Author Topic: Areas in San Diego  (Read 10391 times)

Offline Voluptuous Donuts

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Re: Areas in San Diego
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 05:38:33 AM »
Not many places in the world, much less the US don't serve carne asada burritos. If they do, they don't taste the same.

As for looking forward to the food...absolutely not. I love the food in that area too. I'm looking forward to trying ceviche for the first time. Carne asada fries, carne asada chips, carne asada burrito, chicken quesadilla....I miss it.

If you have the time I recommend Colima's in Oceanside. Probably the best Mexican fast food.

Offline cliffd64

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 08:40:02 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm booked into a hotel in Chula Vista too
there's an in & out on the way to/from the con. it is our main source of food during the con-  starbucks doesn't count as food

There's a really good breakfast place on E St. in Chula Vista too. Aunt Emma's Pancakes I think. Right off of 5. We stayed next door to it in 2010. This year we are a little farther south.

Aunt Emma's is awesome!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 04:15:42 AM »

Offline MegaDoug

• Gaming Lounge
  • Comic Con, where all are accepted as they are
    • my music, my love
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 02:01:51 PM »

If you have the time I recommend Colima's in Oceanside. Probably the best Mexican fast food.
Dang, now I know where I'm going for dinner tonite!
"while in my gut the creature writhes and snarls and tells me what I need"

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 03:49:15 AM »
Not many places in the world, much less the US don't serve carne asada burritos. If they do, they don't taste the same.

As for looking forward to the food...absolutely not. I love the food in that area too. I'm looking forward to trying ceviche for the first time. Carne asada fries, carne asada chips, carne asada burrito, chicken quesadilla....I miss it.

I believe outphase was referring to the fact that carne asada burrito isn't really unique to San Diego than the california burrito, though I have seen it in parts of LA. I say carne asada fries are probably the most unique food here.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 10:57:34 AM »
I say carne asada fries are probably the most unique food here.

And here I thought it was fish tacos!  :P

Offline Sprzout

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 12:44:25 AM »
There's a really good breakfast place on E St. in Chula Vista too. Aunt Emma's Pancakes I think. Right off of 5. We stayed next door to it in 2010. This year we are a little farther south.

For those coming from North County, there's an Original Pancake House in Kearny Mesa, right off of the 163, that's excellent (and IMHO, better than Aunt Emma's).

As for Mexican fast food, just look for anything with an "-erto's" in the name. Roberto's, Humberto's, Umberto's...I've even seen a Juanberto's. Believe it or not, they all have pretty similar menus and the food is pretty much the same. Definitely NOT saying they're bad - they're really good! (and the added bonus is that there's pretty much one on every corner in South County San Diego area) :)

To the poster who wanted to try ceviche - get it from an upscale restaurant. If they're not too clean about it, or they're using cheap cuts of questionably fresh fish, it can give you Montezuma's Revenge, which is not something you want to deal with during Con.