Author Topic: Comic-Con Museum, Center for Popular Culture  (Read 78069 times)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
Re: Comic-Con Museum, Center for Popular Culture
« Reply #195 on: February 13, 2020, 07:44:39 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I haven't gotten email about this. It's been up on eventbrite and says it's free for charter members and $5 for general admission. Since it mentions a promo code I take it that charter members should have gotten an email with a promo code. Did people get an email about this?
Comic-Con Museum Charter Members seemed to have gotten an e-mail.  I got one, though when I logged in yesterday am before 8 the GET OUT free passes were already 'sold out' (though you could still purchase the $5 tix).  I got tix for the event next week and look forward to going with my kids

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #196 on: February 13, 2020, 07:49:21 AM »
Comic-Con Museum Charter Members seemed to have gotten an e-mail.  I got one, though when I logged in yesterday am before 8 the GET OUT free passes were already 'sold out' (though you could still purchase the $5 tix).  I got tix for the event next week and look forward to going with my kids
i'm overly annoyed i won't be able to attend the WC art opening....
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #197 on: Today at 06:45:22 AM »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #197 on: February 13, 2020, 11:46:29 AM »
Nevermind.  It turns out they did send me an email.  My email program just didn't download it.  I went to my CCM account and clicked on the last email that I got, from 1/30.  When I did it downloaded 3 more emails from CCM. One of which is the invite for this event.  Stupid email program.

I think it's a good idea that they are charging for general admission. It should cut down on the number of no shows as well as allow people that will really attend to do so. If it was free it would be sold out by now since people would sign up just because it was free. By charging a small amount only people that are serious about showing up will do so now. People that would have attended previous events didn't simply because it was sold out even though at the event there are so many no shows.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 11:59:20 AM by chocolateshake »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #198 on: February 13, 2020, 01:07:05 PM »
If there's something I want to attend, I go stand by. I haven't been disappointed yet ;)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #199 on: February 14, 2020, 10:07:51 AM »
Nevermind.  It turns out they did send me an email.  My email program just didn't download it.  I went to my CCM account and clicked on the last email that I got, from 1/30.  When I did it downloaded 3 more emails from CCM. One of which is the invite for this event.  Stupid email program.

I think it's a good idea that they are charging for general admission. It should cut down on the number of no shows as well as allow people that will really attend to do so. If it was free it would be sold out by now since people would sign up just because it was free. By charging a small amount only people that are serious about showing up will do so now. People that would have attended previous events didn't simply because it was sold out even though at the event there are so many no shows.
To add, as a Member seeing the free option is already 'sold out' for GET OUT, I can still pay the relatively cheap admission price and see it anyway!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #200 on: February 19, 2020, 01:10:43 PM »

The Comic-Con Museum celebrates Will Eisner Week with a quartet of panels on Sunday, March 1 devoted to the master of comics storytelling! Join us to celebrate a comics visionary! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

&

comicconmuseum Sense of Wonder with Eisner Award winning artist and illustrator, Jen Bartel, will be live-streamed from the #ComicConMuseum! In case you weren't able to get tickets to the event main event, here is your chance to not miss a moment of this wonder-full evening You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. Tickets are available here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #201 on: February 19, 2020, 08:05:19 PM »
They gave out signed by Jen Bertel Wondercon cover posters and museum pins tonight. It was pretty cool.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #202 on: February 19, 2020, 09:23:29 PM »
They gave out signed by Jen Bertel Wondercon cover posters and museum pins tonight. It was pretty cool.

I'm so sorry I missed it.  :(

I wished they emailed this out instead of tweeting it.  They didn't email it out right?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 09:27:15 PM by chocolateshake »

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #203 on: February 20, 2020, 06:42:11 AM »
I'm so sorry I missed it.  :(

I wished they emailed this out instead of tweeting it.  They didn't email it out right?

I did get an email about the Eisner thing. Check your spam or settings?

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #204 on: February 20, 2020, 08:32:44 AM »
they did email.

where is it getting stuck? iirc, u had the same problem with another one of the cci emails

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #205 on: February 20, 2020, 11:43:48 AM »
I did get an email about the Eisner thing. Check your spam or settings?

Not in my spam.  Not in my account at all.  I unfairly maligned my email program previously.  That's not the problem.  I logged into the account directly and it's just not there.  Furthermore I looked at the raw headers for the mail I got last time that was delayed.  I got the email about the Wondercon event after the last Museum Insider.  It should have been the other way around.  Looking at the headers, the email arrived the moment my email program notified me.  It was delayed.  It wasn't sent until then.  If this model holds, then I should receive that email from yesterday today or tomorrow.

they did email.

where is it getting stuck? iirc, u had the same problem with another one of the cci emails

I did have the same problem last time.  From what I can tell from the headers, it's on their end.  The mail is being sent late.  The last emails that showed up late I got 48 seconds after they sent it.  It's just that they sent it a couple of days late.

This is a problem.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 12:04:16 PM by chocolateshake »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #206 on: February 20, 2020, 06:47:10 PM »
Last night's panel is up on youtube.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #207 on: February 21, 2020, 08:29:18 PM »
comicconmuseum Black Comix Day: Heroes Rise III is a 2 day event starting on February 22 in Balboa Park that celebrates African-American & African Comic Book Creators. This is a free event open to everyone who would like to learn more about black culture and the comic book medium. This is part of the Worldbeat Center’s Black Future Month events. To learn more visit facebook.com/worldbeatculturalcenter

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #208 on: March 01, 2020, 06:37:55 PM »
More proof that I never win a raffle, with the number of items raffled off and the number of people there, there was about a 25% chance of winning something.  I didn't win anything.

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #209 on: March 02, 2020, 02:36:29 PM »
More proof that I never win a raffle, with the number of items raffled off and the number of people there, there was about a 25% chance of winning something.  I didn't win anything.
I was there too...and won nothing. And neither did my son or my friend. Rigged!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk