Author Topic: Post your questions about public transportation here  (Read 137674 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Post your questions about public transportation here
« Reply #240 on: April 07, 2016, 11:24:20 PM »
Let's get back on-topic with public transportation questions.  ^__~
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline highgiant

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 83
« Reply #241 on: April 08, 2016, 11:16:48 AM »
How long roughly does it take from the gaslamp to the airport? I've an international flight that leaves at 10:30am on that Monday so I imagine I'd be getting up early but just wondering how long it'd take to get out to the airport. I'm staying in a hotel in the gaslamp area so I'll prob just book a taxi from the hotel for that morning.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #242 on: Today at 04:25:36 AM »

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #242 on: April 08, 2016, 12:34:31 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How long roughly does it take from the gaslamp to the airport? I've an international flight that leaves at 10:30am on that Monday so I imagine I'd be getting up early but just wondering how long it'd take to get out to the airport. I'm staying in a hotel in the gaslamp area so I'll prob just book a taxi from the hotel for that morning.
20 minutes is clear traffic. Being Monday morning, particularly, the Monday after Comic-Con it may be busier. Give yourself 30 minutes.
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council

Offline TwiBetween

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #243 on: April 09, 2016, 08:14:38 AM »
Has anyone had any experience with taking the SDCC shuttles in a wheelchair? Or the trolleys? My first year at SDCC in the chair and feeling a little lost.

Offline tacofan

• Freebie Table
« Reply #244 on: April 09, 2016, 09:34:03 AM »
Hi all,

It'll be my first time using the shuttle bus.  I'm going to guess that that I'll get a room out in Mission Valley when rooms open up.  How are the buses in the evenings back out to MV?  Are they super packed?  Or would it be a better idea to use the trolley?  How about the AM rides?  Thanks!

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #245 on: April 09, 2016, 01:11:16 PM »
Hi all,

It'll be my first time using the shuttle bus.  I'm going to guess that that I'll get a room out in Mission Valley when rooms open up.  How are the buses in the evenings back out to MV?  Are they super packed?  Or would it be a better idea to use the trolley?  How about the AM rides?  Thanks!

They tend to be pretty packed, but they also run so often (every 15 minutes or so) that it was never a long wait for one to go back when I stayed in Mission Valley. I also feel like the big rush dies down fairly quickly, so if you decide to stay in the Gaslamp for dinner/other things, later evening isn't too bad for the shuttles.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #246 on: April 09, 2016, 02:42:21 PM »
Has anyone had any experience with taking the SDCC shuttles in a wheelchair? Or the trolleys? My first year at SDCC in the chair and feeling a little lost.

[member=2776]TwiBetween[/member]: You might be interested in this thread for more information about ADA access and the official Comic-Con shuttles.

Hope this helps!  ^___~
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tacofan

• Freebie Table
« Reply #247 on: April 10, 2016, 03:16:34 PM »
They tend to be pretty packed, but they also run so often (every 15 minutes or so) that it was never a long wait for one to go back when I stayed in Mission Valley. I also feel like the big rush dies down fairly quickly, so if you decide to stay in the Gaslamp for dinner/other things, later evening isn't too bad for the shuttles.

Thanks for sharing your experience!  I appreciate it.

Offline newwavejunkie

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #248 on: April 11, 2016, 10:53:02 AM »
Anyone have any experience staying on Coronado Island during SDCC? I booked a B&B (though I'm still hoping and praying something in walking distance of the Con opens up) and am curious what the transportation is like. I know about the ferry and figured I have options to take ubers or the bus but I wanted to know if there was anyone who has stayed there who might enlighten me on what to expect.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #249 on: April 11, 2016, 11:45:51 AM »
Anyone have any experience staying on Coronado Island during SDCC? I booked a B&B (though I'm still hoping and praying something in walking distance of the Con opens up) and am curious what the transportation is like. I know about the ferry and figured I have options to take ubers or the bus but I wanted to know if there was anyone who has stayed there who might enlighten me on what to expect.

We actually have a whole thread about this topic, so I believe this is something you might be interested in:

Hope that helps! ^__^/

Offline jddocea

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #250 on: April 23, 2016, 05:43:52 AM »
Hi everyone
This is going to be my first time at SDCC. I'm just wondering what would be a better option for transportation: the shuttles comic con provides or getting a 4 day trolley pass. I'm staying near the airport about a half mile walk from each stop.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #251 on: April 23, 2016, 08:11:59 AM »
Trolley doesn't go out that way, so I'd use the shuttle
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline lilredrubi74

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 141
« Reply #252 on: April 23, 2016, 08:02:42 PM »
Hi it's my 1st year in a wheelchair too. If you look at the beginning few pages you will see where mostlylurker(sp) answered some questions I had. It looks like we have a disabled shuttle that can pick us up & drop us off. Can I ask are you in a manual or motorized? I called the SD trolley company & they said all stations are accessible some have ramps & some have elevators. There is a blue button on the outside of the trolley car you press it & a ramp will deploy. Have a great comic con  :)

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #253 on: June 07, 2016, 10:22:31 AM »
From ->

In addition, we’ve updated our Comic-Con Transportation page, which includes links to San Diego’s MTS Trolley Service (MTS has a dedicated Comic-Con 2016 page, but info has not been added to it as of yet), plus the Coaster rail service and Amtrak California.

Offline Mdgeist316

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #254 on: June 07, 2016, 12:41:24 PM »
How stressful was taking the trolley into downtown? I'm waiting for my spot on the waitlist to see if I can get something closer, but I have a room in the Old Town area where the shuttles don't run.