. Same with Supergirl. Legends is pretty good, but Arrow is still my number 1....as far as DC. I think Marvel is doing it right with all their shows. I can't wait until Luke Cage comes out.
And I'm also a recent Marvel pin collector. Thanks Comicon.

Welcome to the Friends of Comic-Con Forum, Gabriel!  A pleasure to have you join us, and I'm glad that you were able to connect with some forum members at Comic-Con this year.  :]  I'm certain you'll see some familiar faces at NYCC in October as well as SDCC next July.

My favorite superhero TV series is The Flash as well.  I'm excited to see what happens in season three!  Can't wait until fall.  Ha ha.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline gabriel1013

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #1099 on: August 12, 2016, 09:56:41 PM »
Yes. Hopefully we can all be line buddies again. I like to put names to faces lol

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #1100 on: August 13, 2016, 04:40:47 AM »
yes,
the meet ups are fun too  ;)
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline JeThe7th

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #1101 on: November 14, 2016, 11:05:50 PM »
Hi all!  ^-^

Brand new to this forum, will be attending my first CC (hopefully) next year! I live in Australia so it's been a bit difficult to attend beforehand haha. Not sure what else to say, you want to be brief but there's a lot to people - in general :P ;) I've only attended a few cons here, AVCon and Oz Comic-Con, the latter of which I was working. Oh boy. My legs and back after that weekend haha! Hoping to cosplay next year, each year I try to go a little better. Last year went as Cheryl from Archer, this year managed to madly create my avatar from Pokemon Go within a week haha not the greatest but that's okay :) the point is to have fun and show your enjoyment for whatever is your favourite thing at the time. Fingers crossed next year I can pull of a double cosplay of Lulu from FFX and Olivier Mira Armstrong from FMA:BH   :D So if anyone knows of a good material store/sewing machine in California please let me know! Haha

I was actually introduced to this forum by my friend, [member=1233]jopari[/member] :) Hi! Looking forward to all of this and attending the motherland of Cons with you next year! ^-^ <3

~ JeThe7th
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 11:08:18 PM by JeThe7th »
~ JeThe7th

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1102 on: November 15, 2016, 05:31:57 AM »
Hi all!  ^-^

Brand new to this forum, will be attending my first CC (hopefully) next year! I live in Australia so it's been a bit difficult to attend beforehand haha. Not sure what else to say, you want to be brief but there's a lot to people - in general :P ;) I've only attended a few cons here, AVCon and Oz Comic-Con, the latter of which I was working. Oh boy. My legs and back after that weekend haha! Hoping to cosplay next year, each year I try to go a little better. Last year went as Cheryl from Archer, this year managed to madly create my avatar from Pokemon Go within a week haha not the greatest but that's okay :) the point is to have fun and show your enjoyment for whatever is your favourite thing at the time. Fingers crossed next year I can pull of a double cosplay of Lulu from FFX and Olivier Mira Armstrong from FMA:BH   :D So if anyone knows of a good material store/sewing machine in California please let me know! Haha

I was actually introduced to this forum by my friend, [member=1233]jopari[/member] :) Hi! Looking forward to all of this and attending the motherland of Cons with you next year! ^-^ <3

~ JeThe7th

Welcome to the forums, [member=6570]JeThe7th[/member]!  So glad that you can join our community!  It's always nice to see new people here.

What's AV Con like?  What about Oz Comic-Con?  What did you enjoy most about those two conventions?

Ah, the good ol' days of Final Fantasy and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.  Awesome choices!   :] I agree that a big part of cosplaying is having fun and supporting your favorite series or character. 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline bobby1977

• Sails Pavilion
Hello/making new friends/Comic con
« Reply #1103 on: January 11, 2017, 02:21:20 AM »
Hello I live in Wales in the UK. I would love to fly over one year to attend San Diego Comic con, It would be nice If I could make some friends who attend comic Com. I have seen the videos on You-tube and it's something I would love to experience.
R.S.Davies

Offline Transmute Jun

Re: Hello/making new friends/Comic con
« Reply #1104 on: January 11, 2017, 08:14:39 AM »
Welcome. Bobby! You're in the right place! We're all very friendly here, and we love to discuss cons!

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #1105 on: January 11, 2017, 08:54:40 AM »
Welcome! There are plenty of meet-ups in the days leading up to, during, and after comic con if you'd like to meet people as well!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1106 on: January 11, 2017, 11:03:21 PM »
Hello I live in Wales in the UK. I would love to fly over one year to attend San Diego Comic con, It would be nice If I could make some friends who attend comic Com. I have seen the videos on You-tube and it's something I would love to experience.

Welcome to the forums, [member=6531]bobby1977[/member]!  Glad that you could join us.  You'll definitely find a lot of friendly people here.  If you haven't already, please take a moment to browse around the various areas and threads we have available.  There's plenty of great information catalogued around these parts.  :]

---------

Forum Housekeeping:

Merged this new thread with the forum community's already established "Introductions/Welcome" thread in our "Off-Topic Chat" section.

(This is to prevent confusion between two threads with a similar line of discussion.)  ^__^d

Offline bobby1977

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #1107 on: January 12, 2017, 11:03:11 AM »
Does anyone use Facebook or twitter?
R.S.Davies

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #1108 on: January 12, 2017, 11:32:23 AM »
Does anyone use Facebook or twitter?

This site has both a Facebook page and a Twitter account.

Offline deadlyhausfrau

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #1109 on: February 28, 2017, 12:44:44 PM »
Hello all. I'm Khai and I've been to SDCC for around ten years. My husband's from SD and has been going for most of his life. We live over on the East Coast with my service dog Fargo and a pair of weird cats.

The last few years I have been going with a professional friend, but this year she isn't coming (she's foreign and worried about the US Border). Turns out guests of professionals don't count as returning attendees, so I'm having to brave open registration. Wish me luck!