Author Topic: Friday Hidden Gems (2018)  (Read 3415 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Friday Hidden Gems (2018)
« on: July 02, 2018, 10:03:27 PM »
Please post your Friday Hidden Gems in this thread!

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
Re: Friday Hidden Gems (2018)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 10:44:18 AM »
The Return of Mego featuring Joe Namath

Marty Abrams, CEO of Mego Corp., speaks about the return of the world's greatest toy company and welcomes football legend Joe Namath to autograph a very limited number of new Joe Namath 14-inch action figures exclusively at Comic-Con. Marty will also be introducing a new line of 8-inch and 14-inch licensed action figures debuting exclusively at Target stores on August 1st.

Friday July 20, 2018 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Room 32AB

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:18:42 AM »

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 12:53:09 PM »
That Mego panel sounds very cool. Here are a couple I found so far:

10:00am - 11:30am
That '70s Panel
Room 8
The seventies were a time of change for comics: Veteran creators were melding with new talent and new kinds of comics were emerging. Here's a discussion of those changing times with Marv Wolfman (Tomb of Dracula), Steve Leialoha (Warlock), Rick Hoberg (Star Wars), Richard Pini and Wendy Pini (Elfquest), moderator Mark Evanier (Scooby Doo), and others.

10:00am - 11:00am
The Genius of Animation: Problem Solving in Character and Story
Room 23ABC
Did you know The Flintstones started out as a show about hillbillies? Frozen's Anna and Elsa didn't start out as sisters? So many of the cartoon characters and storylines you love went through lots of changes to become the versions you know. Panelists will examine some of your favorite movies and cartoon shorts with the artists responsible for creating/developing them, learn about fascinating bumps in the road, and how they got past them. Featuring Floyd Norman (Disney legend, animator and story artist, Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book), Jane Baer (animator, Sleeping Beauty, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?), Nik Ranieri (character animator, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Beauty and the Beast), Ricardo Delgado (production designer, Atlantis; visual development artist, The Incredibles, Wall-E), Kathy Zielinski (lead animator, The Little Mermaid, Frozen), Aliki Theofilopoulos (supervising producer: Harvey Street Kids, storyboard artist/writer: Phineas and Ferb), Randy Haycock (character animator, The Lion King, Moana), Shadi Petosky (co-creator Danger & Eggs, executive producer: Twelve Forever), and Mindy Johnson (animation historian, author, Ink and Paint: The Women of Walt Disney's Animation). Moderated by Leslie Combemale (CinemaSiren.com, ASIFA: Hollywood).
Ang

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 05:36:41 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The Return of Mego featuring Joe Namath

Marty Abrams, CEO of Mego Corp., speaks about the return of the world's greatest toy company and welcomes football legend Joe Namath to autograph a very limited number of new Joe Namath 14-inch action figures exclusively at Comic-Con. Marty will also be introducing a new line of 8-inch and 14-inch licensed action figures debuting exclusively at Target stores on August 1st.

Friday July 20, 2018 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Room 32AB

Shhhh.  I want to be the only one there.  Me and Joe Namath and Mego.  Yep, that is my perfect Friday panel.  ::)
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia