Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 211488 times)

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #1185 on: April 11, 2019, 11:39:48 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is this new?  I don't remember ever seeing this before
I think it is.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #1186 on: April 11, 2019, 11:40:04 AM »
I need a nap.

I just clocked into work 40 minutes ago so my day has just begun.  Send halp plz

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #1187 on: Today at 12:27:24 AM »

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #1187 on: April 11, 2019, 11:40:18 AM »
Posting this again since I think it got lost in the excitement.  Anyone know if it's possible to get exact times from Safari on iPhone?
I tried to find any info I could, but I'm not sure how much cache a mobile browser keeps.  If the history doesn't give you the info, I'm not sure what else to check.

Offline eek

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 70
« Reply #1188 on: April 11, 2019, 11:40:43 AM »
Was it just me or did your browser not turn into a running man right away? Once 9AM hit it took it a little bit for my browsers to switch, and when they switched to the running man it was at different times.

My browser didn't immediately flip to running man at 9:00. It took at least another minute.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #1189 on: April 11, 2019, 11:40:45 AM »
Was it just me or did your browser not turn into a running man right away? Once 9AM hit it took it a little bit for my browsers to switch, and when they switched to the running man it was at different times.

The quickest any of my sessions turned to running man was either right at 9:01 or maybe a touch after that. Which is odd considering some people have said they got in at 9:00:45 or so.

(Also, side note, just realized in my second session, I forgot to insert CCI Member ID. Oh well.)

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #1190 on: April 11, 2019, 11:41:08 AM »
My browsers did the same thing, although my first session to get in (just before 9:01) loaded with almost completely green running man bar.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #1191 on: April 11, 2019, 11:45:05 AM »
I need a nap.

So It's not just me.

I'm exhausted, and it's only 2:45 pm for me.
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 338
« Reply #1192 on: April 11, 2019, 11:50:25 AM »
So I'm accustom to Queue-It, and can sort of explain what's going on. So some of you mentioned it didn't go to the running man at exactly 9:00. For the record, it did not happen for me as well. So how the system works, once you get into the waiting room, Queue-It is set to automatically refresh at certain intervals. I've never studied it close enough, but I'll guess around a minute.

So not everybody will be on the same interval schedule. Chances are, at 9:00 even, your interval hasn't finished yet, so the running man won't start until the full 1 minute (or whatever its set to) interval finishes.

So thus everyone will have the running man showing at a different time. However, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume Queue-It's system will account for the various different intervals, and will not start everything until it knows everybody in the waiting room has been randomized.

I know this is confusing, and I'm sorry. I can try and clarify more later. I hope those that do understand what I said, will understand how it works.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 11:53:12 AM by Jonathan »

Offline eek

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 70
« Reply #1193 on: April 11, 2019, 11:52:24 AM »
So I'm accustom to Queue-It, and can sort of explain what's going on. So some of you mentioned it didn't go to the running man at exactly 9:00. For the record, it did not happen for me as well. So how the system works, once you get into the waiting room, Queue-It is set to automatically refresh at certain intervals. I've never studied it close enough, but I'll guess around a minute.

So not everybody will be on the same interval schedule. So say you got in at 8:45:15 seconds, someone else got into the waiting room at 8:45:20 seconds. There will be a 5 second difference between the both of you and when it refreshes. So at 9:00 even, your interval hasn't finished yet, so the running man won't start until the full 1 minute (or whatever its set to) interval finishes. So thus everyone will have the running man showing at a different time. However, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume Queue-It's system will account for the various different intervals, and will not start everything until it knows everybody in the waiting room has been randomized.

I know this is confusing, and I'm sorry. I can try and clarify more later. I hope those that do understand what I said, will understand how it works.

Thanks for the explanation. I figured it had something to do with the refresh interval.

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #1194 on: April 11, 2019, 11:52:37 AM »
any idea what the parameters were? iow, any common approaches- browsers-tabs-devices etc all?

I was captcha’d on all 8. They were captcha’d in exactly the order I opened them. However, I opened them throughout the hour, but all were captcha’d around 8:50-8:56.

All were open on the same computer.

Let’s see how many more times I can say captcha’d.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #1195 on: April 11, 2019, 11:54:27 AM »
Next up: SDCC 2019 Exclusives Lottery!! :)

HOLD ON!! One thing at a time here! I just caught my breath from Hotelpocalypse! :D

Offline dville

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 66
« Reply #1196 on: April 11, 2019, 11:54:49 AM »
I was captcha’d on all 8. They were captcha’d in exactly the order I opened them. However, I opened them throughout the hour, but all were captcha’d around 8:50-8:56.

All were open on the same computer.

Let’s see how many more times I can say captcha’d.

You may be the winner!
If stupidity got us in this mess, then why can't it get us out?

Offline lilredrubi74

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 141
« Reply #1197 on: April 11, 2019, 11:54:56 AM »
Wow, I feel like I got run through a washing machine. I’m so worn out from anxiety

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 338
« Reply #1198 on: April 11, 2019, 11:55:26 AM »
HOLD ON!! One thing at a time here! I just caught my breath from Hotelpocalypse! :D

Correct!  We can't think exclusives until we have a place to sleep....one in which we'll probably all pay nearly $300 a night, and only maybe spend 5 hours in it each day......I love Comic-Con, don't you?! ;)

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #1199 on: April 11, 2019, 11:55:57 AM »
You may be the winner!

Always knew I’d be good at something

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer