Author Topic: Adult Swim on the Green is Back  (Read 1317 times)

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
Adult Swim on the Green is Back
« on: July 10, 2018, 09:21:47 AM »
Just received this email:

"Adult Swim on the Green is back again.

We're building our own State Park and exposing you to all the nature you came to Comic-Con to avoid. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon watching some chainsaw-wielding wood carvers and get your buns toasted on our mechanical hot dog roaster. Have some s'mores around our midday bonfire while enjoying our streams, and visit the camp store so you can stock up on the merch you've been begging for (yeah, store's back)! You can pretend to be William Tell and even challenge your fellow humans to canoe races around our lazy river. It's going to be just like the good old days we imagine happened, sometime.
Sign up for details at the link below and gain express entry to our daytime events.

See you on the Green!
JULY 19-22 | 4P-LATE
*Games will close at 8P
Located at Convention Way
& 5th Ave Pier
Behind the Convention Center
FREE | 18 YRS+
Comic-Con Badge Not Required
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Love, Adult Swim "

It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline The_Nick

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
Re: Adult Swim on the Green is Back
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 10:46:34 AM »
From the blog:
Here’s the Adult Swim State Park’s full schedule:

THURSDAY, JULY 19 (open 4PM – 2AM)
8:00 p.m. – “Things You’ve Never Seen” Screening: A night of specials and original pilots brought to fans by SNICKERS.
10:00 p.m. – Last Stream on the Left Live! A live broadcast of popular podcast
11:00 p.m. – Let’s Play Pool Panic Live! Join Adult Swim Games for a late-night of gameplay and friendly multiplayer competition.

FRIDAY, JULY 20 (open 4PM – 2AM)
8:00 p.m. – AS Cosplay Competition Hosted by Henry Zebrowski – We invite cosplayers to show off their inspired creations, don their best Adult Swim themed garb and strut their stuff! Awards will be passed out and bragging rights will last a lifetime.
8:30 p.m. – The Venture Bros. Fan Event – Fans will watch two episodes from the new season of The Venture Bros. Creators Doc Hammer and Jackson Public on hand to reveal secrets of the new season in a special Q&A session.
10:00 p.m. – Let’s Play Pool Panic Live! Join Adult Swim Games for a late-night of gameplay and friendly multiplayer competition.

SATURDAY, JULY 22 (open 4PM – 2AM)
7:15 p.m. – Toonami Pre-Flight to with TOM and SARA – Get behind-the-scenes info from show hosts Jason DeMarco and Gill Austin, Steve Blum (voice of TOM) and Dana Swanson (voice of SARA).
8:15 p.m. – The Pillows Live In Concert – A event not to be missed! Special live concert to celebrate the new seasons of FLCL.
10:00 p.m. – Rick and Morty Fan Event – The fan favorite show is back for a special event! Admission is extremely limited so fans should register at AdultSwimPresents.com for details on how to receive event wristbands.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:28:01 AM »

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 10:51:35 AM »
I got an email saying to sign up for hte schedule, but when I did, they already said I was on the mailing list.  So I guess if one gets this email, you are already registered?

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 10:56:07 AM »
I got an email saying to sign up for hte schedule, but when I did, they already said I was on the mailing list.  So I guess if one gets this email, you are already registered?

You're not registering for participation, only for information and a mailing list.

Offline CptMyCpt24

• Hall H
  • myth of the chupacabra is just that - utter crap
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 10:57:25 AM »
Toucan #22 today says show your Comic-Con badge.  The line has usually been to crazy but with The Venture Brothers returning we might give it a shot.

There’s more fun outside Comic-Con International than ever before! In addition to our official programming and event rooms at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, the Hilton San Diego Bayfront, the Manchester Grand Hyatt, the Omni San Diego, the Horton Grand Theatre, and the San Diego Central Library, this is just a taste of the other offsite events to explore. Wear your Comic-Con 2018 badge for access to these events, if space is available!

Sounds to me like Adult Swim doesn't follow this rule for this event. 

Anyone have more info?
SDCC: 2011-2014, 2016-2019, 2022-| ECCC: 2015-2018, 2021 | WonderCon: ? | DragonCon: ? | NYCC: ?

Zim: Ummm, is it supposed to be stupid?
Tallest Purple: It's not stupid; [sarcastically] it's advanced!

Offline The_Nick

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 11:04:56 AM »
Toucan #22 today says show your Comic-Con badge.  The line has usually been to crazy but with The Venture Brothers returning we might give it a shot.

There’s more fun outside Comic-Con International than ever before! In addition to our official programming and event rooms at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, the Hilton San Diego Bayfront, the Manchester Grand Hyatt, the Omni San Diego, the Horton Grand Theatre, and the San Diego Central Library, this is just a taste of the other offsite events to explore. Wear your Comic-Con 2018 badge for access to these events, if space is available!

Sounds to me like Adult Swim doesn't follow this rule for this event. 

Anyone have more info?

Says in the Adult Swim email that no Comic Con badge is required.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 01:29:07 PM »
They are doing a lottery for the Rick and Morty event.
eta: Info will be sent on Tuesday, July 17 with how to sign up.

I know! I clicked and filled out, and then was told I was already signed up. Talk about running around in circles. LOL! .Anyway-I don't see anything on the website yet on how to pre-register (which just means you don't have to do it on site, and doesn't guarantee you'll get in)
Ang

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 12:18:06 PM »
lottery for the Saturday night events.

TO ENTER: Visit Adult Swim State Park before Friday at 7P and register your admission wristband. All registrants will be automatically entered into the Rick and Morty ticket lottery.

Every digital badge unlocked at the park’s many games and activations earns another entry in the lottery!

Winners will be notified on Friday, July 20 at 8P. Admission wristbands for the event will be distributed on Saturday, July 21 at the camp store from 10A-NOON.
Best of luck!

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 03:09:47 PM »
so I planned on being in Hall H majority of the day friday, however my costume this year is Adult Swim based and I'd like to turn out for that costume contest at 8:00 pm. if i leave hall h say a little before the sony panel ends at 7:15 pm do you think I would be ok?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:19:37 PM by FlamedLiquid »