Author Topic: NYCC 2016 Room Sharing Thread  (Read 3430 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
NYCC 2016 Room Sharing Thread
« on: April 27, 2016, 08:55:43 PM »
Kindly follow this format.

Please don't post anywhere else on this site trying to get a roommate for New York Comic Con.  ONLY POST HERE! 

Please post only once in this thread (to be considerate of your fellow forum members and to avoid spamming the thread).  Duplicate posts will be deleted without notice.  You have been warned.

Please note that this thread is for finding roommates for ROOM SHARING ONLY.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR DISCUSSION.  In an effort to keep things organized and easy to read through, this is for room sharing requests onlyConversations in this thread may be deleted without warning.

Please edit/modify your post if the spaces in your room have been taken.
This is so that people can see which rooms are available and which aren't. 

You can also use the strike-through feature to indicate that your request is closed: [ s]text goes here[/ s]     
Remove the spaces, so it will look like this ==> text goes here

Please note that this thread is for finding roommates for ROOM SHARING ONLY.

This thread is NOT intended for making hotel requests.  It does not replace the hotel exchange in any way, shape, or form.  Please do not post here if you are looking to trade a hotel reservation or get a hotel reservation giveaway.

If you post in this thread, please be aware that this means you are saying that you WANT roommates at whatever hotel you end up with.  Provide details about yourself.  Include the description and preferences!

If you post in this thread, this means that you agree to have other forum members contact you via PM for the possibility of sharing a room together at New York Comic Con 2016.

We're doing our best to help keep the forums organized for reading and discussing, but we need your help to do this.

Thank you for your understanding!

IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one):
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE (I want to share a room with someone.)
(or) 
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES (I already booked a room and need roommates.)

Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: (What is your preferred hotel or area to stay in?)
Days: (Include which days.)
Price Per Night: (For those looking for roommates, YOU NEED TO BE UPFRONT ABOUT THE PRICE IN YOUR POST.  If you want to room share, what is your price range?)
Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No)
Spaces: (If you're looking for a room share, how many people do you want to be in your room?  If you're looking for roommates, how many spaces are available in your room?  Don't forget to include yourself.)

Preferences and Description:
Age Preference of Roommates:
Gender Preference of Roommates: (Type in "all-male," "all-female," or "co-ed.")
Include a brief description about yourself: (Ex: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the room.  I'm a morning person, so I like to wake up early to get ready for the day.)
Additional preferences for roommates: (Ex: I prefer someone who is organized and clean.)

NOTE: Do not add your phone number to your post.  To protect our forum members from potential phone scams, phone numbers will be removed without notice.

DISCLAIMER:
The forum administrators and moderators do not vet individuals that post here!  This thread was created with the intention to provide a designated venue that allows interested individuals to initiate contact with each other for the possibility of sharing a hotel room at New York Comic Con.

Please use your best personal judgement and common sense, and as always, please proceed with caution when arranging any agreements (especially with strangers).  Discuss payment details and rooming expectations thoroughly.

Just a quick word about condo shares:
If you book the condo for a good price, you will find people to share the cost. 
Make sure you understand the *total cost.*  This includes taxes and cleaning fees.

HOW TO CONTACT SOMEONE FOR ROOM SHARES OR ROOMMATES
Please see this post below: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:00:04 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: NYCC 2016 Room Sharing Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 08:56:14 PM »

HOW TO CONTACT SOMEONE FOR ROOM SHARES OR ROOMMATES
Go to the person's post in this thread.
Under the profile photo (or avatar), click on the icon that looks like this:
Fill out the "Subject" box with "NYCC Room Sharing."
Type in your message to the other person.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:24:22 AM »

Offline Dabrownman1812

• Sails Pavilion
  • Hello, Name's Jacob!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 09:57:33 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATE (I am looking into booking at a hotel.)

Name: (Jacob)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: (A hotel in Manhattan or Brooklyn, maybe you can help me decide where.)
Days: (October 9-10)
Price Per Night: (10 a night)
Smoking/Drinking: (drinking is ok, no smoking)
Spaces: (1 person)

Age Preference of Roommates: 18-25
Gender Preference of Roommates: (female)
Include a brief description about yourself: (I am a fitness trainer who is not afraid to be a little nerdy. I work out before I start my day)
Additional preferences for roommates: (none)

Offline clowchan

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 11:19:15 AM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES (Room is already booked, just looking for roommates)

Name: Rose V.
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Using airbnb and renting an apartment. It's 3 blocks away from Grand Central Station and approx 17 minute subway ride to Javits
Days: Oct 5 -10 (check-in on Wednesday 3PM, checkout on Monday at 1PM)
Price Per Night: $248 for each bed space (prices are for whole stay) You can either pay in full OR pay half to  reserve a spot. The second half is due by Aug 30th Sep 30th. Paypal is preferred. NO AT CON PAYMENTS. This is a first come, first serve basis!
Smoking/Drinking:   No/No since this is someone else's home (What you do outside of the room is none of my business.)
Spaces: 1 bed, 2 sofa bed

Age Preference of Roommates:
18+
Gender Preference of Roommates: any gender is fine
Include a brief description about yourself: I am a 29 y/o female, This is my first time going to NYCC (but I've been to SDCC 4 times before) but third time running a room. I'm a little shy at first but polite and friendly (but I do geek out about fandoms I love). I keep my stuff nice and neat. NYCC just so happens to fall on my birthday so I will be going out to celebrate it (and anyone who rooms with me is more than welcomed to join me!) I am also a cosplayer/crossplayer. I basically will only be there to drop off stuff, shower, and sleep.

Additional preferences for roommates: Please be clean, respectful to others and their stuff, have a good sense of humour, and mature.  Showering daily is a must! If you come in the room late or leave the room early please be respectful to those trying to sleep. Cosplayers are very  welcomed! Let me know if you plan on bringing any large props (just so I know how to situate the room). And let me know a little bit about yourself!

UPDATE: 2 bed spaces left
UPDATE #2: Changing the payment due date to Sep 30th
UPDATE #3: 1 sofa space left
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 08:59:31 AM by clowchan »

Offline russbrett

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 04:35:59 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES (I already booked a room and need roommates.)

Name: Russell B.
Name of Hotel: Meadowlands View Hotel - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Days: Check In Thursday 10/06, Check Out Sunday 10/09 (3 nights)
Price Per Night: $80 per night or $215 for ALL 3 nights
Smoking/Drinking: No smoking (at least not in the room), drinking is okay so long as you can hold your liquor
Spaces: The room has two double beds (one of which I am using).  I am willing to share the room with an additional 3 people if nobody minds sharing the beds (so long as you all belong to the same group - I will not accept multiple offers from multiple parties - just so everyone is comfortable).  I don't mind sharing my bed if you don't.  There is an additional $20 per night charge for EACH additional person in your group.

Age Preference of Roommates: Doesn't matter to me.  But I'm 39, if that makes a difference.
Gender Preference of Roommates: If it doesn't bother you that I'm a guy, I don't care what you are.
Include a brief description about yourself: I am a recently published comic book writer (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).  I am married and have two small girls and a cat.
Additional preferences for roommates: Just be a decent human being and we should get along fine.

Additional Info About the Room: The hotel is in North Bergen, New Jersey.  It has shuttle service to and from the Javits Center that (last year) costs $8 one way, or $15 round trip.  The shuttle takes 20-30 minutes depending on traffic.

Update:  The spot has been filled.  There are no available spaces.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 06:29:54 PM by russbrett »