Author Topic: Cosplay chat  (Read 95455 times)

Offline codeviolet

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 48
Re: Cosplay chat
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2018, 11:33:14 AM »
I'm working on a psylocke cosplay so I'd enjoy taking pics with deadpools!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 289
« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2018, 12:15:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm working on a psylocke cosplay so I'd enjoy taking pics with deadpools!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

nice! I hope I run into you! :)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #137 on: Today at 01:43:26 AM »

Offline darlenealderson

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2018, 11:38:01 AM »
I really want to do my Carrie cosplay, but it requires copious amounts of fake blood...is it allowed?

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
  • Cheese and Carb Enthusiast
  • Liked: 302
« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2018, 09:40:55 AM »
I really want to do my Carrie cosplay, but it requires copious amounts of fake blood...is it allowed?

It's allowed. I've seen gorier/more grotesque cosplays in conventions and nobody really seems to bat an eye.

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2018, 06:05:17 PM »
So I sort of mentioned this before last year but would any fellow FoCCers be interested in an FoCC cosplay gathering?

Offline epicaz

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 264
« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2018, 09:57:15 AM »
Well I went from having no new cosplay to suddenly having a few options... Gosh they're all really weeby this year.

I'll have the ED outfit for Ichigo from Darling in the Franxx, Annie from Attack on Titan Junior High, and maaaybe.. if I can pull it off in time.. Tokoyami from My Hero Academia. We shall see!
Now of course the year I choose to drive is the year I decide not to bring any of my big prop cosplays.. Oof.

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #141 on: May 31, 2018, 10:18:25 AM »
Well I went from having no new cosplay to suddenly having a few options... Gosh they're all really weeby this year.

I'll have the ED outfit for Ichigo from Darling in the Franxx, Annie from Attack on Titan Junior High, and maaaybe.. if I can pull it off in time.. Tokoyami from My Hero Academia. We shall see!
Now of course the year I choose to drive is the year I decide not to bring any of my big prop cosplays.. Oof.

If you do Tokoyami, will you be doing his gym uniform or his hero costume? Also if you do end up going as Tokoyami and we both somehow end up at the Viz booth at the same time, we need to take a pic together (I'll be in his gym uniform) xD

Offline epicaz

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 264
« Reply #142 on: June 01, 2018, 04:27:54 PM »
If you do Tokoyami, will you be doing his gym uniform or his hero costume? Also if you do end up going as Tokoyami and we both somehow end up at the Viz booth at the same time, we need to take a pic together (I'll be in his gym uniform) xD

Probably his hero outfit, though it depends! :) I figured if I can rope my boyfriend into being dark shadow, this cosplay could be a lot of fun.

I'll definitely want some pics with you regardless of whether I complete it in time! ;D

Offline lilredrubi74

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 141
« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2018, 11:01:44 AM »
Does anyone know if I can bring a cricket bat? We were thinking of doing a Shaun of the Dead for one of the days but I don’t want to haul a cricket bat from Texas if I can’t bring it in. Thanks

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2018, 11:16:50 AM »
Does anyone know if I can bring a cricket bat? We were thinking of doing a Shaun of the Dead for one of the days but I don’t want to haul a cricket bat from Texas if I can’t bring it in. Thanks

I took a look at the costume props policy and it doesn't explicitly say that they ban any type of bat from the convention: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I would keep in mind though about the policy of cosplay swords/any type of cosplay weapon tied to you. It's a pretty inconsistent policy since security didn't really enforce it during last year's SDCC/this year's WonderCon although I do know some cosplayers who got stopped and others who didn't have an issue holding their prop normally.

Offline lilredrubi74

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 141
« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2018, 11:21:14 AM »
I took a look at the costume props policy and it doesn't explicitly say that they ban any type of bat from the convention: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I would keep in mind though about the policy of cosplay swords/any type of cosplay weapon tied to you. It's a pretty inconsistent policy since security didn't really enforce it during last year's SDCC/this year's WonderCon although I do know some cosplayers who got stopped and others who didn't have an issue holding their prop normally.

Thanks! I had looked through the rules and couldn’t find anything against but I was unsure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #146 on: June 07, 2018, 05:46:26 PM »
Thanks! I had looked through the rules and couldn’t find anything against but I was unsure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The convention center has it's own policy.  Since the definition of a bat is "a stout solid stick : club", I think it's banned by the convention center rules.

"Dangerous weapons include, but are not limited to: firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons"

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #147 on: June 07, 2018, 06:09:02 PM »
The convention center has it's own policy.  Since the definition of a bat is "a stout solid stick : club", I think it's banned by the convention center rules.

"Dangerous weapons include, but are not limited to: firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons"

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that part. Anyways, I might make a plastic version/foam version of the cricket bat. From my experience in other conventions, wooden bats are generally banned since it can be considered as a weapon. Most cosplayers who use bats (aka Harley Quinns or Negans) go for the plastic version.

Offline cbaggs

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 92
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2018, 12:17:41 PM »
I'm planning to do a cosplay this year that pulls on some elements from Mad Max...that means there will be spark plugs and spikes and stuff on our costumes.  Does anyone know if that's ok?  I can't find anything in the SDCC costume policy from 2017 (still waiting on the 2018 policy) or in the convention center policies that covers things like this that aren't specifically detachable "weapons".  Any help would be appreciated!

Offline codeviolet

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2018, 05:07:48 PM »
Gonna try to cram in another cosplay before con....

Does anyone have any tips for Chun Li's Alpha bracelet?? I'm looking for something to use for the metal 'studs'...something dome shaped that I could pain silver....any suggestions? Someone recommended the round half of plastic easter egg but I'd like something that could attach a bit more easily to the base....

Any ideas are appreciated!