Author Topic: SDCC 2018 Child Badges Transitioning to Junior Badges  (Read 6119 times)

Offline onekanoobie

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
Re: SDCC 2018 Child Badges Transitioning to Junior Badges
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 09:43:50 AM »
I am running into nothing but issues with this process.  My son turns 13 on September 30th.  Since there was no way to create his member ID until Oct 1st I contacted the Comic Con folks but have not received any information back.  I am a little worried since their auto reply email says that they are at the San Diego Convention center and will get back to me when SDCC 2017 ends, so that is a little out of date.

I have another I am trying to register for 2018 but his birthday already passed so creating the Member ID was easy, now the issue is that the code on the back of his badge is only 5 digits.  It gives me an error that it requires 6.  I send a second email to them.  Has anyone else run into this issue?  Anyone gotten around it somehow?  Thanks

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 10:23:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have a question - According to SDCC the Sept Child Badge cut-off references Returning Registration - Does this mean that there would be a different Child Badget cut-off date later for Open Registration - If so, how would they know when you showed up to get a child badge when you get to SDCC - Does the RIFD badge indicated that you registered during Returning or Open reg? Also, what about Pros with Children - will there be a separate child badge cut-off date for them too?

No. The child badge cutoff date is the same for all badges. If your child is 12 on September 30, then they can attend SDCC 2018 as a child on a free badge. If your child is 13 on September 30, they must attend on a paid junior badge.

The ability to participate in returning registration is a courtesy for parents who now have to buy an extra badge when they didn't in past years. You can imagine how it would be if the parents got badges in returning registration and then their child had to wait until open registration and didn't get one. But this has nothing to do with children who did NOT attend SDCC 2017. If the child did not attend in 2017, then the September 30 deadline still applies; they will just have to wait until open registration, like an adult who did not attend in 2017.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 01:12:37 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 10:24:31 AM »
I am running into nothing but issues with this process.  My son turns 13 on September 30th.  Since there was no way to create his member ID until Oct 1st I contacted the Comic Con folks but have not received any information back.  I am a little worried since their auto reply email says that they are at the San Diego Convention center and will get back to me when SDCC 2017 ends, so that is a little out of date.

I have another I am trying to register for 2018 but his birthday already passed so creating the Member ID was easy, now the issue is that the code on the back of his badge is only 5 digits.  It gives me an error that it requires 6.  I send a second email to them.  Has anyone else run into this issue?  Anyone gotten around it somehow?  Thanks

[member=7581]onekanoobie[/member]  Try calling CCI. Their phone number is (619) 414-1022.

Offline onekanoobie

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 10:28:41 AM »
I appreciate the response but that appears to be a fax number.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 11:07:27 AM »
I appreciate the response but that appears to be a fax number.

Im apologize. The last digit should be 0, not 2.

[member=7581]onekanoobie[/member]

Offline onekanoobie

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2017, 09:50:31 AM »
Thank you so much.  They were very helpful.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2017, 06:08:59 PM »
Hey there Comic-Con fans, Child to Junior Validation has been extended till October 6! #SDCC

comic-con.org/cci/2018/child…
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2017, 08:25:04 PM »
Hey there Comic-Con fans, Child to Junior Validation has been extended till October 6! #SDCC

Calendar link updated!
Ang

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2017, 04:11:37 PM »

I'm glad that CCI was responsive to these issues.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 02:06:54 PM »

To accommodate the transition from child to junior (age 13-17), we have set a static date to determine who is considered a child for Comic-Con 2018. If your child is age 12 or under on September 30, 2017, you do not need to buy a junior badge for Comic-Con 2018 and they may still attend as a child with a paying adult. If they are age 13 or older on September 30, 2017, you must create a Comic-Con Member ID and purchase a junior badge for Comic-Con 2018.

Wait … what does this mean again?

Children who turn 13 or older on September 30, 2017 and attended Comic-Con 2017 with a paid adult must purchase a junior badge if they wish to attend Comic-Con 2018. But fear not! They are eligible for Returning Registration!

Ahhh, I see! My child turns 13 on August 30, 2017, so she will need a junior badge. Where do I start?

First things first! A Member ID is required for every badge purchase. When creating, make sure to select "Junior" as the membership type! Click here to sign up for a Member ID today! [2]

All finished! She has created a Member ID. What’s the next step?

