Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 211291 times)

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2019, 08:08:43 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks! Just for clarification, will I need the SDCC member ID of the person I'm buying for; and by "SDCC member ID", I mean the one that we use to purchase badges.
Last year there was a field for MemberID in the form, but it was not required to submit the form.
It may or may not be required this year, but it would be safer to have that information handy just in case.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2019, 08:28:11 AM »
[member=2735]Blubutterfly505[/member] Hmm. I checked last year's list and there were 11. Looks like the missing two are Doubletree by Hilton Mission Valley and San Diego Marriott Mission Valley. Maybe they'll pop up later? (I have no idea, I've never done early bird.)

The San Diego Marriott Mission Valley is now on the OnPeak Early Bird hotel list.  The Courtyard By Marriott SD Mission Valley (have added King Beds) and Courtyard By Marriott SD Airport / Liberty Station have more availability for Comic-Con dates.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #167 on: Today at 04:07:57 PM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2019, 01:24:49 PM »
a word to newer folks, members who've been around a long time tend to look at post counts and contributions to the forum community if they have an extra room...
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #168 on: February 06, 2019, 03:15:47 PM »
Last year there was a field for MemberID in the form, but it was not required to submit the form.
It may or may not be required this year, but it would be safer to have that information handy just in case.

I’ve always wondered what the point of the MemberID field was, since it’s optional. I can see it as a easy way to check for duplicate submissions, in which case it’s better to leave it blank. But if they use it to prioritize hotel rooms (eg. two submissions with nearly the same time stamp, then priority goes to the one with a MemberID), then in that case you really do want to enter that field. But if it’s simply for metrics & data collecting, then I’d lean towards leaving it blank.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #169 on: February 06, 2019, 03:37:07 PM »

I filled it out just in case!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #170 on: February 06, 2019, 03:40:06 PM »
I’ve always wondered what the point of the MemberID field was, since it’s optional. I can see it as a easy way to check for duplicate submissions, in which case it’s better to leave it blank. But if they use it to prioritize hotel rooms (eg. two submissions with nearly the same time stamp, then priority goes to the one with a MemberID), then in that case you really do want to enter that field. But if it’s simply for metrics & data collecting, then I’d lean towards leaving it blank.

Last year the only guy in my group that got a room for us didn't have an actual badge for the con.  He came mainly for the offsites.  Those of us without a badge got nothing.  I always thought that was sort of hilarious luck.  We all put our member ID's in though.

Who knows what'll happen this year.  We rarely ever get two years of consistency lol

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #171 on: February 06, 2019, 03:50:53 PM »
Last year the only guy in my group that got a room for us didn't have an actual badge for the con.  He came mainly for the offsites.  Those of us without a badge got nothing.  I always thought that was sort of hilarious luck.  We all put our member ID's in though.

Who knows what'll happen this year.  We rarely ever get two years of consistency lol

They could just place me in the hotel I had last year, I wouldn't complain at all!

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #172 on: February 06, 2019, 04:03:44 PM »
They could just place me in the hotel I had last year, I wouldn't complain at all!

Me too. I was the top floor of the Bayfront, convention center side.  I've been spoiled oh no  :-\

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #173 on: February 06, 2019, 04:09:20 PM »
Me too. I was the top floor of the Bayfront, convention center side.  I've been spoiled oh no  :-\

Have yo seen the corner rooms?  I need to learn to flirt better.  I had a friend get moved there once.  I wondered if the guy behind the counter recognized her.

Online Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #174 on: February 06, 2019, 04:14:44 PM »
Have yo seen the corner rooms?  I need to learn to flirt better.  I had a friend get moved there once.  I wondered if the guy behind the counter recognized her.
Some people are coded in the system for automatic upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #175 on: February 06, 2019, 04:19:01 PM »

I had a corner room once! I had asked for a room facing the convention center, but they wanted to charge me extra. I declined, but they decided to put me in a corner room on the bridge side, still facing away from the convention center, but it had windows on two sides, and one side, I had a perfect view of the Hall H tents.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #176 on: February 06, 2019, 04:24:13 PM »

No, but if I recall I think Erin and Devorah did once.  It was pretty awesome.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #177 on: February 06, 2019, 04:36:35 PM »
I had a corner room once! I had asked for a room facing the convention center, but they wanted to charge me extra. I declined, but they decided to put me in a corner room on the bridge side, still facing away from the convention center, but it had windows on two sides, and one side, I had a perfect view of the Hall H tents.

That is amazing!  I had two friends want the convention side and they tried to charge them $50 a night.  Joke was on them they had an email that stated it was only $15.  They won.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #178 on: February 06, 2019, 04:37:26 PM »
No, but if I recall I think Erin and Devorah did once.  It was pretty awesome.

I think they should just skip the lotto and put us in corner rooms.  it's the right thing to do!

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #179 on: February 06, 2019, 04:43:08 PM »
I think they should just skip the lotto and put us in corner rooms.  it's the right thing to do!

Absolutely! FoCC gets first dibs, then the rest of the attendees have to duke it out lmao  ;)