Author Topic: the annual couch potato thread or what's your preferd 'get in shape' activity?  (Read 129176 times)

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I need to get in on this StepBet!   I could have been killing it all this time! ;)

My Fitbit one completely died recently...put thousands of miles on it over 2 years so now I have a new Charge 2 Fitbit. 

This Saturday will be my second time doing the American Lung Association’s stair climb event in Los Angeles.   It’s going to be very warm that day and my wave isn’t until 11:45 am so I may not beat last year’s time.  I won’t kill myself trying to beat I though as the important thing is that I’m doing this for lung disease research and to honor my late father.
I am thinking your Fitbit died from exhaustion! You are a step-master, that's for sure. Good luck with the stair climb event. Such a noble cause.

We need to do another Weekend Warrior challenge soon.
Ang

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 359
I'm doing the weight watchers freestyle program now and starting to get into the groove of how to stick to it and feel full. I've also just finished week 1 of the Couch to 5k program. I've used this before and it really helps. My body is already starting to remember what it felt like when I was running a couple miles a day!

I think I'm on good track for my SDCC goal as well as my end of year goal.
Do these tacos taste funny to you?

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
I'm doing the weight watchers freestyle program now and starting to get into the groove of how to stick to it and feel full. I've also just finished week 1 of the Couch to 5k program. I've used this before and it really helps. My body is already starting to remember what it felt like when I was running a couple miles a day!

I think I'm on good track for my SDCC goal as well as my end of year goal.
I am loving the Freestyle program. Down 45 pounds so far. It's been a slower go this time around because I have been taking more breaks, but it is a workable plan.
Ang

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
It's taken me a bit to find the groove with it but I think its working now. As I'm phasing out meat I'm just struggling to find quick protein. It's been so busy at work and I've just been exhausted so cooking and preparing has been the harder part. But as I get less busy that is getting easier too. Trying out some "beyond meat chicken strips" this weekend.

Offline Emerald_Mom

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 234
[member=364]Angology[/member] ... how long have you been doing the WW Freestyle?  I have been considering starting it and was wondering how effective it was ?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
[member=364]Angology[/member] ... how long have you been doing the WW Freestyle?  I have been considering starting it and was wondering how effective it was ?
Only from the beginning of the year (when it started), but have been on WW since May of last year. I have taken breaks for cons, and  Thanksgiving to New Year’s day, so I think I would have lost more had I not. I am taking amore relaxed approach these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ang

Offline Emerald_Mom

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 234
Only from the beginning of the year (when it started), but have been on WW since May of last year. I have taken breaks for cons, and  Thanksgiving to New Year’s day, so I think I would have lost more had I not. I am taking amore relaxed approach these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dr tells me slow and steady is the way to go for lasting results and to learn to change your eating habits. I think I will give WW a try... thanks for answering my question.   :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
Dr tells me slow and steady is the way to go for lasting results and to learn to change your eating habits. I think I will give WW a try... thanks for answering my question.   :)
Words cannot express how much I love that corn is a free food. And eggs and chicken breast and beans, etc. etc. I try not to overdo them, but it's nice to have them as options when you are hungry.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Ang

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
Back on the SDCCFit wagon...back to riding, and did 15.6 miles today.  Starting to train to ride at least 3x a week until SDCC at least :)
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline superkatchick

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 129
I'm still learning to navigate the FitBit app but I'm always looking for some accountability and motivation and trying to do weekly challenges, if anyone would like to add me my email is [email protected]!

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
Yaknow that's a good idear.  Anyone on Strava?
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
I'm still learning to navigate the FitBit app but I'm always looking for some accountability and motivation and trying to do weekly challenges, if anyone would like to add me my email is [email protected]!
I sent you an invitation from Angela C.

For anyone else, my fitbit public profile is here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ang

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
I need to get in on this StepBet!   I could have been killing it all this time! ;)

I really enjoy it and it keeps me motivated. I've "won" every StepBet I've done (you win by just complete the steps it sets for you). Which winning just means I get the amount I paid in back and then (usually) a slight profit. I joined up again last week and am back at it again, so for the first time in months, I am meeting my step goals again. Mind you, my daily goal is just under 8k, but it feels good to know I'm doing that because without it and working long hours at my desk job, I'm lucky if I hit 2k per day.
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
I'm doing the weight watchers freestyle program now and starting to get into the groove of how to stick to it and feel full.

I just joined WW (again)! I just finished my first week of this new program. Tomorrow morning I weigh in, so not sure how I did, but I feel like this is easier than some of the previous plans. For me, I'm so happy that eggs are 0 points. I love to eat them for breakfast, but not as much of a fan of egg whites, egg substitutes.
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
It's been a bit slow going for me so far....but I think part of that is just my metabolism is so slow now that I'm rounding into my 40s. So a lot of it right now is just figuring out what does work for me.

The zero points stuff is so awesome. Not only does it open up so many things but just makes it easier to be less obsessive about it. Like I'll realize omg I forgot to track lunch! But it was all zero points fruits and veggies and the only thing that counted was salad dressing or something. Makes it easier to learn to eat better without having to watch every single piece of food that goes into me.