Author Topic: Getting tickets for NYCC 2015 ----chat  (Read 40609 times)

Offline JimmyT85

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
Getting tickets for NYCC 2015 ----chat
« on: November 05, 2014, 04:57:57 AM »
Hello all, I hope everyone is well  :)

Me and 4 friends are visiting NYC next October, for the purpose of attending NYCC 2015 (it's mine and a friend's 30th birthday, so we thought we'd try and do it in style). The flights and hotel have been booked (staying in Long Island), so the only main thing left is to get tickets for NYCC.

We'll be visiting from the UK, and I have a question regarding getting tickets.

I've tried looking online for information, but some information has been a bit sketchy, so I hope it's okay asking some questions here.

Does anyone know when we can expect the tickets to go on sale? And do we have to register first?

When we thought about doing a US con, we thought about doing SDCC at first, but after hearing horror stories about their ticketing scheme, we admitted defeat (early) and decided that we would attend NYCC.

Do we have a good chance of getting tickets, or will it be as hard as getting tickets for NYCC? I believe NYCC tickets go out in "waves", and if this is true, how does one apply to be a part of a certain wave?

I apologise if my questions seem vague/stupid.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 10:08:45 AM by alyssa »

Offline nvj29

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 40
Re: Getting tickets for NYCC
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 06:33:24 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hello all, I hope everyone is well  :)

Me and 4 friends are visiting NYC next October, for the purpose of attending NYCC 2015 (it's mine and a friend's 30th birthday, so we thought we'd try and do it in style). The flights and hotel have been booked (staying in Long Island), so the only main thing left is to get tickets for NYCC.

We'll be visiting from the UK, and I have a question regarding getting tickets.

I've tried looking online for information, but some information has been a bit sketchy, so I hope it's okay asking some questions here.

Does anyone know when we can expect the tickets to go on sale? And do we have to register first?

When we thought about doing a US con, we thought about doing SDCC at first, but after hearing horror stories about their ticketing scheme, we admitted defeat (early) and decided that we would attend NYCC.

Do we have a good chance of getting tickets, or will it be as hard as getting tickets for NYCC? I believe NYCC tickets go out in "waves", and if this is true, how does one apply to be a part of a certain wave?

I apologise if my questions seem vague/stupid.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Hi and Welcome,

Not a stupid question at all....Last year was the 1st time I and a friend attended NYCC & SDCC as well. Since I attended SDCC first it helped me prep for NYCC.

Things you need to know...
- You do not need to register to buy badges like at SDCC, only once you have your badge you register it online for safety in case it get lost or stolen.
- NYCC dates are Oct 8-12, 2015
- sign up for emails from their website You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. This is the best place for answers.
- if you're on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram....follow their pages to stay up to date. At the bottom the their webpage has links to follow.
- Tickets are sold in waves...last year VIP and Kids were sold first and then the single days and three day badges. They were also sold on a weekday (12pm EST) so if  that happens again, plan to be at a computer based on your corresponding time zone.
- During any Con I attend I also follow on Twitter SDCC Unofficial Blog @SD_Comic_Con & sdccblog.com. They inform on more than just SDCC.

Hope this helps.
Posts, retweets, live tweets & comments of all things related to Me & My Nerd. @MeMyNerd/twitter & Tumblr

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Getting tickets for NYCC 2015 ----chat
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:56:46 PM »

Offline JimmyT85

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 07:15:54 AM »
Hi and Welcome,

Not a stupid question at all....Last year was the 1st time I and a friend attended NYCC & SDCC as well. Since I attended SDCC first it helped me prep for NYCC.

Things you need to know...
- You do not need to register to buy badges like at SDCC, only once you have your badge you register it online for safety in case it get lost or stolen.
- sign up for emails from their website You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. This is the best place for answers.
- if you're on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram....follow their pages to stay up to date. At the bottom the their webpage has links to follow.
- Tickets are sold in waves...last year VIP and Kids were sold first and then the single days and three day badges. They were also sold on a weekday (12pm EST) so if  that happens again, plan to be at a computer based on your corresponding time zone.
- During any Con I attend I also follow on Twitter SDCC Unofficial Blog @SD_Comic_Con & sdccblog.com. They inform on more than just SDCC.

Hope this helps.

Hi nvj, thank you for the post :)

That's great to hear there is no pre-registration. May I ask what the process is for getting tickets? Do you get put into a queue or something when you go on the site?

