Author Topic: Doctor Who, 2:15-3:15 pm, Hall H  (Read 18499 times)

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
Re: Doctor Who to Take Over SDCC Hall H on Thursday
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 09:02:34 AM »
The line camping started early for Twilight, but at the same time, I literally just walked in to the Hall H for the final Twilight panel.  And if Doctor Who is midafternoon, a lot of people will still hit the exhibit hall floor first.

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 09:05:57 AM »
I think comparing this to the Twilight panel may be a flawed comparison.  IMO Twilight did not have as much crossover with typical SDCC attendees as Doctor Who has.  Someone who is interested in exclusives might be more willing to skip or postpone the exhibit floor for Doctor Who than they would have for Twilight.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Doctor Who, 2:15-3:15 pm, Hall H
« Reply #17 on: Today at 02:34:57 AM »

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 09:08:22 AM »
Darn, and I've already got tickets to Enchantment Under the SDCC Wednesday night. And the Hannibal panel has been on Thursday in the past too! Ack. Looks like I've got to think about priorities already.

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2015, 09:08:54 AM »
I agree, the early campers for Twilight were just there to get front section seats.  I see the same thing here.  You'll have 500-1000 people start camping early.  That's still over 5000 seats left and plenty of room for people who just want to be in the hall.  CCI just needs to do something to make sure the early 500-1000 don't turn into 2000-3000 by Thursday morning due to line cutters.  Early handout of wristbands would help here.

The other factor is what else is in Hall H on Thursday.  That will also determine how many early campers you have.  If nothing else, this is certainly going to test whatever line policy CCI puts in place.  People will NOT wait until 8pm Wednesday night to start a line.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2015, 09:10:56 AM »
This is totally bizarre! I guess the Con Man Hall H rumor might be true. I'm gonna guess the Marvel panel is a TV one.........Daredevil and the Netflix shows coming up? AoS and Agent Carter?
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline tweetygal

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 59
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2015, 09:14:25 AM »
Now I'm hoping Con M isn't in Hall H after all. If it is and it is indeed sandwiched between Doctor Who & Marvel (per that interview) the lines are going to be insane.

Though if it's Marvel TV (AoS & Carter), I'd be through the roof thrilled. That'd be a Thursday well spent.

Of course, I just got into Game of Thrones so...sigh.

Offline epicskyline

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 99
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2015, 09:28:21 AM »
I know that the line will be crazy, but I do think a lot of the nuttiness of old Sunday lines had to do with B20 being closed. My guess is that you'll be able to get in line as late as 5am - depending on what else is in there - and get a seat in the room.

Offline epicaz

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 264
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2015, 09:55:11 AM »
For non-Who fans.... RIP walk in Thursday Hall H :P

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2015, 10:24:43 AM »
I still agree with the assessments that just getting into the Hall will not be that difficult.  The core fans will line up crazy early and so, yes, if you're one of those fans you can start to plan now for an overnight camp out.  Everyone else can relax a little.

Of course if the reference to Marvel somehow turns into Marvel movie panel (everyone is expecting TV), then all bets are off.  People without PN passes will have nothing better to do than start lining up.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2015, 10:27:57 AM »
I am with Epicaz, I'm going to miss just walking into Hall H on Thursday!

OTOH, if Hall H on Thursday is packed, and Saturday is packed, then that means fewer people trying for Friday, so I'm happy with that. ;)

I do recall my first 2 years at SDCC, walking by all of the people in line for Twilight on Wednesday night, and wondering why the heck they would be missing Preview Night when they all had 4 day badges (this was back when all 4 day badges were allowed into PN).

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2015, 10:32:07 AM »
I'm kind of bummed because Sunday is my SuperWho day.  It's the only day I attempt Hall H because both Supernatural and Doctor Who are smushed together in there.  I feel like I'm a child in the middle of a divorce. My fandom parents are splitting up! I need a hug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2015, 10:36:03 AM »
I know that the line will be crazy, but I do think a lot of the nuttiness of old Sunday lines had to do with B20 being closed. My guess is that you'll be able to get in line as late as 5am - depending on what else is in there - and get a seat in the room.
That's a good point. Also, a lot of Sunday panels in 6A, 6BCF and 6DE are kid-related.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2015, 10:41:40 AM »
I'm kind of bummed because Sunday is my SuperWho day.  It's the only day I attempt Hall H because both Supernatural and Doctor Who are smushed together in there.  I feel like I'm a child in the middle of a divorce. My fandom parents are splitting up! I need a hug.

But like divorced parents, you can visit with both. Thursday and Sunday are 2 days apart, so you'll have plenty of time to rest up.

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2015, 11:09:01 AM »
My son is the Doctor Who fan, me I'm a take it or leave it, but I have Enchantment Under the Sea tickets and a meet-up with my Buying Group. We will be arriving on Tuesdays and will access things at that point. I know my daughter and I will be getting in line for exclusives, guess my son will be getting in line for Doctor Who, if anyone else planning on lining up for doctor who on Wednesday let me know maybe you can line up with my son.
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2015, 11:12:28 AM »
I can see a mass exodus from the PN breakfast meetup to go get in line!