Author Topic: X-Men Dark Pheonix  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
X-Men Dark Pheonix
« on: March 02, 2019, 02:03:32 PM »
Just watched the preview and I really hope that Marvel does a complete reboot for the X-Men when they join the MCU--casting, design, everything. 

The other disappointment of this movie is that I don't think we will ever get a solid version if the Dark Phoenix Saga as it is unlikely that they will try a 3rd time.

I feel the same way about the Wolverine Limited Series/The Wolverine movie.

Just my opinion.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
Re: X-Men Dark Pheonix
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 02:51:48 PM »
The only good thing about the X-Universe now is Deadpool, and when Disney finally gets control and does reboot the universe (which is badly needed, I grant you), that means no more Ryan Reynolds. So I kinda hope they’re able to squeeze in one more Deadpool movie before we close the books on Fox-made X-movies.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:21:58 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 09:20:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The only good thing about the X-Universe now is Deadpool, and when Disney finally gets control and does reboot the universe (which is badly needed, I grant you), that means no more Ryan Reynolds. So I kinda hope they’re able to squeeze in one more Deadpool movie before we close the books on Fox-made X-movies.

Yeah, the PG-13 Once Upon a Deadpool market test was not a good sign for Deadpool's future.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 05:14:58 AM »
It's an interesting item...I mean look at the track record of Feige and how he's ushering the different properties onto the big screen.  If anyone can set up a successful story, it's gonna be him and the folks driving the MCU.  Does it mean a full-on reboot from a cast/story/crew perspective?  Maybe for some, but who knows right?  I can totally see a Ryan R Deadpool coming at all this from a 4th wall perspective.  Maybe we'll find out something by the end of the year as to their plans for the newly-combined MCU.  I for one would love to see X-Men, FF and more in the MCU.

Can you say, Secret Wars? :)
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 10:27:00 AM »
Integrating the X-Men will be tricky to an already established universe. They’ll have to decide if mutants / X-Men had always been around or a recent thing. And if they’ve always been there, explain why they’ve never been mentioned or hinted at thus far. One way around it is that Xavier is so powerful he mindwipes knowledge of mutants from the entire populace. But then you’d expect the X-Men to have shown up to some of the same events that Avengers have, especially if the X-Men are NYC-based. Another thing is they’ll probably have to change Magneto’s backstory from Holocaust survivor because he would be way too old now. And that’s a bit of a problem since I find that’s as crucial to his character as Batman’s parents being shot.

None of the above is insurmountable. Disney has clever people who can make it work. But I think it’s safe to assume the history of the X-Men that we grew up with, both comics and movie wise, will look different in the MCU.

I think a full recast is inevitable. Just look at SpiderMan. I thought Andrew Garfield was a fine SpiderMan stuck in bad stories, but they opted to start completely fresh. And a full recast / redesign will tell the audience: this ain’t Fox’s X-Universe anymore, much like the much  younger Aunt May told us, this was a different SpiderMan universe.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 12:05:47 PM »
My personal take is Avengers vs X-Men is how they'll do a quick integration or last act of one of the overall phases.

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 11:29:38 PM »
But how many characters in one film is too many?!
Personally, I'd like to see them kept separate. Then we get separate films/franchises.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 06:55:29 PM »
But how many characters in one film is too many?!
Personally, I'd like to see them kept separate. Then we get separate films/franchises.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Totally agree with the too many.  The X-movies proved repeatedly that more does not necessarily mean better.  I think that they should be judicious with the crossover, but I think we are going to get AvX.

My opinion is Marvel needs their Logan.  Not the R rating, but the simple heartfelt story like "must get innocent girl to safety."

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 08:35:42 PM »
I'm a precog.  :)

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 09:08:46 PM »
Red ball!

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 03:08:49 PM »
ok...follow this...

- The MCU doesn't have mutants (yet) but enhanced
- Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (mutants in the comics) became enhanced via experiments w/the energies from the Mind stone in Loki's scepter
- Carol Danvers got her powers from energies in the engine core when she blew it up, and that engine was created from energies in the Tesseract/Space stone
- The Earth has held 2-3 stones (if you also count Time) consistently at some point
- It's safe to say that energies from the stones cause enhanced to be created --> Mutants

Maybe they somehow follow that set of thoughts bringing the X-Men in to the MCU?

Maybe...