Author Topic: Star Trek Beyond Premiere-Embarcadero Park July 20  (Read 52081 times)

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
Re: Star Trek Beyond Premiere-Embarcadero Park July 20
« Reply #480 on: July 21, 2016, 12:41:44 AM »
It was an incredible spectacle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #481 on: July 21, 2016, 12:43:40 AM »
2 thumbs up from me

I want to go see it again-
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #482 on: Today at 10:10:10 PM »

Offline Justin The Cred

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #482 on: July 21, 2016, 12:44:46 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Two thumbs up!!! I liked it better than Into Darkness :)
Yup. So many character moments.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Offline Resin

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #483 on: July 21, 2016, 02:04:49 AM »
I don't want to go so far as saying that was the highlight of the con for me, since it's only Wednesday and all, but that was pretty damn spectacular.

any idea what the pin was?

i didn't notice it

It was a little gold Enterprise ship.

Offline SoCalNerdGal

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 125
« Reply #484 on: July 21, 2016, 02:09:48 AM »
I enjoyed the fireworks from my room :)
Same.  I was asleep (got severely, blisteringly sunburned to the point where I'm considering urgent care for actual medication and am pretty much screwed for rest of con) but woke up after the first few booms.  They were lovely!  So lucky to have had a great view.  Congrats to all who got in and thanks for sharing pictures!  Looks like a great experience.  :)

Offline Resin

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #485 on: July 21, 2016, 02:37:49 AM »
Same.  I was asleep (got severely, blisteringly sunburned to the point where I'm considering urgent care for actual medication and am pretty much screwed for rest of con) but woke up after the first few booms.  They were lovely!  So lucky to have had a great view.  Congrats to all who got in and thanks for sharing pictures!  Looks like a great experience.  :)

I got pretty badly burnt, but nothing that extreme. If you do need to go to urgent care there's one about two blocks from Ralph's. It's not the nicest place, and there's a long wait, but it's convenient and they got me in last year without any fuss. I did notice that the ear drops were a bit weaker than I normally get though...

I'm probably going shopping for a dress shirt or raincoat to wear while I'm outside. You could look into that? Won't help the pain but you'll be able to do your thing without making it worse.

Offline SoCalNerdGal

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #486 on: July 21, 2016, 03:08:19 AM »
I got pretty badly burnt, but nothing that extreme. If you do need to go to urgent care there's one about two blocks from Ralph's. It's not the nicest place, and there's a long wait, but it's convenient and they got me in last year without any fuss. I did notice that the ear drops were a bit weaker than I normally get though...

I'm probably going shopping for a dress shirt or raincoat to wear while I'm outside. You could look into that? Won't help the pain but you'll be able to do your thing without making it worse.
Thanks! Very good suggestions. Hope you find something that works for you.  By the time I went back to the hotel room, my I couldn't even stand for the sun to touch me it burned so badly.  I actually looked for something long sleeved on Amazon today. Ended up ordering gauze and seriously considering mummifying myself tomorrow.  Ha.  If you see a mummy, Wave.  Called ask a nurse for my insurance and she wanted me to go the er because some of mine are already blistered and bleeding.  As a thirty something fair skinned human, this is the most severe sunburn I've ever gotten and I was wearing sunscreen.  Don't know if I've just aged into something too fragile for this world or if it was something else entirely but the sun betrayed me, today. That's again for urgent care suggestion, I'd rather try that then ER.  Foolishly, we are debating the Conan line right now.  Haven't eaten, severe pain. Probably dehydrated and con logic says, "I'm already up, I should go get in the conan line."  :) hope you have a less ouchy day tomorrow!

Offline sdxavie

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #487 on: July 21, 2016, 04:11:39 AM »
I saw the line after we got into SD later than expected, wimped out and went to get food.
I don't think I am built for this kinda queuing!

Congrats to all that got them, I think we will IMAX it on Sunday night somewhere  ;D

If you are still in San Diego on Sunday, the AMC @ Palm Ave is only $12.49 for IMAX 3D after 6 PM ($2 less before that). Not the best theater, but it works!

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
« Reply #488 on: July 21, 2016, 04:27:38 AM »
If your going to be outside at this point you need to get aloe with some kind of numbing agent, then go long sleeved, pants, big hat, and keep sunscreen on your hands, face and neck. That's my opinion anyways. I've had sun burn blisters on my face before, and that's what I did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline admiral-lira

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 46
« Reply #489 on: July 21, 2016, 04:38:12 AM »
I'm sunburn in my forearms and I'm not a light color person. Lining up under the noon sun unprotected wasn't the smartest thing to do.

Offline SoCalNerdGal

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #490 on: July 21, 2016, 04:40:12 AM »
If your going to be outside at this point you need to get aloe with some kind of numbing agent, then go long sleeved, pants, big hat, and keep sunscreen on your hands, face and neck. That's my opinion anyways. I've had sun burn blisters on my face before, and that's what I did.

Thanks, I'm getting an uber in a few and heading to the open Walgreens. He said they had some solarcaine in stock and hopefully a hat too.  Yesterday was my worst con/vacay day in the history of ever so in pretty sure that the next four days are going to be awesome to balance it out.  #conlogic :). I think I actually packed a few long sleeved cardigans because I occasionally get chilly in panels.  I'm pretty self conscious about my face right now.  It's swollen and the blisters are yellow.  I've considered going full
Michael Jackson bandana on the face tomorrow.  If only I had a cosplay mask. Hope everyone else has a great Thursday!

Offline ceddyced

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 45
« Reply #491 on: July 21, 2016, 06:21:26 AM »
Fireworks, free food from Subway, free seat cushion, free sway bag loaded with goodies Conan, light up wristbands and a live symphony playing the score.  Well worth the 6am line up time.  Can't wait to see the film again. 2 thumbs up.

Destruct sequence 1 code 1 1 A.
SDCC 2000-2019

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #492 on: July 21, 2016, 06:33:59 AM »
They had the Star Trek Beyond after party at the Hard Rock Hotel. Security blocked the elevator while the stars and invited guests went up to the pool.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #493 on: July 26, 2016, 09:10:06 AM »
How did things turn out for you @SocalNerdGal
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------