Author Topic: Post your questions about public transportation here  (Read 137479 times)

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
Re: Post your questions about public transportation here
« Reply #270 on: July 10, 2016, 05:39:19 PM »
According to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login release that was posted last July it shouldn't be an issue.

Arriving at or departing from SAN? Your life just got a little easier. We are excited to announce that starting today, Uber is now authorized to offer even more options for rides to and from San Diego International Airport.

Travelers arriving in San Diego and jet-setting from the city will have access to the reliable, affordable and safe ride they’ve come to love and expect from uberX. SAN travelers will have the option to be picked up and dropped off not only with UberBLACK and SUV, but now with uberX, uberXL, ASSIST, ESPAÑOL, and PLUS!

Once you’ve deplaned and collected your bags, open the app, drop the pin within the airport terminal, and request your ride. There will be a $2.76 Airport fee for a pickup at SAN, and it will be reflected on your receipt.
For uberX, uberXL, ASSIST, ESPAÑOL, and PLUS, please refer to the instructions below to ensure a seamless pickup.

FOR TERMINAL 1 PICKUPS:

Take escalator directly across from baggage claim carousel 3.
    Walk across the Sky Bridge towards Ground Transportation.
    Go down the escalator and head straight. Your driver will be waiting in the parking lot near a blue umbrella stand. There will be a sign that reads ‘APP-ENABLED RIDE SHARE SERVICES’. See below.

FOR TERMINAL 2 PICKUPS:

Exit the airport through the doors by baggage claims 4,5,6.
    Use the crosswalk to head across the street.
    Continue to walk under the overpasses and past  the shuttles, towards short term Terminal 2 parking.
    Follow signs towards ‘APP-ENABLED RIDE SHARE SERVICES’. Your driver will be waiting for you in a reserved spot near the blue umbrella between sections G1 and H1.

For UberBLACK and SUV, here’s how to ensure a seamless pickup:

Once you’ve deplaned and collected your bags, open the app and drop the pin anywhere within the airport terminal.
    Call or text your driver to communicate your door number or zone letter.
    Your driver will arrive curbside at baggage claim.

AIRPORT PRO TIPS:

All uberX, uberXL, ASSIST, ESPAÑOL, and PLUS rides from the airport are subject to the Airport pick-up fee of $2.76.
    Pickups for all uberX, uberXL, ASSIST, ESPAÑOL, and PLUS rides will be from the designated pickup lots, not curbside.
    UberBLACK and SUV rides will continue to operate as normal, via curbside pickup.
    Always confirm your driver’s name and photo, license plate, and make and model of the vehicle when they arrive to ensure you’ve got the right ride.

Uber driver-partners and riders, welcome to the San Diego International Airport.

Safe travels,

Team Uber San Diego

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #271 on: July 10, 2016, 05:43:48 PM »
Thanks for posting that, Steve! It's very useful info!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #272 on: Today at 06:06:18 AM »

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #272 on: July 10, 2016, 06:10:42 PM »
More Uber at SAN information You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Also, here are some estimated fares...

Fare estimates and pricing for popular destinations

SAN <--> La Jolla
        uberX -  $18-24
        uberXL -  $27-36

SAN <--> San Diego Convention Center
        uberX - $10-12
        uberXL - $14-18

SAN <--> Carlsbad
        uberX - $43-57
        uberXL - $67-88

SAN <--> UCSD
        uberX - $20-26
        uberXL - $30-39

SAN <--> Pacific Beach
        uberX - $13-17
        uberXL - $20-26

SAN <--> Gaslamp Quarter
        uberX - $9-12
        uberXL - $14-17

SAN <--> San Ysidro Border Crossing
        uberX - $28-37
        uberXL - $43-56

Per our agreement with San Diego International Airport, a $2.76 pickup surcharge is added to fares for uberPOOL, uberX, uberXL, uberESPAÑOL, uberASSIST, and UberSELECT.

