Author Topic: NYCC 2015 Room Sharing Thread  (Read 2800 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
NYCC 2015 Room Sharing Thread
« on: May 14, 2015, 01:30:19 PM »
Kindly follow this format.

Please don't post anywhere else on this site looking for a roommate for NYCC.  ONLY POST HERE!

Please post only once in this thread (to be considerate of your fellow forum members and to avoid spamming the thread).
  Duplicate posts will be deleted without notice.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR DISCUSSION.  In an effort to keep things organized and easy to read through, this is for room sharing requests only.  Conversations in this thread may be deleted without warning.

Please edit/modify your post if the spaces in your room have been taken.
This is so that people can see which rooms are available and which aren't. 

You can also use the strikethrough feature to indicate that your request is closed: [ s]text goes here[/ s]     
Remove the spaces, so it will look like this ==> text goes here

IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one): LOOKING FOR A ROOM   or   LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES
Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: (What is your preferred hotel or area to stay in?)
Days: (Include which days.)
Price Per Night: (Include calculated hotel tax and the like.  If you're looking for a room, just write "N/A" here.)
Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No)
Spaces: (If you're looking for a room, how many people do you want to be in your room?  If you're looking for roommates, how many spaces are available in your room?  Don't forget to include yourself.)

Preferences and Description:
Age Preference of Roommates:
Gender Preference of Roommates: (Type in "all-male," "all-female," or "co-ed.")
Include a brief description about yourself: (Ex: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the room.)
Additional preferences for roommates: (Ex: I prefer someone who is organized and clean.)

NOTE: Do not add your phone number to your post.  To protect our forum members from potential phone scams, phone numbers will be removed without notice.

DISCLAIMER:
The forum administrators and moderators do not vet individuals or agencies that post here!  This thread was created with the intention to provide a designated venue that allows interested individuals to initiate contact with each other for the possibility of sharing a hotel room at San Diego Comic-Con.

Please use your best personal judgement and common sense, and as always, please proceed with caution when arranging any agreements (especially with strangers).  Discuss payment details and rooming expectations thoroughly.

Just a quick word about condo shares:
If you book the condo for a good price, you will find people to share the cost. 
Make sure you understand the *total cost.*  This includes taxes and cleaning fees.

HOW TO CONTACT SOMEONE FOR ROOMS OR ROOMMATES
Go to the person's post in this thread.
Under the profile photo (or avatar), click on the icon that looks like this:
Fill out the "Subject" box with "Comic-Con Room Sharing."
Type in your message to the other person.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline supamike

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
Re: NYCC 2015 Room Sharing Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 10:44:52 AM »
 LOOKING FOR A ROOM 
Name: Mike Thompson
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel:No flop house hotel lol and Walking distance to the con.
Days: Will be flying in on Thursday morning and flying out Sunday morning
Price Per Night: N/A
Smoking/Drinking: Non smoker. Drinker but probably not in the room and mostly when going out at night.
Spaces: Nothing in particular.Depends on size of the room. Ill sleep on the floor. i dont take up much room.
Preferences and Description:No preferences.I get along with pretty much everybody. I'm at the con to get some comics signed and take some pics.Go out at nights and get up and go to the con first thing the next morning.
Age Preference of Roommates: No preference. Maybe at least someones thats 21. If they want to go out after the con.
Gender Preference of Roommates: All male,all female,co-ed.
Include a brief description about yourself: Easy going,no drama,at the con just for getting some comics signed,maybe some meet and greets,non cosplayer,looking to stay within walking of the Javits since ill be going there first thing in the morning and back to the hotel to get more books signed.Im good with a couch or the floor :)
Additional preferences for roommates: No particular preferences,If anything i guess a non smoker and a non smoking room,which thats not a deal breaker. If they want to go out after the con ends thats fine too. Only second time in NYC.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:05:22 PM »

Offline Darnell5000

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 07:13:56 PM »
Looking for Roommates

Name: Darnell
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: No specific hotel picked out yet but I was looking at some in Brooklyn since they're like half the price of the Manhattan hotels. I went to school in Brooklyn for 2 years so I know some areas pretty well (it took about half an hour on subway to get to the con in previous years)
Days: Ideally checking in on Wednesday night and checking out Sunday before the con, or possibly Monday morning if need be
Price Per Night: Nothing picked out yet but probably somewhere in the $100-150 per night range.
Smoking/Drinking: Drinking yes, Smoking no
Spaces: Right now it's just me and a friend so ideally 2-4 more people

Preferences and Description

Age Preference of Roommates:
18+
Gender Preference of Roommates: Co-Ed (I'm male and my friend is female)
Include a brief description about yourself: I'm an aspiring comic book artist. I'm pretty easy going. I may cosplay a couple days if I can afford to put together a costume. I don't think I'll need too much space in the room. I'm not really bringing a whole lot and don't think I'll be buying a crazy amount of stuff or anything too big.
Additional preferences for roommates:Don't want anyone who's too messy(at least not to the point where your stuff is all over the room; if you can contain your mess in your own area that's fine by me) and would prefer people who don't go to sleep too early(like before midnight). Other than that I think I'm pretty open for whoever.