I have signed up, thanks for the tip.

I will be sure to do this.

Excellent, thanks. That would mean around 5pm early evening my time, so I will make sure once the on-sale dates are announced, I'll be able to access the site.

Thanks again, really appreciate your help.

Offline nvj29

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 07:47:53 AM »
Hi nvj, thank you for the post :)

That's great to hear there is no pre-registration. May I ask what the process is for getting tickets? Do you get put into a queue or something when you go on the site?

Thanks again, really appreciate your help.

You do get put into a queue and the screen will change when it's your turn to purchase. I know that they mail tickets and on the website there's an info section about international mailing.

I hope one year to attend MCM Expo.
Posts, retweets, live tweets & comments of all things related to Me & My Nerd. @MeMyNerd/twitter & Tumblr

Offline JimmyT85

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 12:49:11 PM »
You do get put into a queue and the screen will change when it's your turn to purchase. I know that they mail tickets and on the website there's an info section about international mailing.

I hope one year to attend MCM Expo.

Thanks again, I appreciate it :)

I hope you get to visit, that would be awesome. Funnily enough, I've never been to an MCM con! I've been to Kapow, London Super Comic Con, and Thought Bubble, but never an MCM con! I attended London Film and Comic Con a few weeks ago, and got to meet my childhood hero Ralph Macchio. Best day of my life!

Offline nvj29

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 01:10:51 PM »
There are a few other Cons I want to attend that are all over the globe. So far I've attended NYCC, SDCC and Philadelphia Wizard World twice.

Offline Mario_c

• Ballroom 20
  • Comedian, Comic Book Writer, Fashionisto
    • My Links
  • Liked: 53
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 05:44:40 AM »
Is anyone planning on going to Special Edition NYC to get their pass for NYCC?

They did that last year before the general online sale, and from what I could see the line on the main floor was looooooooong BUT the line to get passes right where you pick up that event's badges was maybe 4-5 people deep when I walked over there.

The only downside is that you can only purchase one NYCC pass and they mark your SE badge to enforce this. Also, they had a fit on level with asking for Extra dipping sauce at McDonalds when I had them register the badge under someone else's name (I already had pro passes).

Offline riotgirl77

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 66
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 09:59:25 PM »
Are they selling NYCC passes there again? Could've sworn Brian mentioned that the only reason why they sold NYCC tix there was a way of saying "thank you" to fans who came out to the inaugural SE: NYC

I may go since I didn't really walk around Artist Alley and didn't shop for comic books

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 06:04:32 AM »
AA was a blast at nycc2014

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline NYRider

• Hall H
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 10:15:32 AM »
Are they selling NYCC passes there again? Could've sworn Brian mentioned that the only reason why they sold NYCC tix there was a way of saying "thank you" to fans who came out to the inaugural SE: NYC

I may go since I didn't really walk around Artist Alley and didn't shop for comic books

Noting official on whether they plan to sell NYCC tickets at SE:NYC this year. The NYCC ticket info on the SE:NYC was for 2014 show. They haven't even announced dates for SE:NYC yet.

Offline riotgirl77

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 03:38:06 PM »
AA was a blast at nycc2014

Oh man I regret not walking around Artist Alley at NYCC 14...argh! I think  I just stopped there for a bit...looked around  and went back the other way since my feet hurt lol.

Offline riotgirl77

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 03:38:38 PM »
Noting official on whether they plan to sell NYCC tickets at SE:NYC this year. The NYCC ticket info on the SE:NYC was for 2014 show. They haven't even announced dates for SE:NYC yet.

Ah ok..thanks!

Offline JimmyT85

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 05:51:27 AM »
Hello all

Time is ticking by, and every day brings us closer to the ticket sale date!

I'm getting increasingly worried each day that it's going to be impossible to get tickets, but I'll try to keep the faith!

Flights and hotel are all booked, just waiting for the tickets to go on sale.

After reading about the horrors of last year, I hope this year is better to get tickets!

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 05:07:58 PM »
Tickets did not go on sale last year until June.

I'm optimistic they'll sell them a bit earlier this year but it's still likely going to be a while.
"Wax On, Wax Off"

Offline NYRider

• Hall H
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 12:59:15 PM »
Just announced a limited batch of NYCC tickets will be available to buy at SE:NYC again this year. This does not include NYCC VIP tickets.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 07:17:32 AM by NYRider »