Author Topic: NYCC 2016 Tickets  (Read 65223 times)

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
Re: NYCC 2016 Tickets
« Reply #255 on: May 21, 2016, 10:09:01 PM »
I would be happy with a VIP ticket with just the lounge and separate line to enter the exhibit hall in the morning, that's all I need.
It still doesn't make sense to me that they got rid of the VIP option to make it fair?
They have to then do the same at all their various conventions to keep it fair.
The VIP ticket option was the one thing for me that made nycc better than sdcc.

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #256 on: May 22, 2016, 08:38:46 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Did the verification registration thing. I like that they require you to get a code sent to your phone to be able to register. That should stop most of the duplicate accounts people create to get more/better chances to buy tickets. I know people make up duplicate/fake accounts for SDCC. All you really need to register for a SDCC account is an email address and you can easily make up as many gmail accounts as you want. At least with having to get a code by text it makes it a lot harder to make up duplicate accounts.
I'm still not happy they got rid of VIP tickets. Especially since they claim it is to make it a fair and better experience for all the fans, yet every other convention they run still offers VIP tickets. I guess they don't care about making a fair and better fan experience for those other conventions.
I was saying the same thing. The VIP option made NYCC so different than SDCC.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #257 on: Today at 08:09:19 AM »

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #257 on: May 23, 2016, 09:10:39 AM »
Getting rid of VIP makes NYCC way more fair.  Sure they have VIP at their other cons....but at a show like C2E2 it is completely unnecessary.
You get onto the floor at the same time as everyone else, you just get to skip the line, so maybe 10 minutes saved in the morning?
I have never seen a panel capped and every panel I have been in they have let regular attendees sit in VIP just so the seats weren't empty.

At NYCC this is far from the case as WAY more people show up, so get rid of the VIP and give everyone an equal shot.

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #258 on: May 23, 2016, 09:25:07 AM »
so in a situation where a VIP is not needed it is OK to have that type of badge but when the VIP would actually benefit the people spending the extra money for it then they shouldn't do it.

You get onto the floor at the same time as everyone else, you just get to skip the line, so maybe 10 minutes saved in the morning?
The NYCC VIP was the same, skip the line and once they let the VIPs in they let the regular pass holders in right after

I have never seen a panel capped and every panel I have been in they have let regular attendees sit in VIP just so the seats weren't empty.
While panels are capped at nycc there are no designated VIP seats either
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
« Reply #259 on: May 23, 2016, 09:32:00 AM »
I think getting rid of the VIP levels the playing field for all fans, not just the rich ones at NYCC.  At C2E2 the field is already even, just some fans have too much money and are getting almost no benifit from it.  At NYCC if you get onto the floor first you can get to all those in demand exclusives before the line is capped / sold out.  At C2E2 in recent years there have not been any exclusives that have demanded such craze to get to.

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #260 on: May 23, 2016, 09:41:29 AM »
Getting rid of VIP makes NYCC way more fair.  Sure they have VIP at their other cons....but at a show like C2E2 it is completely unnecessary.

At NYCC this is far from the case as WAY more people show up, so get rid of the VIP and give everyone an equal shot.

In all walks of life wether it's travel, theater, concerts, sporting events, even theme parks, there is always an option to pay more money to get a VIP experience. You could say it's not fair that someone has a flat bed in first class traveling on Virgin Atlantic from Las Vegas to London while we sit in Economy.
But that's just the way it is, it's a business and people want to pay more for a better seat or experience.

I just don't get the it's not fair thing.

Offline mzx380

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #261 on: May 23, 2016, 09:45:01 AM »
What your not realizing is that the people who buy VIP badges aren't millionaires.  They're just people who are willing to spend
More for the betterment of heir NYCC experience

I can guarantee you that with no VIP tickets, the chances of grabbing those exclusives will not increase.  In fact it will probably decrease since those people who spent money clearly are the ones that seem more invested in trying to grab these items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
« Reply #262 on: May 23, 2016, 09:48:32 AM »
[member=2541]Godolphin[/member] so for everything there is a VIP / pay more get more? How about SDCC?  Just because something exists in lots of venues doesn't mean its fair.  NYCC is just trying to balance the field some.  It's ok thought, the world will go on!

[member=2235]mzx380[/member] Or those people who had spent more money before will just use that money to buy the exclusives on the secondary market instead, it's impossible to tell now.

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #263 on: May 23, 2016, 10:06:00 AM »
[member=2541]Godolphin[/member] so for everything there is a VIP / pay more get more? How about SDCC?  Just because something exists in lots of venues doesn't mean its fair.  NYCC is just trying to balance the field some.  It's ok thought, the world will go on!

[member=2235]mzx380[/member] Or those people who had spent more money before will just use that money to buy the exclusives on the secondary market instead, it's impossible to tell now.

There is a big difference between SDCC and all other events or travel situations, SDCC is a non profit organization not a business like the others.

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #264 on: May 23, 2016, 10:08:22 AM »
Wow, I've been sick the past few days and had a thing for work all day Saturday, completely missed fan verification going up @.@ good thing I checked today! Time to get my group on the way to getting this filled out etc.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Online NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #265 on: May 23, 2016, 10:30:37 AM »
Just set mine up and email confirmed :)
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #266 on: May 23, 2016, 11:33:05 AM »
Actually I think nearly every comic con or similar events have a VIP option.
All the Amazing comic cons, all the Wizard World comic cons, all the Creation events, D23 etc
Until now only SDCC the sole non profit organization didn't offer a VIP option, which in that case makes sense.
NYCC does not make sense, in terms of fairness.

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
« Reply #267 on: May 23, 2016, 11:38:34 AM »
Ask the people that wait in line for hours and then get pushed back behind VIPs that walk right up what is more fair.  Are you a bigger fan just because you have more money to spend?
Most likely not.  I can't imagine a single person who doesn't normally buy VIPs are complaining that this isn't fair.....

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #268 on: May 23, 2016, 11:53:55 AM »
DragonCon does not do VIP.

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #269 on: May 23, 2016, 12:08:35 PM »
DragonCon does not do VIP.

They sort of do. They offer what they call an eternal membership. You get lifetime admission to the con, a special VIP line to pick up your badge each year which is a supposed to be a lot shorter line, first shot at all the free items that they give out each year, admission to a special meet and greet party the night before the convention begins and a few other things.