Note that there is no dropoff surcharge for rides taken to SAN airport.

Offline CptMyCpt24

• Hall H
  • myth of the chupacabra is just that - utter crap
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #273 on: July 10, 2016, 06:57:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This topic here discussed uber during Comic-Con previously

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SDCC: 2011-2014, 2016-2019, 2022-| ECCC: 2015-2018, 2021 | WonderCon: ? | DragonCon: ? | NYCC: ?

Zim: Ummm, is it supposed to be stupid?
Tallest Purple: It's not stupid; [sarcastically] it's advanced!

Offline pieistasty

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #274 on: July 10, 2016, 11:53:25 PM »
Those special prices are higher than the normal everyday prices. You will need a compass card to get the everyday prices, but it's cheap at $2 and available pretty much everywhere.

1-day    $5    $12 RegionPlus    $12 RegionPlus
2-day**    $9    -    -
3-day**    $12    -    -
4-day**    $15    -    -

I noticed that the Comic-Con Trolly Passes are now listed in the MTS mTicket App.

Here are the details:

Individual days: 7/20, 7/21, 7/22, 7/23, 7/24 -> $5.50 each service day
2-day Pass: 7/23 thru 7/24 -> $10.00
3-day Pass: 7/22 thru 7/24 -> $13.00
4-day Pass: 7/21 thru 7/24 -> $16.00
5-day Pass: 7/20 thru 7/24 -> $20.00

Offline pieistasty

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #275 on: July 10, 2016, 11:55:24 PM »
The normal everyday day passes are good on trolleys and buses and a bit cheaper.

One thing to be aware of with the commemorative passes versus the mTicket ones is that, unless they change it this year, the paper passes can also be used for the buses while the mTicket is for the trolley only. Also, you can only get the commemorative pass from the kiosk or the Trolley Store, kiosks are cash only.

Offline CptMyCpt24

• Hall H
  • myth of the chupacabra is just that - utter crap
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2016, 07:27:35 PM »
Used Uber and it worked out great. First driver taught me Pokemon Go on the way to our hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SDCC: 2011-2014, 2016-2019, 2022-| ECCC: 2015-2018, 2021 | WonderCon: ? | DragonCon: ? | NYCC: ?

Zim: Ummm, is it supposed to be stupid?
Tallest Purple: It's not stupid; [sarcastically] it's advanced!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #277 on: April 04, 2017, 06:57:49 PM »
(bold = mine)

Train, trolley and bus tickets go mobile in San Diego County

Have you ever raced for the trolley only to wrestle with the ticket machine while your ride rolls away? Breathe deep. There’s some relief on the way. Starting on Thursday, transit users around San Diego County will be able to use their cellphones to pay for and board public transit, including trolleys, buses and commuter rail. “This is a big step forward,” said Rob Schupp, spokesman for the San Diego Metropolitan Transit System. “Now people can buy and store fares on their phone and use them when they need to. They won’t have to worry about using a ticket vending machine or carry the right change.”

The mobile app is dubbed Compass Cloud and will be available for both Androids and iPhones. When searching for the mobile application, look for the logo used on the current MTS Compass Card. With the new system, you can buy multiple one-day or 30-day electronic passes for $5 and $72, respectively. These options will work for nearly all transit services offered by MTS and the North County Transit District. Meanwhile, regional one-day and monthly passes that also include the Rapid Express bus service - which carries people between downtown San Diego and Escondido, as well as downtown and Rancho Bernardo - will cost $12 and $100, respectively.

Mobile tickets for the Coaster train, which runs between Oceanside and downtown, are separate and vary in price based on location. The region’s only transportation service that offers both per-day and one-way ticketing via the new mobile app is the commuter rail. Transit advocates have long pushed regional transportation officials to provide one-way tickets that can be stored on the existing MTS Compass Card, believing that option would increase overall ridership. The mobile ticketing system was welcomed Wednesday but also drew the same criticism.

