Author Topic: Smaller Panel Positive Feedback to CCI  (Read 7482 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Smaller Panel Positive Feedback to CCI
« on: July 23, 2013, 10:56:22 AM »
I went to several “How to…<draw, ink, etc>” and “Spotlight on <artist>” panels this year and after each, the moderator made a special point of saying something to the effect of:  “If you like these panels, please let CCI know that you do.”  (paraphrased) 

So if you like these panels, please send CCI an email saying so with something like “Smaller Panel Positive Feedback” in the subject line as well as what type of panels you like & why in the message body.  The “positive” might get your email read sooner as they get a LOT of negative emails.  ;)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dogberry

• Gaming Lounge
  • Stories are worth dying for.
  • Liked: 1
Re: Smaller Panel Positive Feedback to CCI
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 01:36:57 AM »
This is a good idea! I totally believe in leaving good feedback whenever possible - there's way too much negativity going on and people tend to forget that a lot of hard work and effort goes towards making any event or panel possible.

I admit to sitting through Jim Lee's panel without knowing anything about who he was or what he does, mainly because I was waiting for Neil Gaiman to come on right after. However, it turned out to be a pleasant surprise because Mr Lee has a great sense of humour to complement his talent, and I loved how he reached out to members of the audience and got them to help with inking his drawings while giving illustration tips in between. Will definitely take on your suggestion and let CCI know so that we get to have more of such panels in the years to come. :)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:06:16 AM »

Offline CptMyCpt24

• Hall H
  • myth of the chupacabra is just that - utter crap
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 06:09:16 AM »
Ben 10 before Neil was a bad schedule IMO.  Neil deserved a bigger room and should have been away from Cosmos.
SDCC: 2011-2014, 2016-2019, 2022-| ECCC: 2015-2018, 2021 | WonderCon: ? | DragonCon: ? | NYCC: ?

Zim: Ummm, is it supposed to be stupid?
Tallest Purple: It's not stupid; [sarcastically] it's advanced!

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 07:07:12 AM »
I admit to sitting through Jim Lee's panel without knowing anything about who he was or what he does

Dood.  Where were you?    I was right next to the microphone in the center row.

He was killing me with the money serial number giveaway-I wanted the Death sketch.

Offline dogberry

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 08:23:41 AM »
Dood.  Where were you?    I was right next to the microphone in the center row.

He was killing me with the money serial number giveaway-I wanted the Death sketch.

I was in row three, smack in the centre of the panel table. So where Neil Gaiman was seated, he was directly facing me. I wanted the Joker sketch, actually. Always had a huge crush on the guy - but only the comic book version (not Heath Ledger's).

Anyways, I looked up Jim Lee after the panel to find out more about him and his work. Thanks to the panel, I got to experience his talent first-hand and really enjoyed how he was so open with the audience.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 08:35:32 AM »
I was in row three, smack in the centre of the panel table.

Ok, so you were in front of me to the right.  I tried to get on stage to ink the Superman sketch, but he picked that kid instead of me.

::grumble grumble::

Offline dogberry

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 08:51:32 AM »
Ok, so you were in front of me to the right.  I tried to get on stage to ink the Superman sketch, but he picked that kid instead of me.

::grumble grumble::

I know right, kids get ALL the privileges! Hahaha! You should have leapt up from your chair like a fiery titan. That would totally get his attention.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 08:56:42 AM »
I know right, kids get ALL the privileges! Hahaha! You should have leapt up from your chair like a fiery titan. That would totally get his attention.

I did.  I was at the front row when Jim (cuz he and I are on a first name basis and all) said, "I was going to go with him. <Pointing at the kid>  Sorry."

Cute freckle faced kids ruin everything.  ::Sulks::

Offline MacAttack

• Freebie Table
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 11:30:13 AM »
the moderator made a special point of saying something to the effect of:  “If you like these panels, please let CCI know that you do.” 

Sounds like all these smaller panels were in the same situation with CCI.  Just sent them the email to keep the "How to" panels.  Similarly, our moderators asked the attendees to let CCI know.  My daughter and I attended the Painting Comics with the iPad and the Color with Copic markers panels.  These learning panels are a nice contrast to the entertainment panels and add balance to the overall panel line-up.

Offline Matryoshka

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
Smaller Panel Positive Feedback to CCI
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 11:43:39 AM »
I'm curious if anyone attended the Star Wars origami panel on Friday? I would love to have gone to that if I'd had a Friday badge.

Offline Stitch101

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 09:22:50 AM »
I did mostly smaller panels this year. I'd say the biggest ones I did were the back to back Being Human/Warehouse 13 panels in the Indigo Ballroom. And while the ballroom was busy, there was still a lot of seats in the back rows. I happened to stumble in just as the last panel before Being Human was letting out and some people were heading out, so I was able to snag a pretty awesome seat that someone left up front about 5 rows back from the stage. I also did Bates Motel in 6A Saturday morning.

The rest was all made up of the smaller panels though. I found myself almost never waiting in long lines, and the panels seemed a little more personal and energetic because the audience was smaller and more involved. And some of them had me almost in tears laughing because the panelists were soooo funny and entertaining. It made this years con for me so much more enjoyable then last year.

I just shot off an email to CCI!
Hard work never killed anybody... but why take a chance?

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 02:57:10 PM »
I just heard back from CCI and they would like to know specifics as to which of these panels people attended and liked.  I don’t know if they need room locations and times, but I gave them the titles of the ones that I attended. 

So be sure to include at least the panel titles in your emails to them.

Offline Kay

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 08:08:03 PM »
Ben 10 before Neil was a bad schedule IMO.  Neil deserved a bigger room and should have been away from Cosmos.

God so true!  There were ppl standing along the back wall because of lack of seats.  I was honestly surprised they didn't kick them out for fear of the Fire Marshall.

Dear Die-ary,
I went to the SDCC talk-back panel today...

Offline MacAttack

• Freebie Table
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 10:05:18 PM »
Following is the response I received from CCI.

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you had a good time at the How To panels.
--
Assistant to the Director of Programming
Comic-Con International San Diego