Author Topic: SDCC 2017 Room Sharing Thread  (Read 20004 times)

Offline otterpop

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Re: SDCC 2017 Room Sharing Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2017, 01:58:57 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES:  I already booked a room and need roommate

Name: Drew
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Travelodge Convention Center (on Logan Ave) — nearby location
Days: Wed Jul 19 — Sunday July 23 (check out Sunday)
Price Per stay: $700 total for stay (free parking - I won’t rent a car)
Smoking/Drinking:  Non-smoking room.  Don’t care about alcohol unless excessive.
Spaces: need 1 more person

Preferences and Description: room has 2 queen size beds; looking for 1 more person for other bed
Age Preference of Roommates: 21+
Gender Preference of Roommates: Co-Ed
Include a brief description about yourself:  I am 50 years old male, second time attending SDCC.  Some favs last year was attending Conan taping, Netflix Marvel preview, John Barrowman and waiting in all those lines (kidding on the last one). Mostly I see this room as a place to recoup, sleep, and leave stuff. 
Additional preferences for roommate: I may be getting up earlier for some lines, but not looking for a roommate who wants all-nighters or parties in the room.  Looking for 1 more roommate, LGBTQ-friendly and who is respectful, neat and courteous.    I was able to get preview night tickets so prefer someone to share room on Wed through Sunday check out.  Write for more information.

Offline Hollywoodtwit

• Sails Pavilion
  • I have 12% of a plan.
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 11:27:34 AM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM TO SHARE
Name: HollywoodTwit (F)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: DoubleTree Downtown
Days: July 19-23
Price Per Night: $62-123 per person per night.
Smoking/Drinking: No/Light
Spaces: 2-4

Preferences and Description: No guarantee of two beds, but asking for it.  Hoping for confirmation before the deposit is due on Friday.  Price will depend on total number of people in room.  If someone just wants to share with 1 person and wants to pay $123/night each, I am cool with that, too.
Age Preference of Roommates: 25+
Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed or all-fema
le
Include a brief description about yourself: Trade professional old enough to have had a crush on Sean Astin in The Goonies; Non-cosplayer, but don't mind sharing with cosplayers.  Non-smoking strongly preferred. I am usually up and out between 6-8a, depending on the panel schedule. I'm usually in bed by 11p-midnight, unless there's a party, but can sleep through anything, so no need to tiptoe if you stay out late.
Additional preferences for roommates: I'm pretty organized myself, but have toured the world and shared spaces with all types of people.  Messy (clothes on the floor; makeup left out on counter spaces) is ok; dirty (smelly socks and leftover food not put away) is not.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 05:28:08 AM by Hollywoodtwit »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 04:50:36 AM »

Offline Citizenvain

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 12:02:03 PM »
Roomie found!

LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE  (We don't have a room and that's not good) 

Names: Mike & Chad
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Downtown. Preferably Hard Rock but anything within walking distance (< 1 mile) will do.
Days: Wed Jul 19 — Monday July 24 (check out Monday)
Price Per stay: We'll pay for the room. Extra costs incurred by you (room service, movies etc.) are your responsibility.

Smoking/Drinking:  No/Knock yourself out
Spaces: Ideally 3 to a room. So, we're looking to room with someone fortunate enough to secure a downtown hotel in the lottery.

Preferences and Description: 2 beds would be nice. Not a deal breaker though.
Age Preference of Roommates: 18+

Gender Preference of Roommates: Co-Ed
Include a brief description about yourself: 40 year old Canadian's attending SDCC for third time. Lifelong fans who spend far too much time reading comics and watching genre shows (Game of Thrones, Daredevil and iZombie are favourites). Among the most chill people you'll ever meet and down to camp out in Hall H with you, hang out all week or leave you the hell alone. Your choice.
Additional preferences for roommates: The cooler and more easy-going the better.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 07:11:07 AM by Citizenvain »

Offline ebrown2112

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 12:44:42 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE

