Author Topic: Conan Shows 2018  (Read 57848 times)

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
Re: Conan Shows 2018
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2018, 10:27:53 AM »
To anyone who has questions about last year I suggest reading last years thread so we don't become a broken record.  It's safe to say we discussed it to death  :)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2018, 11:24:21 AM »
To anyone who has questions about last year I suggest reading last years thread so we don't become a broken record.  It's safe to say we discussed it to death  :)

discussed to death ?  common.  it only says read over 54,000 times lol

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 03:45:49 AM »

Offline darlenealderson

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2018, 02:50:46 PM »
I had luck with Conan last year because I went to another 1iota event (a Broncos Super Bowl concert) and heard they give priority to people who've attended their previous events.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2018, 03:44:14 PM »
If anyone is interested, this is the article I wrote last year about attending Conan tapings.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2018, 08:40:12 PM »
If anyone is interested, this is the article I wrote last year about attending Conan tapings.

You went to Conan last year?  Did you attend with anyone who is hilarious?
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2018, 05:53:15 AM »
You went to Conan last year?  Did you attend with anyone who is hilarious?

You know, I think I did. Not only that, she was very generous! *kisses*

Offline eek

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 70
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2018, 05:21:13 PM »
Attended the show the first two years, once via standby and once via a friend who managed to get tickets. I've never scored tickets directly from 1iota.
Standby line was absolutely insane last year, likely due to the increased funko pop hype. I'll try again for 1iota tickets this year, but that's it. Not attempting standby anymore unless the pops stop being offered.

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 289
Re: SDCC 2018 Hotel discussion: July 19-23
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2018, 10:32:27 AM »
Hey guys, is there anyone here that got Conan tickets through his Snapchat last year? You know how he was posting a short story in snachpat in downtown everyday? come find me and you get two tickets for my taping and
Funko?

Thanks! Love y'all are good people :)

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 289
Re: SDCC 2018 offsite events
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2018, 10:59:45 AM »
Hey guys, is there anyone here that got Conan tickets through his Snapchat last year? You know how he was posting a short story in snachpat in downtown everyday? come find me and you get two tickets for my taping and
Funko?

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2018, 02:22:57 PM »
Funko?

Funko?

Forum Housekeeping:

Split off these posts: one from the "SDCC 2018 Hotel Discussion" thread and another one with the same message cross-posted in the "SDCC 2018 Off-Site Events" thread.

Merged these two posts into the "Conan Shows 2018" thread.

-----

[member=7985]ozzz[/member]: Please do not cross post the same message in different threads.  It makes it confusing for people who want to help and then reply to it when they are in different locations.  Also, in order to have your question seen and answered more easily by others in the forum community, please try looking around on the forums and checking to see if there's already a thread created for the topic you're interested in.  You may find what you're looking for.  :] 

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!  ^__^d
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2018, 11:40:18 AM »
I read article and seems fun, but the heat and being chased by scalpers for a pop kinda ruins the fun kinda if u not prepared. as they say be with a group or try blend in and get pop and quickly toss in bag then try stay to other side where no one is so not bugged by scalpers for a pop u may never get again cause if u get a bad seat and gotta deal with heat then the only incentive is the band and pop and maybe a shirt if u want wanna really bad.

Offline NoNoNuni

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 36
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2018, 05:16:14 PM »
Last year they were giving away Pops with a Pepsi(?) through their twitter page, it's a much shorter line if you're hoping to get lucky.

I've only gone once, because we got very VERY lucky. We were staying at the Westin, and my friend was having a drink at the bar and ending up talking to a guy who ended up being like a producer or something, and we got 2 tickets to the Suicide Squad taping. Conan Joker lives safe on my bookshelf, far away from the many flippers who offered cash as soon as we left the theatre.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2018, 10:38:33 AM »
Conan is back again this year.  I have never tried for tickets - are they impossible to get? 

1. Obviously not impossible since so many go every year  :P
2. I went last year (won tickets in the lotto after trying the previous couple years and losing) and it was a blast.  I had not-the-best seats up in the balcony and it was indeed really hot but I was warned and prepared. 
3. I wouldn't count on any standby lines getting in this year.  They stopped the standby lineup near the end of the week last year after a plethora of people waited and line and got nothing.  I would say if you don't win via the online lotto you're most likely outta luck, though maybe I'll be wrong
4. It is a lengthy time commitment.  You have to line-up early to get your ticket and wristband (you're most likely guaranteed a seat but the earlier you're in line the better the seat).  Then you have a few hours to go after picking up your wristband but then you have to be back quite a bit before actual taping to take your seat. 
5. There's a preshow of a comedian pumping up the crowd, and a couple charts played by the (incredible, off-the-hook) Jimmy Vivino and the Basic Cable Band.  Like, I'd sit through a 30/45 min. set of just them as a warmup but that's just me :)
6. Conan show taped is just like how you see it online for the most part, complete with breaks for commercials (and costume changes, or to bring in props to set up a bit, etc).

It was worth the hassle, and I really loved the experience.  I didn't have PN last year and had Conan tix on Thurs. so it ate up quite a bit of Comic-Con attending time.  I was REALLY kind of dying to get tix and experience the broadcast, so it was checking off a SDCCI experience off my list: I've been going to Comic-Con since 2000 so there aren't a ton of planned events that I haven't checked off my list.  I'll try again this year, and be happy to win if that happens again.  Having done it once, though, I won't be upset at all if I don't win the lotto.

Definitely fun times.  There aren't bad viewing seats in the hall, IMO, but the higher up you go the warmer it is

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
  • Cheese and Carb Enthusiast
  • Liked: 302
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2018, 06:37:50 PM »
4. It is a lengthy time commitment.  You have to line-up early to get your ticket and wristband (you're most likely guaranteed a seat but the earlier you're in line the better the seat).  Then you have a few hours to go after picking up your wristband but then you have to be back quite a bit before actual taping to take your seat. 

From my experience last year, it sounded like seat assignments weren't based on how early you got in line. My group and I lined up at 5:30am and were probably within the first 150 people range. By the time we got our tickets, we ended up getting balcony seats.

Also based off of last year's fiasco, it also sounded like having a ticket wasn't necessarily a guarantee. I remember seeing a tweet announcing that tapings were sold out by 10am despite instructions sent from the 1iota team that you can pick up your tickets whenever the box office was open.

Offline karli2067

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 52
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2018, 07:39:52 AM »
I agree with the above comment about the seat placement--at least from my experience last year.  We had tickets to the Wednesday show.  I can't say exactly what time we picked up our tickets but our plane didn't land until 1030am that morning, we went to our hotel (doubletree downtown) checked in and changed our clothes in no hurry and then walked over.  When we got there we were the only people there picking up tickets.  We ended up about ten rows from the stage.  So in my case I got there incredibly late and got excellent seats.  Probably just beginners luck but I wanted to share my experience for what its worth  :)