Also open to joining a room if that works out better.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 07:19:01 PM by Darnell5000 »

Offline MagicPotato

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 11:45:40 PM »
**So, my plans fell through this year and I have to figure out new travel arrangements. I bought two 4-day passes then my friend cancelled on me, so I have an extra pass. I was thinking maybe I could use this to barter for a room. I could sell it on ebay and use the cash for hotel costs but I figure maybe someone wants to trade a spot in their room for my extra pass. PM me if interested.**

TYPE OF REQUEST: LOOKING FOR A ROOM
Name: Sean
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Walking distance to con
Days: 7th-11th
Price Per Night: Don’t want anything too crazy expensive

Smoking/Drinking: Prefer non-smokers, but not a deal breaker. Drinking is fine.
Spaces: 1-3 other people

Age Preference of Roommates: 18+
Gender Preference of Roommates: Doesn’t matter to me
Include a brief description about yourself: I am a cosplayer, so I will have costumes and props, but nothing big or crazy. 4th time going to NYYC and it gets better every year. My plans fell through this year so trying to make some new friends to defer costs. I’m quiet, clean, polite and a big nerd. I love most Nerd fandoms (Doctor Who, GoT, Walking Dead, Comics/Comic based Movies/Comic based TV shows, etc…) and I get along with most everyone I meet.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 06:18:02 AM »
one of the things that makes this forum so fun is the 'fans helping fans' feeling.  To promote this we, the mod. team ask folks to not suggest or talk about profiteering on ebay. In addition the suggestion of selling a tix at above cost is actively tracked down by Reed Pop.

^^All that said, i hope everyone has/or will find a place to sleep! I was able to pick up a place in Union City, nj, a 10 min buss ride into PA, if a hotel in Manhattan doesn't happen.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Dedlocke

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 08:30:46 AM »
IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one): LOOKING FOR A ROOM 
Name: Shari
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Within walking distance to the con
Days: Arrive Thursday and leave Sunday
Price Per Night:N/A
Smoking/Drinking: Prefer no smoking
Spaces: I'm alright with 5-6 people, don't mind drinking.

Age Preference of Roommates:Twenties/Thirties
Gender Preference of Roommates: Prefer all female but might consider co-ed
Include a brief description about yourself: My first time to NYCC. I'm a pretty easy going cosplayer that will be spending some time getting ready but keep my area clean and organized. I'm not bringing any big props or anything. Will likely not be spending much time in the room aside sleeping or changing. I might be out late on some nights but will be quiet when I return.
Additional preferences for roommates: Preferably clean and organized but understand how it can be being tired at cons sometimes. I don't mind if there's some drinking in the room.

Offline Mandi1630

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 09:00:57 AM »

IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one): LOOKING FOR A ROOMMATE 
Name: Mandi
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Jersey City
Days: Arrive Wednesday
Price Per Night:$175
Spaces: We're looking for 2 more people. It would make the price $187/person for all days.

Age Preference of Roommates:Twenties/Thirties
Gender Preference of Roommates: Prefer all female
Include a brief description about yourself: Im 29, live in DC and this is my 3rd time going to NYCC and my friends 1st time. There's 2 of us and we're looking to add 2 more to our room to hopefully lessen the costs. This is my 11th con overall, so I definitely have some tips for any first timer. My friend was a native New Yorker before movi to DC so she knows the area and best ways of traveling to the con. We do plan on going to a few of the evening events if you wanna come with!
Additional preferences for roommates: Preferably clean and organized but understand how it can be being tired at cons sometimes. We do plan on going out at least one night, so hopefully our roommates would be ok with us coming in semi late.

Offline EdLarrinaga

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 09:32:55 PM »
IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one): LOOKING FOR A ROOMMATE
Name: Edward
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Hotel pennsylvania 401 7th avenue
Days: Arrive Thursday leave Monday
Price Per Night:$ 225
Spaces: one or two, i am traveling alone. (It would make the price $112 /person for day.)

Age Preference of Roommates: Above 21
Gender Preference of Roommates: Doesn’t matter to me
Include a brief description about yourself: I am 31, from Mexico, this is my first trip to New York and a Comic Con (I always wanted to visit both places). My brother canceled at the last minute so I have an extra badge for free (Friday). I like movies (sci fi, and horror), marvel comics, anime and the good geeky old stuff, and I choose Charizard. I´m  trying to improve my English, so I hope you have some patience with me.
Additional preferences for roommates: I am looking for someone clean and organized, if you want to hang out after the con it will be great.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:36:01 PM by EdLarrinaga »