Author Topic: 2013 All Offers for Condos for Rent / Condo Discussion Thread  (Read 53808 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
Re: 2013 All Offers for Condos for Rent / Condo Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2013, 03:56:45 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We have a home that just opened up because the group who was going to stay backed out. The home sleeps 14 in the Mission Hills area...if anyone knows of any groups interested it is a great value for that many people. We advertise on Homeaway.com property 348080 so you can see the great reviews. I hope this is ok for me to pst here. The group who backed out held the property for three months prior before backing out....

Perhaps a link to where you have it advertised?  an approx cost for the week? I assume you have pictures on the other site?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline daveanddonna

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2013, 09:35:43 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Here is the link to the home. Thank you for the suggestion!

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2013, 10:41:30 AM »
That's nice!  And if 14 ppl go in it would only be $321/pp/wk, not bad.  Hope someone grabs it :)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2013, 07:36:46 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Here is the link to the home. Thank you for the suggestion!

I’m gonna start naming the rooms in my place things like “Ocean Room” and “The Executive Suite”.  :)

Offline Millground

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2013, 06:11:14 PM »
Hi

We are renting out our apartment 15-22 July for the Comic Con, 1200 sqr feet, located <0,5 mile from the Convention Center. It is 2 master(queen size bed in both) with 2 full bathroom, plus 1 more toilet. 15th floor with great view. Location 645 Front Street.
Fully furnished. Dishwasher and washing machine+dryer. In the living room there are 1 sofa which can retractable becoming to a 2 person bed. 1 small sofa. If you want we put in extra mattresses.

It includes cleaning before you move in, one cleaning during the week and cleaning when you move out. Parking space for 2 cars in guarded garage.

Price: 7995$ for 7 days.

Please inbox me and I will send you my email and pictures.

All the best
Karl

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2013, 08:34:55 AM »
Price: 7995$ for 7 days.

Whaaaat??  Until just now I thought I was numb to the high housing prices associated with Comic Con, but apparently not because WTF?  If anyone actually takes this, please PM me so we can be friends and you can buy me nice things. :)

Offline cnye

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2013, 10:43:03 PM »
COMIC CON HOTEL ROOM SHARE (Porto Vista Hotel)
Offering a cool hotel room for 4 nights (Wed - Sat) during Comic Con (July 17-21), with 2 queen size beds and want to share the room. Places are hard to find…

Check out the Porto Vista Hotel @  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, located in Little Italy, two blocks from the trolley and about a 15 min ride to the convention center.

Would like to share with up to 3 other people (yeah, we'll have to share beds) so cost would go down to about $450 each. Not looking to make money, just want to make the trip more affordable.

805-797-1861 or contact me on Facebook -- Calvin Nye, CSU Channel Islands.

Offline Jeff

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2013, 01:20:59 PM »
Whaaaat??  Until just now I thought I was numb to the high housing prices associated with Comic Con, but apparently not because WTF?  If anyone actually takes this, please PM me so we can be friends and you can buy me nice things. :)
Haha uhm yeh... 8g's for a 7 night stay smh.  That's almost what I pay in rent... per year.

Offline ttttt2007

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2013, 06:30:27 AM »
my host via airbnb just notify me last night she is relocating to another city, have to cancel my booking. Starting over for the search.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2013, 07:02:10 AM »
my host via airbnb just notify me last night she is relocating to another city, have to cancel my booking. Starting over for the search.

did you add any type of insurance when you booked? check w/ airbnb first to see if they can help accomodate you w/ a similar listing...
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline ttttt2007

• Freebie Table
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2013, 07:27:49 AM »
i never use airbnb before, I didn't know there is any option to get insurance. I booked this place back in late January for two people at $235 per night.

airbnb stated...

When a host has officially canceled your reservation on Airbnb before your stay, you will automatically receive an email from the Airbnb system explaining that we have credited your account for the amount you paid for the reservation, plus an additional credit in the event that you end up spending more than the original reservation total. You'll then be able to book another listing using your travel credit, or you can request a full refund.

Any idea what is an "additional credit"? At this point, anything is going to be above what I paid for.

Talos
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 07:36:30 AM by ttttt2007 »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2013, 07:39:38 AM »
i never use airbnb before, I didn't know there is any option to get insurance. I booked this place back in late January for two people at $235 per night.

airbnb stated...

When a host has officially canceled your reservation on Airbnb before your stay, you will automatically receive an email from the Airbnb system explaining that we have credited your account for the amount you paid for the reservation, plus an additional credit in the event that you end up spending more than the original reservation total. You'll then be able to book another listing using your travel credit, or you can request a full refund.

Any idea what is an "additional credit"?

Talos

It seems to me that "additional credit" means extra money (or "travel credit" for Airbnb) that they will return to you, in case you happen to spend a little more money than your original reservation.  Based on my understanding, perhaps one can think of it as going to a store to return a pair of jeans and then getting store credit, instead of a cash refund.

However, instead of requesting for "travel credit," you can get a full refund for the amount that you paid for the reservation.

It seems like you have two options to get your money back.

Also, I would recommend contacting them directly to confirm this policy with them as well.  Good luck, and I hope that helps! ^-^d
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 07:45:14 AM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7002
2013 All Offers for Condos for Rent / Condo Discussion Thread
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2013, 08:29:57 AM »
Personally, given the slowness of some renters, I'd contact a bunch of condos as soon as easily possible, assuming the airbnb email will arrive before the final contract is done for a condo.
I'd also look at hotels
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline ttttt2007

• Freebie Table
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2013, 09:09:16 AM »
Personally, given the slowness of some renters, I'd contact a bunch of condos as soon as easily possible, assuming the airbnb email will arrive before the final contract is done for a condo.
I'd also look at hotels

At this point, hotels within walking distance are all gone. My limit is $280 per night for 2 people (since I am paying for both of us). Also need washer and dryer, since I am going to Asia right after.

Just found another location, one block behind Petco Park. Cost $250 more than what I paid before previously. Total now is $1544, with washer and dry, and one parking space which I don't need.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 10:53:16 AM by ttttt2007 »

Offline illaparatzo

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2013, 11:01:12 AM »
I was lurking Airbnb for a place and saw one that said it was a pull out couch a five minute walk away from the convention center. This is the listing: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You  could try finding a laundromat and doing laundry there if he doesn't have a washer/dryer. I booked an apartment 2.5 miles away because my boyfriend and I are going to bring our bikes and bike to and from the con. It saved us a ton of money (the rate is $105 a night!)

There is also this apartment, which I think I calculated at about 1 mile from the convention center when I thought I was interested in it. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login