Author Topic: Star Wars Celebrations, Japan April 18-20, 2025  (Read 3067 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Re: Star Wars Celebrations, Japan April 18-20, 2025
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2023, 12:09:06 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If I go to Japan it has to involve Disney.  I don't know the specifics but it's repeatedly stated by people its one of the best or THE best Disney park in the world.

The only Disneysea in the world is in Tokyo.  Disneysea was meant to be the companion park to Disneyland.  It was originally meant to have been built in Long Beach but Disney didn't have the money to do it.  So a third party licensed the concept from Disney and built it in Tokyo.

The Disney parks are nice but they would be down the list of things I would do in Japan.  Since they are so similar to Disney parks anywhere.  I would budget time for things that are unique to Japan.  If you do go and don't want to spend all day there, they sell discounted tickets for afternoon admission.

Speaking of which, especially for people in this forum, go to Nakano.  Many people have heard of Akihabara which is a must visit.  But for popular culture items, there's also this shopping center right next to the train station in Nakano.  If you like the small dealers on the exhibit floor at comic-con, this place will be like heaven.  If you are into dollar stores, probably the oldest Daiso I have ever been to is at the far end of this shopping center as well.  If you are into cameras, particularly used cameras, Fujiya camera is in the very Japanese shopping arcade leading up to Nakano Broadway.  Typical Japanese reserve goes out the window when they bring out fresh bins of "junk" camera lenses.

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2023, 05:38:08 PM »

The Disney parks are nice but they would be down the list of things I would do in Japan.  Since they are so similar to Disney parks anywhere.  I would budget time for things that are unique to Japan.  If you do go and don't want to spend all day there, they sell discounted tickets for afternoon admission.

NO, NO, NO! If you don't see DisneySea, you are missing out on something spectacular. There is no other Disney park like it in the world. I've been to California and Florida. DisneySea is the absolute best.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:53:10 AM »

Offline Nooklin

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2024, 10:05:27 AM »
I am considering attending this show in Japan. Looking for tips and tricks for attending a con in Japan. I’ve heard Singapore Airlines is the best and I should get a JR metro pass?

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2024, 08:27:41 AM »
I am considering attending this show in Japan. Looking for tips and tricks for attending a con in Japan. I’ve heard Singapore Airlines is the best and I should get a JR metro pass?

Regarding the JR Pass -- it has to be ordered before you travel and is cost efficient if you are going to be taking some trips to other cities and towns.  If you're staying near the con and only doing the con you don't need it, but if you plan to take the Shinkansen to Kyoto, Osaka, etc. it is worthwhile. 

We were in Japan a few months ago and took just one trip between cities (Kyoto to Tokyo) and it wasn't worth it to buy the pass.  A previous trip when we took many day trips to other cities it was very much worth it.

On the right hand side of this page there's a green Ask Question button where "Daniel" will let you know if you should buy the pass, and he also provides other travel info.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline ArkhamNightmare

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2024, 02:22:37 PM »
This one is a possibility for me, but most likely will be working it. Not just attending.

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2024, 07:22:04 PM »
NO, NO, NO! If you don't see DisneySea, you are missing out on something spectacular. There is no other Disney park like it in the world. I've been to California and Florida. DisneySea is the absolute best.

I have heard the same.  And I liked what I saw on Imagineering on Disney Plus lol