Name: Erik Smith
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Downtown preferred (or anything with reasonable price/distance); Bristol, Best Western Bayside, Hampton Inn SD Downtown, Doubletree Downtown, Four Points by Sheridan preferred
Days: Wednesday 7/19 - Monday 7/24 (if you only want to stay through Sunday, I would be willing to pay for Monday myself as the rates go down after SDCC ends)
Price Per Night: $100-$150
Smoking/Drinking: No smoking, drinking okay(try not to puke on the floor)
Spaces: 2 is best, would be willing to go to 4 if necessary

Preferences and Description:
Gender Preference of Roommates: All-Male or Co-ed
Include a brief description about yourself: Friendly Jersey boy. 46, but I can get along with anyone. I mainly keep to myself, but I don't mind company. Seventh consecutive SDCC. Not a cosplayer but don't mind cosplayers. I'm a night owl, so I don't mind folks coming in late. If you're an early sleeper, I'll try to be quiet as possible. I only have Thursday & Sunday badges, so if I camp out it'll be Wednesday and/or Saturday night. Willing to camp with roommates in shifts.
Additional preferences for roommates: I'm not a neat freak, but I prefer reasonably tidy people (no dirty laundry or garbage lying around, please). I mainly need space for my bags and my laptop. No psychos, please.
 :) Contact me with any questions.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 09:18:50 PM by ebrown2112 »

Offline starrynado

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2017, 10:26:29 AM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMSHARE (Westin Gaslamp)

Name: starrynado
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Westin Gaslamp
Days: Thurs-Monday
Price Per Night: 120 a night with tax split in half.
Smoking/Drinking: I drink but only for a buzz.
Spaces: 1-2 avail

Age Preference of Roommates: Over 21+
Gender Preference of Roommates: All female, co-ed ok

Include a brief description about yourself: 32, First SDCC. Traveling from Texas  Quiet cosplayer who keeps my stuff organized. I don't plan on heavy makeup use (so, no green tubs) and only 1 bulky part to my costume (a wig). I'm really laid back. I don't have a set schedule. Not a super heavy sleeper. Mainly need a place within walking distance to save on transportation costs. I can provide references if needed and social media information (if that you need that). I do plan on being out late if there are still events going on (because I want to see everything).

Additional preferences for roommates: Please bathe and no couples. Highly prefer just 1 other person in a room but will not be super picky if I can get a bed (not a rollaway because of my height) within walking distance

No longer needing a roommate
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 08:59:22 AM by starrynado »

Offline PhoenixArcade

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2017, 10:28:14 AM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES (I already booked a room and need roommates.)
Here we go again!

Name: Ashley
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: MMM (Marriott Marquis & Marina)
Days: Tuesday - Monday * 7/18 - 7/24 *
Price Per Night: Price for whole stay taxes included = $515 PP
Smoking/Drinking: No / Not in room
Spaces: Need 2 more ladies. Currently myself and another SDCCer who I've roomed with for the past two years.

Age Preference of Roommates: N/A, preferably over 21.
Gender Preference of Roommates: all-female
Include a brief description about yourself: This is my 5th Con and I'm always lucky enough to get tickets, the other roomie is a volunteer. Neither of us cosplay but we don't care if our roomies do. Had a roommate that was a furry last year.
Additional preferences for roommates: Respectful of boundaries and if coming in late at night doing so quietly.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 02:32:40 PM by PhoenixArcade »

Offline jontargaryen

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2017, 05:40:59 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATE

Name: jontargaryen
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel:Manchester Grand Hyatt
Days: Wednesday - Sunday
Price Per Night: (For those looking for roommates, YOU NEED TO BE UPFRONT ABOUT THE PRICE IN YOUR POST.  If you want to room share, what is your price range?) it would be $665 for the four nights (splitting the total cost 50/50)
Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No) doesn't matter, I myself use an e-cig but it does not produce a big vapor cloud and is completely odorless/I like to go out in the Gaslamp at night after the con for a few drinks but nothing crazy. I don't care if you drink in the room.
Spaces: (If you're looking for a room share, how many people do you want to be in your room?  If you're looking for roommates, how many spaces are available in your room?  Don't forget to include yourself.) one space for me, one space for you

