Author Topic: SDCC Funko Fundays 2019  (Read 45636 times)

Offline teppope

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 31
Re: SDCC Funko Fundays 2019
« Reply #300 on: May 22, 2019, 01:32:47 PM »
Struck out again as usual. Waitlist which really means no. Well if anyone is in the sharing mood, hit me up.

Offline L3g3nd33

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #301 on: May 22, 2019, 01:59:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
On the fanatic forum it looks like 2 members saw the link ahead of time with the code, but they are not providing their source yet so until they provide it, you can't really say info was leaked. But I think they were saying it was a few minutes before funko tweeted the link out.

Now when you click on the funko link for eventbrite you don't even need to put in the code to be added to the waitlist either.

I had the link like 20min after the ticket sale started.  Funko slowly updated the page adding the graphics, etc.  Around 2:49pm the PW prompt showed up.  Regardless, I still didn't get any tickets.  The PW hung up for a bit after I submitted, when I added to cart it also hung up and then just kicked me out to wait list.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #302 on: Today at 01:48:10 AM »

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #302 on: May 22, 2019, 02:17:00 PM »
Looking at the twitter comments someone posted that @dis.pops knew when the code was gonna go up. I took screenshots of that person's post and I was gonna attach them on here but I don't know how to scratch out the persons twitter name that put the source up.

Offline L3g3nd33

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #303 on: May 22, 2019, 02:23:54 PM »
Looking at the twitter comments someone posted that @dis.pops knew when the code was gonna go up. I took screenshots of that person's post and I was gonna attach them on here but I don't know how to scratch out the persons twitter name that put the source up.

Dis.Pops posted a screenshot of his tickets before the password had even been tweeted out.  There's also posts from Twitter Bots showing the "success" they had botting tickets.

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #304 on: May 22, 2019, 02:30:32 PM »
Dis.Pops posted a screenshot of his tickets before the password had even been tweeted out.  There's also posts from Twitter Bots showing the "success" they had botting tickets.

Do you gave those screenshots that you can pm me?

Offline L3g3nd33

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #305 on: May 22, 2019, 02:35:37 PM »
Do you gave those screenshots that you can pm me?

The bot @serveio removed the screenshot showing the tickets it checked out.  But it has plenty of other screenshots showing it exploits with Funimation and Hot Topic.

Offline ThePowerOfGus

• Freebie Table
    • My Instagram
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #306 on: May 22, 2019, 03:00:19 PM »

Man, that stuff is infuriating. It's hard enough getting in as it is, and things like this just make it impossible.

Offline L3g3nd33

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #307 on: May 22, 2019, 03:08:02 PM »
Man, that stuff is infuriating. It's hard enough getting in as it is, and things like this just make it impossible.

It really is frustrating.  The password prompt was only up for about 5 seconds before the password was tweeted out.  But we all know 5 seconds is a huge amount of time to checkout for Fundays tickets if you had the password beforehand considering tickets sold out in about 5-10 seconds once the password was made public.

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #308 on: May 22, 2019, 03:16:43 PM »
All i can is start taking screenshots and complain to FUNKO, maybe more people will then get off the waitlist!

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 172
« Reply #309 on: May 22, 2019, 03:18:58 PM »
All i can is start taking screenshots and complain to FUNKO, maybe more people will then get off the waitlist!

I have always said that, if someone has proof, why not make a formal complain? Funko at least seams to care more than other companies

Offline mattytreks

• Ballroom 20
    • mattytreks on twitter
  • Liked: 233
« Reply #310 on: May 22, 2019, 03:24:07 PM »
I think we all need to assess our level of desire to go to Fundays each year, and if we truly do want to attend, by far the easiest path is increasing our Funatic forum post count.

I, for one, will be committing to getting my post count WAY up over the next year.

Relying on the general sale or gracious friends offering their +1 just isn’t going to cut it, anymore.

I have no desire to stare at a monitor for 2+ hours again for a five-second mad dash.  Especially if the system is being exploited.
Star Wars | LEGO | 1000toys | Batman | Voltron

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 172
« Reply #311 on: May 22, 2019, 03:28:13 PM »
I think it's just a matter of time before they change completely to a lottery, one for funatics, one general... something like SDCC badges

Offline TossedSalad

• Gaming Lounge
  • Greetings Programs!
  • Liked: 143
« Reply #312 on: May 22, 2019, 03:33:57 PM »
I think it's just a matter of time before they change completely to a lottery, one for funatics, one general... something like SDCC badges

I mean if there’s documented proof of bots and such, only a lottery can prevent that stuff
Fun isn’t something one considers when preparing for Comic-Con, but attending does put a smile on my face

Offline Sonic77

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #313 on: May 22, 2019, 03:42:05 PM »
I mean if there’s documented proof of bots and such, only a lottery can prevent that stuff

Can't see them going full lottery on both sides especially since the funatic side has a lot of people who meet the threshold but only become more active during this point in time.  Can see them offering up more tickets to highly active/long time member funatics and lowering the number for general.  It is a private party after all so they make their own rules in the end and only have to answer to themselves.

Offline mattytreks

• Ballroom 20
    • mattytreks on twitter
  • Liked: 233
« Reply #314 on: May 22, 2019, 03:44:41 PM »
There was definitely chatter going around during the past year of Funko possibly going to a lottery this year -- something I alluded to in my very first post in this thread.  That clearly did not happen and I'm fine with that.

But I want to take a bit more control of my destiny and focus on the Funatic forum.

One thing's for sure though, upping my posts at Funatic is not going to cause me to post here any less.  This is my favorite forum for so many reasons :)
Star Wars | LEGO | 1000toys | Batman | Voltron