Author Topic: Captain Marvel ***Spoilers***  (Read 3277 times)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
Re: Captain Marvel ***Spoilers***
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2019, 10:57:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Also, when she exits the subway station, it's actually at the Civic Center station, not 7th Street Metro. When she arrived at 7th Street Metro, she would've had to go downstairs, hop on the Red Line, and go 2 stops before exiting.

Additionally, the train station she initially gets on at is Douglas station, which is on the Green Line, which runs West-East, and does not go downtown. The Blue Line is the one that runs North-South and goes downtown. When Fury calls it in, he says it is a Northbound train. She would have had to transfer from the Green Line to the Blue Line at some point in order to get downtown!

Just a little bit of LA trivia for you  ;)
Meanwhile non-Southern Californians are likely SHOCKED to hear L.A. has a subway system  :P
(note: when I first moved to SoCA I too was shocked to learn LA has a seemingly solid subway)

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2019, 11:58:08 AM »
Fun on set!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 01:53:18 AM »

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2019, 10:18:36 PM »
This movie did not let me down.  My whole family loved it!  The opening tribute to Stan Lee was incredibly moving as was him reading lines for Mallrats.  There was so much to love about this film: excellent plot, pacing was superb, characterization, music selection, end scenes, the Flerken, but without a doubt how my daughter reacted to it really moved me.  She had a smile on her face for I swear an hour after the movie.  She had so many questions about Captain Marvel which I was happy to answer.  For that alone, this is my favorite Marvel movie.  Hands down. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster