Author Topic: Introductions/Welcome Thread  (Read 196867 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Introductions/Welcome Thread
« Reply #525 on: September 20, 2013, 11:40:48 AM »
Sounds like you've got lots of great con plans, Nicole!

Offline nvj29

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #526 on: September 20, 2013, 12:09:04 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sounds like you've got lots of great con plans, Nicole!

I do and hope to follow through with all either with my partner in crime or solo, although the first option most time is the best.  8)
Posts, retweets, live tweets & comments of all things related to Me & My Nerd. @MeMyNerd/twitter & Tumblr

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #527 on: Today at 03:27:10 PM »

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #527 on: September 20, 2013, 02:11:10 PM »
I do and hope to follow through with all either with my partner in crime or solo, although the first option most time is the best.  8)

Hey, as many as you can get! I went to 4 cons last year and it looks like I might do 4 again this year. And next year I'm looking at adding ECCC in the mix, so it might even be 5! I guess I'm becoming an addict... welcome to the club!

Welcome to Con Addicts Anonymous, where we have a 12 step program for encouraging your addiction to cons...

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #528 on: September 24, 2013, 01:46:34 PM »
I think a few of us here average at least 2-3 Cons a year!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #529 on: September 24, 2013, 07:23:04 PM »
Greetings  ;),

I'm Nicole from Phila, PA and I found this forum via FB from something else I was looking at, needless to say this forum is great. 2014 SDCC will be my first time attending (hopefully) as I have began the planning process. First con I attended was Wizard World Philly 2013 and loved it. Attended the John Barrowman panel (seen other panels online) and purchased a TARDIS, couldn't have been  any happier. Even took my nephew, friend and her son which they enjoyed as well.

I had planned to attend NYCC 2013 but waited to late to get tickets. Now I'm setting my sights on SDCC 2014, Vampire Diaries Con and Supernatural Con that take place in Jersey 2014. All are marked in my calendar w/reminders. Since my sister moved to ATL, I'm going to make a plan to attend Dragon Con 2014 also. I already have cosplay ideas for SDCC, priced airfare and pre-booked two hotels, so I just need a badge. And any advice from vets of SDCC to a first timer. Sometime in my future I would love to attend Supanova in Australia and MCM Expo in the UK.

Hello there, Nicole!  Welcome to the forums!

Definitely keep up with the various threads in our little community.  There's plenty of information to help each other with SDCCI 2014 badge registration, and as the days pass by, there will be more interesting and helpful tidbits posted by our fellow forum members.

Like Chris Chen said, it would be great to hear about the other conventions you visit as well!  I know there are Supernatural and Vampire Diaries fans on the forums somewhere... *laughs* ^__~
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Six2midnight

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #530 on: September 27, 2013, 07:10:32 AM »
Hello Everyone!

My names is Jessica, I'm from Central New Jersey. Next year will be my first SDCC (fingers crossed). Finding this forum was great!! I was a bit nervous about going alone, but after reading through the forums you guys have made me feel at ease. I have attended NYCC for the past 3 years. This year I'll be there on Friday. :) I'm a fan of Torchwood, Lost Girl, Doctor Who, Walking Dead, and the list goes on.

I guess that's it, God I'm horrible at online introductions, sorry :)

Online alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #531 on: September 27, 2013, 07:45:24 AM »
no worries abt the horrible introductions- we're all a bit wonky <grin> or perhaps i should just speak for myself. lol

If going alone, I think the best thing to do this early in the process is to find someone to room & team up with.  This way you can help each other with badges and look for a hotel room too.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Six2midnight

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #532 on: September 27, 2013, 08:16:14 AM »
no worries abt the horrible introductions- we're all a bit wonky <grin> or perhaps i should just speak for myself. lol

If going alone, I think the best thing to do this early in the process is to find someone to room & team up with.  This way you can help each other with badges and look for a hotel room too.

Thanks for the tip!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #533 on: September 27, 2013, 09:07:02 AM »
If you're familiar with NYCC, I'm sure you'll take to SDCC very easily! Great to see you here, Jessica!

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #534 on: September 27, 2013, 09:34:02 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Six2midnight

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #535 on: September 27, 2013, 05:29:34 PM »
Thanks everyone  ;D

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #536 on: September 28, 2013, 05:04:40 AM »
Hello Everyone!

My names is Jessica, I'm from Central New Jersey. Next year will be my first SDCC (fingers crossed). Finding this forum was great!! I was a bit nervous about going alone, but after reading through the forums you guys have made me feel at ease. I have attended NYCC for the past 3 years. This year I'll be there on Friday. :) I'm a fan of Torchwood, Lost Girl, Doctor Who, Walking Dead, and the list goes on.

I guess that's it, God I'm horrible at online introductions, sorry :)

Greetings, Jessica!  ^__^/  Welcome to the forums! 

I would like to recommend trying to stay active on the forums to find a few (or several) forum friends to help with badge buying when it eventually comes around.  Having someone back you up can really make a difference!  There is also the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, so when it's time for hotels, there may be some good offers available. 

Check out some of the links mentioned in the "List of Helpful Threads"--mentioned in my signature--if you haven't already gone through them.   Some of the links, in addition to the usual topics like badges and hotels, include good places to eat out around the San Diego Convention Center, tips/items for Comic-Con, etc.  I periodically update and add new links as the year progresses.  ^__^d

Once again, welcome to the forums!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Online takit0

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 92
« Reply #537 on: October 26, 2013, 01:21:56 AM »
Hey, I'm Loralei.

I'm new-ish to SDCC community; I've had badges both in 2012 and 2013, but only attended in 2013. I have been apart of this forum for about a year, but have never posted. Guess that's where my shy demeanor kicks in, haha.

I've been to my fair share of cons since I was 11, none outside of Florida, except for SDCC now. I find myself to be more of a sci-fi fan when it comes to TV. I’ve noticed for the most part that we can count on them to be on for at least one full season, and then get canceled somewhere around seasons 2-4.

Comic Con ’13 was my first time on the other side of the United States. I had an incredible time out there, despite going alone, and I can’t wait to go back. Reading this forum and talking to some of you helped me prepare for my trip out there, so I thank-you all. 

Now all I hope is that we don’t preregister on my birthday (Nov. 16th), even though it would be a nice birthday present to myself.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 01:26:05 AM by Takit0 »
2023: SDCC & Fantastic Fest
2024: ...

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #538 on: October 26, 2013, 07:39:21 AM »
Welcome, Loralei! I'm so glad you stepped out of he shadows to introduce yourself! It's great to know that this board is helping people like you. I know it as been a big help to me as well.

You say that you are shy, but you came out to San Diego by yourself! I think you can be brave when it's important to you. I hope to see more if yours posts on this board.

I suspect pre-reg might be on your birthday. Hopefully if it is, you will get a fantastic birthday present! :D. It could also be the week before or week after. We're all just waiting nervously to find out.

Great to see you here!

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #539 on: October 28, 2013, 08:54:58 AM »
Hey, I'm Loralei.

I'm new-ish to SDCC community; I've had badges both in 2012 and 2013, but only attended in 2013. I have been apart of this forum for about a year, but have never posted. Guess that's where my shy demeanor kicks in, haha.

Welcome Loralei!   Not sure if I had posted this welcome pic yet:

Please feel free to jump in on any of the threads that interest you.