Once you have created a Comic-Con Member ID and confirmed the email address, log in to the Member ID account [2], select the “Registration Info” tab, and enter the child badge number. The badge number is located on the back of the Comic-Con 2017 child badge, under the emergency contact phone number. All child badge numbers start with a “901”, “900”, or “777” prefix. You will need to select the correct prefix from the dropdown list and enter the remaining characters in the field that follows. You will not need to input the dash. The deadline to validate a child badge is October 6, 2017!

But she already has a Member ID account!

Great! Log in to the existing Member ID account [2] and follow the steps above.

I’ve followed all the steps and the child-to-junior validation link isn’t visible! Help!

The birthdate may not be in the correct range for child-to-junior validation, or you accidentally registered as an adult membership type during new account creation. If the validation link is not visible, please use the "contact us" feature before October 6, 2017 to correct your membership type or birthdate. Remember, only children who attended Comic-Con 2017 are eligible to participate in the child-to-junior badge validation process.

What happens next?

If your validation process rivalled the flight speed of Superman and Silver Surfer combined, the next step is to simply … wait. Returning Registration dates will be announced soon!

Now, go forth and validate that child badge before October 6, 2017! Class dismissed!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 03:41:52 PM »
I got a reminder email today.

Hello

This is a friendly reminder that the deadline for child-to-junior badge validation is quickly approaching!

-    If your child is age 12 or under on September 30, 2017, you do not need to buy a badge for Comic-Con 2018 and they may still attend as a child, with a paying adult.

-    If they are age 13 or older on September 30, 2017, you must create a Comic-Con Member ID and purchase a junior badge to attend Comic-Con 2018.

Click here, or check out our latest Toucan blog here for instructions on how to complete the child-to-junior validation process before October 6, 2017. You will need the physical Comic-Con 2017 child badge to complete the validation process.

We encourage you to bookmark Toucan — the official blog of Comic-Con and WonderCon — and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for important registration announcements!

Thank you,
Comic-Con International

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2017, 10:33:36 PM »
Bumping:

The deadline to validate a child badge is October 6, 2017!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2017, 06:22:34 PM »
Member ID Notices update:

The child-to-junior validation period is now closed!

All child badge validations were due by October 6, 2017. If you have already completed this process, please visit our website frequently for updates about Returning Registration. We recommend that you log in to your Member ID account to verify that you have confirmed your email address as soon as possible. Remember, the Member ID system will close -- without notice -- in advance of Returning Registration.

Offline juliafrood

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2018, 09:00:53 AM »
I have a child transitioning to junior this year (my nephew) and a child who is 13 but turned after the cut off in April (my son).

But my son hit puberty HARD and is almost 6 feet tall with size 12 in mens shoes.  He is also broad-shouldered and could pass for 16 or older.  He won't pass for 12.

We had to get him a child badge because we literally could not get him a member ID before the sale because he was too young.   I contacted CCI to ask if I could just buy him a junior badge to stop people from assuming he stole some kid's badge at the doors, but they just keep quoting policy and telling me he's under the limit and therefore gets a child badge.  I am sick with worry about it.

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2018, 09:35:06 AM »
I have a child transitioning to junior this year (my nephew) and a child who is 13 but turned after the cut off in April (my son).

But my son hit puberty HARD and is almost 6 feet tall with size 12 in mens shoes.  He is also broad-shouldered and could pass for 16 or older.  He won't pass for 12.

We had to get him a child badge because we literally could not get him a member ID before the sale because he was too young.   I contacted CCI to ask if I could just buy him a junior badge to stop people from assuming he stole some kid's badge at the doors, but they just keep quoting policy and telling me he's under the limit and therefore gets a child badge.  I am sick with worry about it.

This was our son too -- definitely didn't look 12. Our son is/was also very tall/big for his age - even now he's 17, even taller, and he has a beard, everyone thinks he older than our 20-year-old. LOL

I think this is mostly about approaching it all with great confidence. You know your son still qualifies for a child badge, you've done nothing wrong. The only "issue" we had was during his last year of a child badge. When getting his badge, I was asked for an ID for him, I said he doesn't have one, she asked if I had a school ID and I said he's homeschooled (he was) and she didn't question it further. Our son would have loved to have had a junior badge his last year or two with the child badge, but that's not how it works (he just didn't want a badge that says "child" on it).

For me, I almost dare someone to say something ;) because I know we've followed all the rules. But if you need extra peace of mind, bring an ID if he has one (maybe get one before you go?), and if he doesn't, take a scan or photo of his birth certificate and keep it on your phone. I think that if someone questioned you and you had that ready to go, they would leave it be.
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022