“Let’s be clear the mobile payment system is an improvement,” said Colin Parent, Policy Counsel at Circulate San Diego. “It just stands in stark contrast to the changes that they have promised and failed to make.” Officials with MTS said they’re still evaluating a system that would allow riders to store one-way fares on the compass card and through the new mobile app. MTS is the only major transit agency in the country with a payment card that doesn’t allow riders to store multiple one-ways tickets, according to Circulate San Diego.

No updates here yet:

Transportation

More information about Comic-Con International 2017 is coming soon...check back for details!

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #278 on: April 05, 2017, 03:59:08 AM »
(bold = mine)

Train, trolley and bus tickets go mobile in San Diego County

No updates here yet:

Transportation

More information about Comic-Con International 2017 is coming soon...check back for details!
It's about time they got this up and running.  They've been allowing mobile tickets for special events like Comic-Con for the past few years, but it will be nice to have mobile ticketing at other times during the year, also.  I assume that they will post special fare offerings for Comic-Con again this year as we get closer to the event.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #279 on: April 05, 2017, 10:14:25 AM »
They make great special commemorative paper MTS passes during SDCC. You'd miss out on those using the mobile app! Usually they offer a 5-day pass for $20, which is a savings of $5 since normal day passes are $5.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #280 on: April 06, 2017, 03:06:34 PM »
They make great special commemorative paper MTS passes during SDCC. You'd miss out on those using the mobile app! Usually they offer a 5-day pass for $20, which is a savings of $5 since normal day passes are $5.

I love those. I just wish you could buy them online or more places instead of having to find one of the kiosks when they happen to be open and hope I remembered to bring cash. We've always had to buy a regular daily pass or 2 until we could manage to get the commemorative ones.

Glad to see the mobile passes now include the buses.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
« Reply #281 on: April 06, 2017, 03:57:24 PM »
I love those. I just wish you could buy them online or more places instead of having to find one of the kiosks when they happen to be open and hope I remembered to bring cash. We've always had to buy a regular daily pass or 2 until we could manage to get the commemorative ones.

Glad to see the mobile passes now include the buses.
Across the Pedestrian Bridge by the Bayfront at the 12 & Imperial station there is a new MTS building now where you can get the passes and use a credit card. I went there an got mine last year on Tuesday then walked across the bridge for the Tuesday afternoon Bayfront meetup.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
My Twitter

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #282 on: April 07, 2017, 07:40:54 AM »
Across the Pedestrian Bridge by the Bayfront at the 12 & Imperial station there is a new MTS building now where you can get the passes and use a credit card. I went there an got mine last year on Tuesday then walked across the bridge for the Tuesday afternoon Bayfront meetup.

Thanks! That'll help. It' a silly thing I know, but I get so irritated having to buy a pass so I can travel to go buy a different, longer pass.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
« Reply #283 on: April 07, 2017, 08:25:45 AM »
Thanks! That'll help. It' a silly thing I know, but I get so irritated having to buy a pass so I can travel to go buy a different, longer pass.

Yeah, it sucks. Since I was already trolleying down for the meetup it was easy last year, just got off at 12th & Imperial, bought the pass (which started the next day) and had my fun. Normally, I would have to buy a day pass on Wednesday, to get to a location that sold the paper pass and yes, have some cash. It did blow, but it's solved for me now with the fancy new MTS building and Tuesday meetups!
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
My Twitter

Offline willtowne16

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #284 on: April 21, 2017, 02:44:03 AM »
I don't know if this has been answered so I might as well ask. Where is the best place to park a car for a couple days without having any problems with someone breaking into it? I'm planning on camping in the Hall H line starting Thursday night for the Saturday panels and I'm not going to get a room for Thursday thru Saturday so I won't have to waste money on a room I won't be in those days. I was thinking the Walmart near Qualcomm but I don't know how safe it is there. I'll be traveling back and forth to it to change clothes but I'm just nervous about it.