Age Preference of Roommates: 25+
Gender Preference of Roommates: (Type in "all-male," "all-female," or "co-ed) co-ed
Include a brief description about yourself: I have been going to the Con for 12 years now. I enjoy exploring around the convention center and hitting up panels for most of the day. I don't camp out for Hall H anymore but I sometimes decide to stand in line in the morning spur of the moment. I like to relax in the Gaslamp at night and hit up all of my favorite bars and restaurants. you are welcome to join at any time. I'm a very neat and organized person but am pretty lax about other people. Just no slobs! I am a night owl but will not be walking around the room with lights on at all hours. I just watch stuff on my phone. Anything else, just ask.
Additional preferences for roommates: (Ex: I prefer someone who is organized and clean.) Clean is a must. LGBT friendly.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 05:43:22 PM by jontargaryen »

Offline squidward

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 59
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2017, 10:11:33 PM »
No longer looking for a room mate
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:48:35 PM by squidward »

Offline SchrodingersCat

• Sails Pavilion
  • If I could only fly...
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2017, 04:46:24 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES (I already booked a room and need roommates.)

Name: Julian
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Marriott Marquis and Marina
Days: Wednesday through Sunday
Price Per Night: The room is at cost $304/night plus whatever hotel fees, taxes, etc. they may charge. We are NOT looking to profit on this room. We know how dificult it is to attain a downtown hotel. This one is practically next to the convention center so you can't beat that.
Smoking/Drinking: None
Spaces: We booked several rooms, but we are looking at consolidating ourselves to save money so this leaves a free room open. No more than 4 people in the room so this could end up being approx. $304 per person for your whole stay potentially.

Preferences and Description: We don't mind drinkers, just don't cause drama. Clean people preferred. You can be introverted or extroverted as long as you're friendly. You don't need to hang out with us, but at least be friendly.  ;D
Age Preference of Roommates: Preferably 21-40
Gender Preference of Roommates: ALL Female. Sorry, but our group prefers this. I'm the only guy in this group.
Include a brief description about yourself: Our group varies in backgrounds from business owners to bloggers to just plain nerds. We are a very social group and know how to have fun. We just want this to be a good match because you will most likely be ending up with strangers in the room, or with your bffs if you have others in your group. PLEASE: no haters. Only positive peeps. We love sharing/networking for passes and event tips so if you have resources, please be willing to share.  ;)
Additional preferences for roommates: NA

Room is booked. Thanks everyone! Enjoy Comic Con!!  :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 06:55:50 AM by SchrodingersCat »
Um...wait, what?

Offline lawboysam

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2017, 02:25:37 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES

Name: lawboysam
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Omni (Two Beds)
Days: Wednesday, July 19 - Monday, July 24
Price Per Night: $500 total for Wed-Mon.
Smoking/Drinking: Smoking no, drinking fine
Spaces: We want 3 people total in the room - we have two right now, our third just had to drop out. We're two females, one in late 20's, other in late 40's. We may have to double up beds some nights, depending on who is camping out/when.

Age Preference of Roommates: 20-40
Gender Preference of Roommates: Female
Include a brief description about yourself: I camp out sometimes, which sometimes means coming back at 4AM and taking a shower, but I try to be quiet. We're pretty clean, but I do have a lot of boxes for some work stuff (that slowly go away as the week progresses, and I try to keep them all in one corner).
Additional preferences for roommates: Looking for someone who's relatively clean and trustworthy.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:22:00 AM by lawboysam »

Offline ashwar007

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2017, 04:03:45 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOMMATE (I already booked a room and need roommates.)

