Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 210941 times)

Offline malarrya

• Exhibit Hall
  • I'm pretty good with a bo-staff.
  • Liked: 23
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #2640 on: June 28, 2019, 11:47:10 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Unfortunately, the cancelation policy does apply to changing rooms. Asked a rep yesterday about it :/

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

I called them a little while ago and they said the same thing. I can understand that a Hotel may get upset if someone switches to a closer one leaving them with vacant rooms but the money is still going into the pot of Comic-Con Hotels. There should maybe be a switching fee, if I am only moving to a different location, but not a cancellation fee. If I can't attend at all, yeah then a cancellation fee. The hotels would have you believe they may not be able to fill the empty room and lose money but let's be real; this is San Diego Comic-Con... they will sell out and they are already overcharging for that week.
Twitter/Facebook: malarrya
SDCC 2006-2019 | WonderCon 2012-2016 | StarCon Pasadena 1996-98 | ECCC 2013 | Comikaze 2013 | ScareLA 2015 | Star Wars Celebration 2007, 2015

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #2641 on: June 28, 2019, 12:35:41 PM »
Actually, there are quite a few hotels now available through the On-Peak webiste. I'm staying at the Hilton San Diego Mission Valley and would change to the something closer but the expensive cancellation policy ruins that. Unless, however, they don't charge a cancellation fee for changing hotels?

Unfortunately, the cancelation policy does apply to changing rooms. Asked a rep yesterday about it :/

I called them a little while ago and they said the same thing. I can understand that a Hotel may get upset if someone switches to a closer one leaving them with vacant rooms but the money is still going into the pot of Comic-Con Hotels. There should maybe be a switching fee, if I am only moving to a different location, but not a cancellation fee. If I can't attend at all, yeah then a cancellation fee. The hotels would have you believe they may not be able to fill the empty room and lose money but let's be real; this is San Diego Comic-Con... they will sell out and they are already overcharging for that week.

FORUM HOUSEKEEPING:
Moved these posts from the Hotel Offer Thread to the general hotel discussion thread.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2642 on: Today at 02:57:48 AM »

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #2642 on: June 28, 2019, 02:40:39 PM »
Supposedly OP is transferring the reservations to the hotels starting today.

I may start calling soon to change over my HHonors account (if it doesn't show up in my account automatically) and put in any requests.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline Mspersnickety

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2643 on: June 29, 2019, 05:27:01 PM »
OK I have a serious question! Yesterday we booked with OnPeak for Comic-Con. They took the money out, and sent an email confirmation. Today the money reappeared back into our account!! I checked OnPeak and our reservation still is showing as is it did yesterday. Can anyone explain this? Has it happened to anyone else? Does it matter that we used a Visa Debit Bankcard? We're worried we'll lose our reservation!! :'( :'(

Offline Requia

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 36
« Reply #2644 on: June 30, 2019, 06:10:55 AM »
OK I have a serious question! Yesterday we booked with OnPeak for Comic-Con. They took the money out, and sent an email confirmation. Today the money reappeared back into our account!! I checked OnPeak and our reservation still is showing as is it did yesterday. Can anyone explain this? Has it happened to anyone else? Does it matter that we used a Visa Debit Bankcard? We're worried we'll lose our reservation!! :'( :'(
That happened with me last week, and when I checked a couple of days later, the charge returned. If the reservation still appears as confirmed, check back again tomorrow to see if it reappears. If it doesn't, it wouldn't hurt to give them a call to confirm.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 03:46:23 PM by Requia »

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #2645 on: June 30, 2019, 09:34:46 AM »
Just got an email from Hilton Hinors about my upcoming stay in the Gaslamp. Looks like reservations are being transferred.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #2646 on: June 30, 2019, 09:39:03 AM »
Nothing yet here...
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline Mspersnickety

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2647 on: June 30, 2019, 03:42:52 PM »
That happened with me last week, and when I checked a couple of days late, the charge returned. If the reservation still appears as confirmed, check back again tomorrow to see if it reappears. If it doesn't, it wouldn't hurt to give them a call to confirm.

Thank you so very much for your response!! I greatly appreciate it, and will definitely call them tomorrow!!

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #2648 on: June 30, 2019, 03:45:16 PM »
I just checked and I can still make changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #2649 on: June 30, 2019, 04:34:22 PM »
Called Hilton Bayfront and they don’t have my reservation yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lorendahl

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #2650 on: June 30, 2019, 05:14:57 PM »
Anyone have Wednesday night only at the Hard Rock? That's all we need to finish out the bulk of my party's needs...

Even a Saturday night might work...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 07:19:58 PM by Lorendahl »

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #2651 on: July 01, 2019, 01:39:45 PM »
The Hilton Gaslamp just tried to charge my credit card for the total I already paid to OnPeak.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #2652 on: July 01, 2019, 01:57:31 PM »
The Hilton Gaslamp just tried to charge my credit card for the total I already paid to OnPeak.

Nothing for Bayfront on my end yet, but my bank is slow to show charges.  Anyone at Bayfront notice anything?

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #2653 on: July 01, 2019, 02:00:40 PM »

Why am I unsurprised by this turn of events? It's always a hilton property lol...
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 310
« Reply #2654 on: July 01, 2019, 02:00:47 PM »

Not this again  :o