Name:  ashwar007(Asher)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Manchester Grand Hyatt   
Days: Wednesday  - Sunday
Price Per Night: Estimated at $95 per night if filled by 4 people or $126 per night by 3 people. Preferred 4 nights Stay. 

Smoking/Drinking:  Non-smoke preferred and moderate drinking. 
Spaces: 2 spaces with 1 bed open. (If 2 separate individuals, then I would suggest taking turns between bed and floor or sharing the same bed)

Age Preference of Roommates: No Preference.

Gender Preference of Roommates: Male or Co-ed is fine.

Include a brief description about yourself:  We are part of a larger group from southern CA Orange County about 8 people.   This will be our 7th

year at SDCC.  We are primarily Hall H attendees and will be camping out.    This room share has 2 guys committed for 4 nights and 1 person for only Wed. night.   

Additional preferences for roommates: Looking for a friendly and respectful roomate(s).   Hope everyone could be quiet when others are sleeping and maybe we can team work to get into panels, Conan, and exhibit exclusives.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 01:16:39 PM by ashwar007 »

Offline Jumping Jehosaphat

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2017, 05:34:02 PM »
I Have A Room

Name: Sarah
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Holiday Inn Chula Vista
Days: Wed-Sun
Price Per Night: $65/night, so $260 total for Wed-Sunday.
Smoking/Drinking: No smoking in the room, but you are more than free to do so outside. Drinking is ok.
Spaces: Looking for 1 more person.  The room is a double queen bed room.

Age Preference of Roommates: 21+
Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed. Myself and a male friend are in the room currently. And one more fellow.

Include a brief description about yourself: I'm pretty laid back. Both my friend and I will be cosplaying. We are a part of a large group attending, so there will plenty of people to talk to and make plans with. The trolley is two blocks from the hotel or an easy Uber ride. The ride to the convention center takes about 25 min if you take the trolley. There is also a free breakfast buffet.

Additional preferences for roommates: Just don't trash the hotel room!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 12:56:02 PM by Jumping Jehosaphat »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2017, 10:18:26 AM »
looking for roommate(s) for a two bed room at the Hilton Bayfront-

Name: alyssa

Days: wed-monday

Price for entire stay: $579.27 per person with 3 people, $695.12 per person with two people in room.

Smoking/Drinking: No smoking or smokers-medical issues. Drinking-- sure, just not heavy drinking in room please.

Spaces: Looking for a couple preferably or one person

Age Preference of Roommates: 25 +

Gender Preference of Roommates: female or couple,

Include a brief description about yourself: Here's the big thing- i need major low stress. I've got a lot of things going on during con.  I will be in & out of the room at all hours but am very quiet and respectful.

Additional preferences for roommates: Please just keep your stuff in one area ;) & i'll do the same.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:40:46 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2017, 03:50:55 PM »
[member=7166]tester4531[/member] rather than posting a response in thread, please send a personal message to ashwar007 or alyssa by using the following instructions from the first post of this thread:

HOW TO CONTACT SOMEONE FOR ROOM SHARES OR ROOMMATES
1. Go to the person's post in this thread.
2. Under the profile photo (or avatar), click on the icon that looks like this:
3. Fill out the "Subject" box with "Comic-Con Room Sharing."
4. Type in your message to the other person.  Don't forget to discuss details about the room share thoroughly before making agreements!

Your posts above have been removed per the rules this thread. Thank you for your understanding.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 03:53:39 PM by Devorah »

Offline jello_slapper

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2017, 07:43:36 AM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE

Name: Daniel and Henry
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Downtown
Days: July 19-23
Price Per Night: Depending on the type of room we get. 95-130
Smoking/Drinking: no/yes
Spaces: we are looking for no more than 6 people in a room together

Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed
Include a brief description about yourself: we are 2 friends that this will be our 5th time at comic con we usually have luck getting a room but not this year we wake up early to go get in line for exclusives. and we are respectful of others
Additional preferences for roommates: